It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The numbers this morning - 8/4

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Just a quick glance at the big pollsters and their numbers.

Interesting that Rasmussen Tracking and USA Today/Gallup are showing McCain in the lead when the others aren't. Either way, the average is Obama 46.5%, McCain 44% with no margin of error given.

Source: www.realclearpolitics.com...

I ran the numbers for July through current in Excel, created a line chart with markers and applied trend lines to both. Interestingly, the July numbers show both candidates are trending downward in the polls, though McCain's downward trend is sharper than Obama's.

I'm thinking however, that monthly data might be too far apart to get an accurate picture of polling averages as the political world and viewpoints seem to change on a dime in this election.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
If voters would use commonsense instead of polling numbers we might just get America back. I really don't care about polls. Give me voting records for the candidates and let me watch them flip flop all over the place and then I'll vote.
I really don't want either of them in office, but I'll take the less evil one if that's our only chose.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Looks like a lot of variance in some of those poll numbers. Some had McCain up by 1 and others had Obama up by 7.

I still think Summer has a lot to do with the trending currently.

new topics

join