It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have to get this out into the open!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

The brown hairy thing is the masonic secret. Thats why you were never told. Just kidding.

Nice story, you should embelish on the details and polish it up a bit, but I enjoyed it. You have a future as a writer. You picked the right carrer field.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Like I stated in a previous post. Our Lance Corporal is looking at a Court Martial, in the least, if it is discovered he leaked information. Especially after being debriefed and telling the NCOIC or OIC statements contradictory to what he has proclaimed here.

I would delete everything I can in edit and pray for the best...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well we'll never know for sure one way or the other whether this was a hoax, he or she for that matter could tell us anything now, half of us would believe and half wouldn't. Personally I think this is a classic case of his butthole talking to his underwear.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

LOL Yuk, brown hairy thing. THe thing I really wanted to know was the password. I mean I think they have to give a password. I wondered if it was something like "Harry sent me" or "the rain in spain falls mainly on the plain" but he never gave in. I guess Marines are made different these days, but there was a time when they would take cyanide before giving up classified info.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Don't delete the thread.

Could prove useful if things go sour.

I hope you're alright OP, take care.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I've got the whole thread saved(and I'm sure I'm not the only one). If he deletes his OPs we can just repost them.

Good story, btw.

Vas

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I am starting to become worried... "They" want me have a psych review now. I hope they dont give me a lobotomy of sorts. Tomorrow at 0800 I wonder if I should try and blow it off. I have been seeing this thing in my head all day so maybe it would do me some good. Any advice? Oh and I need to know that when I delete this thread, is it within the toc for another member to post a copy of my post because this also has me a bit worried. Please people, respect the fact that I had the balls to tell you all. Dont exploit that please.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This is BS it wont let me edit/delete my post, whats up with that? Please mods put the edit function back on my original post. I am asking nicely please put the edit tool back on the original post.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by Teh One]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Teh One

It's not BS that's how ATS works, it's how the software is set up, no mod has locked it or caused you trouble. I like many others here want proof, because without it it's just a story, a good one but nothing more. Earlier you said that you coudln't give more details, well if you can't give details to confirm your story then what was the point of telling it? To ask anyone to believe something so fantastic requires fantastic proof.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Heh, you believe what you want there bub. Im not here to talk to people like you.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I just wanted to say thanks for having the balls to post this if it is real. If it is not , it was still fairly good writing. The only thing is, I would be U2Uing some moderators right now it if is true because you need to delete this whole thread asap !
good luck!
and write back what happens at your psych review if you have the guts ! :-p take care

ps yes it very well could be a real story by a marine, because i have friends in the service plus err someone in my family (secret -its the net im not posting personal info) is a retired colonel so i know it takes all types to make up the forces, from drop-outs to geniuses !

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teh One
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Heh, you believe what you want there bub. Im not here to talk to people like you.

Are you here to talk to people like me?
Who are you here to talk to?
Whats your motivation?

Cuhail

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'm not in a position to judge this story either way

and weird s--t happens

but, I know nothing about being in the military - I have no way of telling what's what here

so I have a question about all this -

is it possible the military itself is conducting some sort of psychological test/experiment?

especially pulling someone into this that has a desk job?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Aha! It is only the beginning my friends! Seriously my friend is doing research into talking apes. See my related thread for details.

Planet Ape future on Earth

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teh One
..... and my boss, a 26 year master sergeant wanted to know every last detail when he brought me into his office. What a jerk, he told me if I didnt tell him everything he could send me to the brig for disobeying a direct order....

Only officers can give 'direct' orders, it's part of the commissioning structure. An NCO can only give 'lawful' not 'direct' orders. His order cannot carry the same weight as an officer's - he could probably send you to the brig anyway, I just thought you'd like to research that point.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I always thought a "direct order" was a cliche used in Hollywood films. Like the phrase "Sir, with all due respect..."

When I was in BMTS, I recall an airman using the phrase "Sir, with all due respect..." when addressing the team leader, who subsequently reduced the poor airman to tears when he demanded to know which film the airman learned the phrase from (if I were silly enough to have used the cliche and been put in that spot by the instructor, I would have answered "all of them, sir."

I'm not taking the micky from you, but if an officer tells an enlisted person to do something, is it ever anything but a "direct" order?

As for the OP's story, yeah. It's a cool story, but the story's probably died a still-birth. It's not as if anyone can insist on seeing an evidence, unfortunately.

[edit on 4/8/08 by Fuggle]

[edit on 4/8/08 by Fuggle]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Remember who is making the post. The OP is a Lance Corporal. He hasn't gone for his NCO tests yet. As far as he knows, a direct order has been given by the NCOIC. Your lucky if he knows the whole chain of command.

KTK
+11 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I wish to thank Cuhail for once again upholding ATS ethos and giving people a fair go. I for one appreciate your efforts. Although I dont post much I had to come in and say it as it dosnt go unnoticed by the silent majority.

To the resident sceptics, Im old enough and intelligent enough to make up my own mind about someones posts. It gets really old and tiring seeing you all make the same posts over and over again without any active contribution to the board as a whole. What the heck are you all doing a site like this is you find the content hard to swallow. All you do is vomit up muck. You are wasting your life, our time and ATS server space.

I dont care if a tale is true or not. Im here cause I have an appreciation for the worldwide differing opinions and peoples extraordinary experiences. It also gives a facinating glimpse into the human psyche. I like knowing the process on how a person got to those conclusions or experiences.

Whats wrong with letting people have thier own version of thier own reality without your interference. What makes you think your bland boxed in whitebread middle class existance is how everyones reality should be. Guess what....... I dont give a flying flip about your boring life, get over your sheltered egos and start living and contributing.

Perhaps it just comes down to having respect and appreciation for other peoples existances................................

I wish to apologise for the rude behaviour the OP endured, Im glad enough people came on to turn the tide around.

Interesting experience or tale. The military would be better of letting the ocasional oddball leak/tale occur. If they blur the lines enough we become blase about them. Works like the national enquirer, the true leaks get perceived as bollocks.

Assuming the experience is real I would imagine a psych assessment would be on the cards for all lower ranking people involved.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tapped In
reply to post by Maxmars

Remember who is making the post. The OP is a Lance Corporal. He hasn't gone for his NCO tests yet. As far as he knows, a direct order has been given by the NCOIC. Your lucky if he knows the whole chain of command.

Good point. I meant no criticism of the op. Lot's of NCO's make the claim to have given a direct order, not realizing they are technically incorrect. I know, I was one. Serves me right for being anal. I apologize if it seemed I was distracting from the frightening account.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by KTK

star 4 u
couldnt agree more.

truth is often stranger than fiction, i find the story to be interesting at the least, i guess the only way something like this could be confirmed is if in the fture there are more incedents with other people.

not sure if i believe it or not but ill definatley put it on the back burner and wait and see before i make a decision one way or the other.

one question for the OP.

in what you told us, you were with what i was led to believe 2 other people, one had run off when he heard the shots to see wether the creature had been caught, you were left with what you thought was the other person and started walking towards the other location, you arrived found out your less than quiet companion was the creature you were looking for (at least thats how i read it) what happened to the other person you were with, the one you thought you were with at the time?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join