It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Hexagon on Saturn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Bizarre Hexagon on Saturn

www.nasa.gov

An odd, six-sided, honeycomb-shaped feature circling the entire north pole of Saturn has captured the interest of scientists with NASA's Cassini Mission
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
ufonews.tv

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I know this picture is from 2007, but I was wondering if anyone had any futher information on it; and or has anyone come to a conclusion about it? Or did it fall silent when too many people started asking questions which is usually the case. Thanks for your help!

www.nasa.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LunarLooney1

Well, I read once, that the Hexagon going up from Saturn is associated with the idea of being drawn downward (here, i believe, and it made sense to me). What would the purposes of that being there possibly be, APART from the existance of a secret hive of ferocious metal space bees?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Here's a good discussion about it all:

A ping of the NASA ADS article database and the
arXiv.org suggests further reading on the topic "Rossby standing wave"
or "Rossby solitary vortex". I haven't tracked these articles down
other than the easily obtained online arXiv article. I do not
understand the concept, but it appears to be that if you have a
circular fluid (jet) stream rotating clockwise and a second nearby
fluid stream rotating the anticlockwise, the difference between the
rotational phases of the two streams will set up a resonance pattern.
It also seems to refer to the reaction of a rotating gas to a uniform
ram pressure. In Saturn that is expressed in the hexagon shape.
Hexagonal Rossy solitary vortices have been proposed as the cause of
the partial hexagonal shape of a stellar supercluster in galaxy NGC
6946, the shape of the interior vortex of the Great Red Spot on
Jupiter and the hexagonal shape of some galaxies seen in the Hubble
Deep field image.

sci.tech-archive.net...

Here's an article published about the effect:

Abstract
The hexagonal, pole-centered cloud feature in Saturn's northern atmosphere, as revealed in Voyager close-encounter imaging mosaics, may be interpreted as a stationary Rossby wave. The wave is embedded within a sharply peaked eastward jet (of 100 meters per second) and appears to be perturbed by at least one anticyclonic oval vortex immediately to the south. The effectively exact observational determination of the horizontal wave number and phase speed, applied to a simple model dispersion relation, suggests that the wave is vertically trapped and provides a diagnostic template for further modeling of the deep atmospheric stratification.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

Bizarre geometric shapes that appear at the centre of swirling vortices in planetary atmospheres might be explained by a simple experiment with a bucket of water...

...The researchers found that once the plate was spinning so fast that the water span out to the sides, creating a hole of air in the middle, the dry patch wasn't circular as might be expected. Instead it evolved, as the bucket's spin sped up, from an ellipse to a three-sided star, to a square, a pentagon, and, at the highest speeds investigated, a hexagon.

www.bioedonline.org...

[edit on 3-8-2008 by Jadette]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
This phenomena has also been appearing in other places too:

Earth:
Hurricane Ivan
www.franklyspeakingradio.com...

Hurricane Isabel:
cimss.ssec.wisc.edu...

Hurricane Katrina:
www.akasha.de...

---------------------

If energy is applied to a liquid, gasious, or granular medium, resonance patterns usually form standing waves similar to those appearing in these hurricanes:
This is an example of accoustic energy creating standing wave pattern on an acoustically amplified metal plate. The sand indicates standing waves from the directed energy:
www.techeblog.com...
--------------------
Whats ***VERY*** important to note is that the frequency of the the energy has a wave length. and that wave length is visible in all resonant shapes. ***THEREFORE*** if you can measure the distance between the lines of the resonant shape then you can ***DERIVE THE FREQUENCY*** of the energy.

Would anyone care to take up the task of converting the distances in the lines to a wavelength and hence a rough guess of the frequency? How will that calculated frequency compare to the operating frequency of say... the HAARP project?

-------------

Now looking at saturn,
cybercide.us...

the distances of the lines are huge, implying two things, the gaseous medium is less dense, making the waves travel slower, and this also implies stretching the wave length to be longer. However, if someone can look up the atmospheric pressure of Saturn at the polar altitude and calculate the speed of sound in that pressure, we may be able to deduce the resonant frequecy of the energy creating the geometric structure.

It's late, so I will leave that to some of our engineers on this board to figure out.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
...The researchers found that once the plate was spinning so fast that the water span out to the sides, creating a hole of air in the middle, the dry patch wasn't circular as might be expected. Instead it evolved, as the bucket's spin sped up, from an ellipse to a three-sided star, to a square, a pentagon, and, at the highest speeds investigated, a hexagon.

www.bioedonline.org...

Thank you Jadette, thats the coolest thing I've seen in the last 24 hours.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
it is always on 19.5.

And alot more. Its all about this hyperdemensional Hexagon. Man named Richard C. Hoagland, a nasa guy, knows all about it and has many interesting finds on this stuff. The saturn video is one of a couple videos of him explaining.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LunarLooney1

i have this to share with ya.
unfortunatly the info is old but very relevent..
it concerns these hexagon shapes and their connection to hyper-diminsonal physics.. any way best place to start would be on saturn but it is only one planet suffering these phenomena.. they have been pictured on mars, jupiter, venus, and like another poster pointed out Kathrina.. but also Kathrina is not the only storm sytem to display these formations.. there are many storms documented here.

We personally have been presenting data over the last 10 years that indicates the new hurricanes (and they are progressively stronger each year... To continue) are both New Universe phenomenology (that is beaching itself on all of the planets of our solar system, and some of the storms like those that engulfed Mars, during September 2001, or the recent superstorms on Saturn and Jupiter — make our present hurricanes seem like trivial peanuts by comparison, in fact Earth's weather is suspiciously quiet compared to each of the other planets); and artificial weather modification, using hyperdimensional scalar (time wave, longitudal Tesla wave, AKA Vortexijah) technology... The later controls the impact of the former, to some degree, and in a manner that is geopolitically useful for certain parties, it could appear, at present.

i have another link from the same source:

As the Sun was undergoing the emergence of a hyperdimensional N-space 5D signature on its North pole, along with the emergence of "something else," (see: Sungate Conspiracy 1, 2 , and 3for details)

and also if you have the time Richard Hogland has done a lot in trying to explain this hyper-dimensional stuff here.

For some time, we have been asked to provide an overview of a subject intimately connected with -- but not dependent upon -- the confirmation of "intelligent ruins at Cydonia," on Mars:

anyway hope you find something of interest to you.

peace

daz

[edit on 4-8-2008 by daz__]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Hey great thread!

Hoagland? Really? There really is a simple explanation for this. It's called Plasma Physics/ Electric Universe.

This is what happens when Plasma Physicists and Electrical Engineers, whom happen to understand electricity very well, describe what they see in space....

www.holoscience.com...

The polar hot spot and long-lived hexagonal feature results from a continuous electric current flowing from the Sun into the pole of Saturn. The hot spot will remain for as long as the Sun shines electrically. The blue (false color) auroral ring shows that the current flows into Saturn via a cylindrical electron beam propagating along Saturn's magnetic field and magnetically pinching (known as a Z-pinch) down to the polar region.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This same process can be produced in the laboratory.....

external image

The diocotron instabilities in the inner current cylinder are forcing the cloud pattern to form the distinctive hexagonal shape. The polar hot spot is heated by the Birkeland current discharge in the core of the Z-pinch.

It is important to note that Jupiter has been found to have a hexagonal cloud collar at its north pole. And Neptune, the most distant planet from the Sun, has a hot pole.....

.....Jupiter's Great Red Spot occasionally shows clear hexagonal morphology too

It's not bunk science.....

Returning to Saturn's polar very hot "tip", it should be found on closer inspection to exhibit a similar structure to the Venusian polar dipole. Its compactness is due to the electromagnetic pinch effect where it enters Saturn's atmosphere. The hot spot's behavior should be variable like that on Venus and correlated with the appearance of Saturn's ring spokes, which are a visible manifestation of a heightened equatorial discharge in that part of Saturn's Faraday motor circuit. The Electric Universe also predicts, experimentum crucis, that BOTH poles should be hot, not one hot and the other cold.

These types of occurrences are being predicted by Electric Universe theory and are being proven true by new discoveries.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

That's what I thought first!
It's some kind of resonance effect. Hydrodynamics is fun.

And no, this is not a N-dimensional hyper filament from planet of Gmorrg.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
i see from the post u have some good information,but one question that still eludes me is why this is happening now.I understand it happens offten from the info above.Although it cant happen taht often since this is the first we have seen of it,and it hasnt disipated.So what is special about now in our universe.There has to be a outside gravitational,or energy thats the direct cause of this effect we see.Ill not go into a bunch of ufo things,but the hexagon is a 5th dim. evolution of geometry.Also we understand gravity causes space to fold,and effects time,and distance.This makes me wonder if there is something,our milky way center,a outside sun,or many other possiblitys,but something is causeing this,some gravitational force that hasnt been here in our lifetime,since we are just now seeing this.
i like all the scientist explinations,But noone will state what is the main instigator to start this process in our universe on plants and our sun at the same time.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

There has to be a outside gravitational,or energy thats the direct cause of this effect we see.Ill not go into a bunch of ufo things,but the hexagon is a 5th dim. evolution of geometry.Also we understand gravity causes space to fold,and effects time,and distance.This makes me wonder if there is something,our milky way center,a outside sun,or many other possiblitys,but something is causeing this,some gravitational force that hasnt been here in our lifetime,since we are just now seeing this.

As a scientist, I can assure you that it is indeed strange that the hexagon shape on Saturn is happening simultaneously with unprecedented gas prices, mortgage crisis and an unusual hurricane season, as well as summer Olympics. The is a rumour that all of the above is the results of a 5th dim. evolution of space-time geometry, as a result of a gravitational wave sent in our direction by the sentient being Zmorrg, who resides in the center of a rapidly spinning neutron star.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
nice response..
you were asking what might be causing this..
been surfin all evening and eventually found some of this..

Thus we see here that the “isomorphic” “space-time” geometries of the
Gamma Ray Bursts, may very well be induced by a form of superconductivity
that condenses into an 8 dimensional isomorphic geometry.
We should also remember that Clifford gained his numbers after translating
the Rg Veda — his algebra, despite being almost 100 years old, is gaining ever
increasing insight into mapping the fundamentals of our universe, and is
“infinite-dimensional.”. The 8 dimensional nature of geometrical light-cones
(gamma bursts) that are intersecting (tetrahedron) with a spacetime geometry,
are the result of an 8 dimensional agency projecting into 4D:
“The intersecting geodesics and the light-cones of spacetime must arise when
we project orbits from 8 dimensions down to the 4 dimensions of space-time.
They arise from and describe a quantum entanglement that occurs in the
dynamical development…. We use a high-dimensional Clifford algebra to
express quantum space-time.”

—CLIFFORD ALGEBRA AS QUANTUM LANGUAGE ∗

James Baugh David
Ritz Finkelstein Andrei Galiautdinov, School of Physics, Georgia Institute of
Technology Heinrich Saller Heisenberg Institute of Theoretical Physics, Max
Planck Society May 7, 2001

this extract is about 19 pages into the document that is linked..

i sometimes wish i had a better understanding of physics and math then maybe this information would mean alot more to me but alas my mind can grasp just so much..

peace

daz__

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
reply to post by Jadette

That's what I thought first!
It's some kind of resonance effect. Hydrodynamics is fun.

And no, this is not a N-dimensional hyper filament from planet of Gmorrg.

you are of coarse right.. about the resonance effect..

after messing about with google i found this .

CYMATICS

What could possibly be causing something like this?

The new nebula photographs offer stunning, visible proof that geometry plays more of a role in the forces of the Universe than most of us may ever believe. Our scientists can only struggle to understand this within their existing mainstream models. Yet, we already have key elements in place to help explain it.

First of all, we know that geometry is not a random, mysterious, once-in-a-lifetime effect… it is a basic pattern formed in a fluid when it is vibrated, as we see in the case of Dr. Hans Jenny’s work with what he called Cymatics. All he did was take a drop of ordinary water, fill it with very tiny particles called ‘colloids’, and then vibrate the water.

In this example we see how these simple particles in a fluid take on geometric structure, by nothing more than vibration:

now this article in not so much about saturn but there are refferences to it and its hexagon vortices.. it explores more the universe in general and how geometry effect the structure of matter..

Additional analysis of this same body of data discovered that it not only had an octahedron shape in it, there was a giant ‘dodecahedron’ as well. Beware that when searching for this data, everyone outside America calls a soccer ball a ‘football’, so you might want to look for key phrases like “the
Cosmos is shaped like a football

peace

daz__

[edit on 6-8-2008 by daz__]

top topics

join