It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chroming the moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Okay, so in my recent web browsing, I came accross this interesting website.
Anyways, basically, it talks about the advantages of "chroming the moon." pretty much paving the moon with Chrome, so that life can be easier and better here on earth. Here are a few advantages listed from the website itself:

* It wastes SNRs (for those who think this important) * It offers a challenging driving surface * Would give the Earth better illumination for night-time driving * (And for the Holy Paving Crew to do their work) * Warns off space aliens (for those who think that aliens may invade) * Looks sparkly.

It seems to me that the best part of this whole idea would be the part about warning off aliens. Just think about it. Would you want to invade a planet with a shiny moon? I didn't think so. Also, this plan would give a lot of you guys paranoid about getting eaten by aliens a sense of security. However, it could also be bad, seeing that some people are relying on Aliens to redeem us from this horrible earth. So, I was just wondering, what do you guys here at ATS think about it? Would this help or just make life harder for all of us? How about for aliens?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
We should chrome the moon because it will be awsome and the aliens will be intimidated because we will be sporting our intergalactic bling.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
for the "intergalactic bling" comment.

But probably not a good idea for the ecosystem -- lots of plants need a certain ratio of light/darkness in their seasonal cycles, too bright at night would mess that up. And it would really mess with nocturnal insects and animals that depend upon a certain level of darkness.

Edit to add: So, let's just chrome the dark side.

[edit on 3-8-2008 by Ian McLean]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean

Edit to add: So, let's just chrome the dark side.

[edit on 3-8-2008 by Ian McLean]

Ah, now the human race is advancing. We need more people to think like this. Thankyou for your input. I will present this idea to my board of directors. Thankyou again.

top topics

join