It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone help me interperet this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Ok, last night at about 10:30 pm I started meditating, I started getting vibrations in both of my ears....kind of like a wind sound...I noticed a light and focused on this light, it was really fuzzy at first but as I got deeper into meditation it became clearer....All of a sudden the white I was focusing on turned out to be the White in somethings EYES....It was so close to me that in my meditative state it seemed like it was right in front of me. When it became clear and I could clearly see it. It blinked....I immediately came out of my meditative state because it scared me so much...What scared me was how close it was to me...it was like it was staring at me with its head to my forehead....

Also the detail of it was weird....it looked like a human eye except it was a gray/bluish color. I could not see the nose or facial features only the eye and downward to the cheek. The skin was a dark greenish color and whatever it was seemed to have more course pores on the face...meaning they were larger than a normal human.

This has been bothering me all day, I want to know if anyone else has had similar experiences? I am afraid to meditate now due to this.....

I would like to add: No I do not do Drugs and I was not drinking before this incident.

-Kdial1

[edit on 4-8-2008 by kdial1]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

May I ask what type of meditation you were practicing?
Were you in total silence or did you have any relaxation music going?
Also, were you meditating in general, or were you trying to calm your mind after an external stressful event?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by kdial1

May I ask what type of meditation you were practicing?
Were you in total silence or did you have any relaxation music going?
Also, were you meditating in general, or were you trying to calm your mind after an external stressful event?

I was in complete silence, I have developed my own meditation technique. This technique is kind of hard to explain but it works for me....I start by closing my eyes and clearing my mind...I lie on my back and focus on the vibrations in my ears....this takes about 45 seconds...then I start to see flashes of light...I continue focusing on the vibrations and lights until images become more clearer. I start receiving images in about 1 to 5 minutes.

-Kdial1

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I'm not going to pretend and attempt to decipher your experience. It would be arrogant and presumptuous of me to explain what you saw.

My only observation would be the following. It sounds like your meditative technique consistently takes you to place more akin to lucid dreaming rather than a "typical" meditative state. In my personal experience when I meditate, it takes me to a place of no mind, and in that state I lose my interpretive sensory relationship to myself.

If you are lucid dreaming, just like regular dreaming, you sometimes wake up and can't shake the emotional imprint of the dream for the rest of the day. Also lucid dreaming can be highly suggestible from one's subconscious. So if you have specific fears or interests, they are likely to surface in that state.

However, if you feel that you were in a true meditative state when you had this most recent experience, it might mean that something is trying to make itself known to you when you are open and perhaps less protected. In that case I would suggest that should this presence reappear, the best thing to do is to confront/engage it. At the very least you will be able to identify it's nature.

It is in the Zen tradition that life will always bring you exactly what you need. Perhaps this is just a personal hurdle for you to overcome.

Having said all that, it could also be bad sushi!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I had a simular experance.
Except i was with a group of spiritualest. We were all meditating when an eye like you discribed appeared to me, except the eye was green. It scared the bageebas out of me. One of the elders said that it was a visit from a jelous spirit. I have never seen it again.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thanks for the reply, I agree that it is Lucid/Astral..I recently have just started using this technique...because of how quick it is...I have tried other techniques but they take me forever and my mind wanders. When I focus on the vibrations it keeps my mind focused.

reply to post by only onus

It is good to know that I am not the only one that has had this experience. I am going to try again tonight and hopefully confront/engage this spirit or being like schrodingers dog mentioned above.

-Kdial1

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
This may pass as an odd question OP, but did you notice anything about the background? Behind the figure and around you, even if there seemed to be nothing- which could mean something in itself- could you describe your surroundings?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Don't some people report hearing wind prior to an astral projection?
I have projected, but never heard these types of noises.

I look forward to reading about your confrontation OP - good luck.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Huh. Had a odd expieience myself. I don't meditate in the strictest sense, generally can't. But I do reach points where it's like i'm meditating.
Generally i get this kind of buzz/chime noise. Always hear it, about drives me batty.
The other night I just started focusing on it. Almost like I tuned it up. Heard crickets, frogs, some birds, wind in long grass. Made me thing of the better kinds of swampt, or by a lake. It was... real nice. Slept about five or so hours, fealt like I slept ten.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Levita
This may pass as an odd question OP, but did you notice anything about the background? Behind the figure and around you, even if there seemed to be nothing- which could mean something in itself- could you describe your surroundings?

I did not see nothing behind this spirit and or being....like I said it was really close to my face literally right up on me so all I saw was an eye and down to the cheek....I am still nervous about going lucid or astral again because I have heard stories of evil spirits waiting for you to leave your physical body into the astral....I am going to need some spiritual help before do this again.

-Kdial1

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

all i can sugest is that maybe you are seeing your minds eye. wont go into it here though maybe google for further info.

its a good thing so dont be afraid at all. meditation can bring up many things so be open and willing to accept whatever comes your way.

(love how everyone who talks of these hapenings has that foot-note 'by the way 'no drugs involved' :lol

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
By Focusing on a 'High' Vibration Sound, your body and mind has attune to such Vibration. I believe that your 6th Chakra is opened, and because it is opened, your able to see with your Mind's Eye. Possible that you have seen a "thought" that just arise that seem so real because you have a clear picture. Or possible that you have seen a higher spiritual guardian with your Mind's eye. Sounds like you have been meditating for a while, and that your able to see clearly with your mind, but also to focus pretty well.

I myself try to focus on the 'High' pitch sound, try to attune with such Vibration is key. If you haven't notice, some Mantra's have a higher vibration sound, when we perform these Mantras, we try to simulate that 'High' Vibration, What ever it is, it puts us into a higher state. You see monks do the mantra 'Om' with a very good and strong vibration.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

I'm not being rude when I say this, but merely attesting to the power of meditation: It's in your mind. Meditation is a very powerful tool, and what you can come across is always entirely internal.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
k iwould like to sytart meditating ad seeing stuff like that could any 1 tell me how do you meditate is it hard how long does it take to get in a meditative state?? and is meditating boring

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
go to this tread for some infomation. It's boring if you dont know what your doing. Every second is enjoyable if you know what your doing.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I have many past lives (yes I believe in em') and when I "meditate" I find I can start remembering it and if I focus on a certain subject I learn about it... even people so meditation doesn't ALWAYS have to be internal... if you are also partially astral projecting... the astral plane can also be a scary place... just like any other... I mean... I have seen demons in the spirit plane... but the astral I can't normally tap into... Im not sure WHY but my spirit is CHAINED to my body... all I can do is send my demon self to check things out... one problem tho... my demon self can't always remember what happened... of course... I can learn a lot during it... or I can clear myself entirly ... although I cannot hold the clarity for a long time... usually cause I sense something that isn't supposed to be there or that there is something evil nearby... I have a natural sense of knowing if a spirit or demon is there or a spirit of anykind... even people I can sometimes sense... and what I say is... what is going on with you... could be anything... even a goblin... well its true cause... well... it can

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I have seen the same thing during meditation.
Happened just today, in fact.

It is a rather startling thing to have happen. It "woke me" right up. Always does.

I would like to say, though, that these practices of "focusing" on a certain thing often lead to OBE experiences.
First time I ever tried to have one I succeeded. My instruction was to lie on my back (beware of sleep paralysis in this scenario.... it happens) and focus on the green light behing the eyelids. As soon as I "fell asleep" I floated around my house and interacted with my wife who was still up at the time watching Leno.

It was pretty funny, because I knew that she was up to watch Leno so I sat down with her and said: "you think that is funny, check this. Then I grabbed her by the hand and we danced around the living room floating in mid air.

Amazing.
It was a lucid dream.
It was an OBE.

This I know because I asked her what she stayed up for the next day and she told me Leno.

Anyhow, powerful stuff here to be playing with, but it is a lot of fun.
In fact, I am going under in about two minutes...
Night all.

top topics

join