It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting a Youtube Acct - hints? Tips?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
OK, I've got a new cam and figured I'd get some paranormal stuff to embed here.

Anyone got a youtube acct, willing to share tips?

Should I use my email or get a gmail acct, or a temp email acct? Anyone get spam from them? Visits by hairy guys in black suits who look like Jesse Ventura and Alex Trebeck?

Help a youtube noob, my fellow minions.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I have a youtube account, It's not bad, I use my normal email, I don't know if I get any spam from them, heck I get so much spam I couldn't tell you where the hell it's from.

But any who, not really much to tell, except that whatever you upload will more than likely get a nasty reply attached to it within days. Some people on YouTube are really mean spirited and will bash anything. But it's ok cause you can just delete their comments.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Thanks. I wouldn't bother but it makes it nice to be able to embed a vid on ATS if you need proof, or to supply proof of claims of the paranormal.

Someday, I hope to document that I live with a Bigfoot, also. (I have a video of 'the Patty walk' by mine. Eerily identical!)

Thanks for the tips!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I have one too,

There is a little box you can tick so that people cannot respond, Thats always a good one for personal vids ect,

I dont get any spam ect i used my own email addy and have not had any problems with it for 2 years

there a good number of settings on there, where you can set it to private ect or for only frineds to see,
So worth having a peek about,

yuo can keep your personal vids seprate from vids you choose to keep from others,

Like mine,
The (Videos) Is all my personal ones

the my Favs are the ones i have just looked at and liked

You can send messages to other users ect,

If you join up add me
and if you need any help i can give you a hand,
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Another good reason to get a Youtube account: You can subscribe to other Youtube user's videos or favorites. And you can subscribe to keywords as well. I.e. if you subscribe to the keywords "abovetopsecret" and "belowtopsecret", you can see a list of the most recent videos uploaded with those keywords. When you have a long list of keywords, it's easy and fast to find new videos of topics that interests you. Btw, I'm Kujager.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Thanks to Asala and Hellmutt for the youtube advice (and whatuknow)

I posted one test video just to see how it works

Baby deer run across trail

new topics

top topics

join