It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain and Iran Jokes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Alright, I've really had no inclination to bend either way in this election, I find that I think John Mccain is too hawkish for my tastes, and Obama I don't know enough about to like, but one thing I really dislike is the jokes that Senator McCain keeps letting slide...they are pretty frightening at least in my opinion for someone who may be about to hold one of the most powerful offices in the United States of America.

I know this topic is a little old, but I was wondering on what other people feel about it.

Source

I think in a time where we are already a little stretched thin, are widely criticized by the rest of the world as bullies, and in a pretty bad economical state I think we should use our military as what it is meant to be a defensive element and stay completely away from Iran unless they start poking us first.

However these jokes and quirks that John Mccain keep uttering kind of startle me, I'm not looking forward to another war in the middle east that will most likely evolve into something alot more horrible then it will begin as. If I was voting I think I may go Obama just to go for the lesser of two evils, even though I wonder if he could do anything to quell war with Iran...still I believe he has more of a chance than John McCain. What are your guys's thoughts on this?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Just as a side note, the "Bomb Iran" song joke happened in April 2007.

rawstory.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The lesser of the two evils? If you truly believe that, then why vote for either one of them? If I only had the choice between "two evils" to guide my way of life for the next four years, well then, I'd run like hell....but that's just me. If you are voting for one of them just so your "vote will count" then go for an independent. Our votes are only there to influence the vote of our respective electoral voting members (Even in that sense, as we saw with the first W. Bush election, popular vote really doesn't matter...As they do whatever the hell they want anyways). This way, you know well before the election even, that in 1-2 years you will be able to say with confidence "Don't blame me, I didn't vote for 'em!".

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
It is unrealistic to think that an independant will ever hold office in our strongly bilateral system, me choosing the lesser of the two evils would mean that I'd rather see Obama hold office then McCain. Therefore I would do my part to see him in rather than McCain...that is if I were voting this election.

new topics

top topics

join