It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crickets Crickets Everywhere!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I work 3rd shift, and have noticed that last night and tonight there are hundres upon hundreds of crickets outside, not chirping and hiding in the bushes like usual, but crawling around all over the ground. And spiders inside the buildings and homes, I have heard so many people complaining about finding large wolfe spiders, although they are not unusual in this area, finding large numbers of them in your home is unusual, they don't like coming indoors. What could be causing these insects to be acting different? We did have a small quake nearby on saturday, and I started noticing them Sat night. What else could it be though if that is not it?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I have TONS of spiders at my house this year. So far they are staying outside, but they are everywhere. That is the main insect oddity that I have noticed recently.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I brought one to work with me tonight to sit down and find out what kind of spider this is. We have killed or thrown outside at least 25 spiders from our home this week, most of them were just like the one I brought with me tonight, I found that it is a wolf spider, kin to the tarantula, they are BIG. I don't like spiders, they scare the peewallydoodle out of me, but these guys are so big and they have fangs on them, they even scare the hubby!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
OMG! Tonight there is a combination of live and dead crickts all over the ground, and spiders are coming in like crazy. WTF. I hate spiders!!!!! I am at work and have killed 6 since 11pm, why are they all coming inside?????

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
they are after you may be
don't go to sleep lol

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by solo1

Great, just what I need, lack of sleep along with fear of spiders! I killed a spider about 5 inches ( no kidding) in cicumfrence tonight, it was in the window at the head of my bed. Another wolf spider.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
They're coming to get you, Barbra.
No. Seriously. They are.

Ok, joking aside, is it cricket mating season? Usually when you have a mass of bugs show up.... and then die off, it's usually their mating season. Other than that, it may be something generating a noise or scent they find attactive.
May be the same for spider, or since spiders are predators they are thinking "Oh boy, easy pickings!"
Dunno though, (the word that means bug scientist in latin) I ain't.
Come to think of it, if you have one of those sonic bug repellars, that may explain what your seeing. Had one in our house ones, spiders disappeared, roaches set themselves up under the thing. I think roaches are related to crickets.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I don't know anything about cricket mating season (LMAO) but I have never seen so many just crawling around or dead. And as for the spiders, wow, I also have never seen so many. I am seeing them at home and at work, more in two days than I have seen in 2 years!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I don't find it surprising that you have a lot of spiders in your house, we have tons in our place of living, mainly they are crawling in through the air con system, or from the basement. I have yet to see a wolf spider but I have heard cases that they will jump at you if disturbed, there are even wolf spiders that can live under water in the usa. What part of the country are you from?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Cricket eh?

Well I saw two inside today. Funny you mention crickets. I guess nothing outrageous here as far as a large amount of spiders or crickets inside the house, though.

Troy

top topics

join