It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What accident happened at CERN?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I was looking to see who is on Coast2Coast tonight and I read this:

First Hour: Physicist Dr. Walter L. Wagner will provide an update on the CERN accident.

What accident?

www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
qd.typepad.com...

they were trying to put a large electrical closet on its final mounting when it slid off and crushed one of the people mounting it. He did not survive.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Could it be this? If not I have no clue and will just have to tune in tonight.

Big Bang...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
seems someone died in a construction accident.

Link to source

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the links but I still don't understand why they would have a physicist on to talk about a construction accident that happened 3 years ago..

[edit on 3-8-2008 by polomontana]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'm not going to pay for that crap.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I don't know yet if it was an accident but CERN in the initials for the European Organization for Nuclear Research

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MacSen191

I watched that show the other night, they played down any type of danger, my hubby was watching it with me, the woman never said that the collider was completely safe, or that it could not cause a black hole, instead she did a song and dance that was her opinion, that it would not happen, and her own odds of it. Not the real numbers or truth. My husband said 'see, she said it is not going to cause any black holes', no, that is not what she said. But I am sure that is what most people think they heard. And the creepy smiling guy that is the guide throughout the show, well, he is smiling waaaay too much, I never trust someone who can smile through a lie.

edit to add= sorry I didn't click your provided link before posting, I was referring to a show called ' the big bang machine' that was on TV.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
This happened in April 08.

I said they might have had an accident and there not telling us.

Why did this happen in April and we are just finding out about it?

There are just to many lose variables and I hope there isn't more they are not telling us.

I said this on 7-14-2008

Maybe a huge mistake occured and there trying to stop whatever disaster they created before telling the public.

We could soon see a Morgan Freeman moment from the movie Deep Impact.

The President could hold an emergency speech and tell us they started up the LHC and something went wrong. You can fill in the rest.

It's probably just delays.

Here's the thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Here at ATS we are all about theories, and for the most part none of us here are experts at many of the topics we are interested in, but we offer up our individual theories. Science works on theory, they begin with a theory and develop that into either a fact or fiction, or the answer to the theory remains unknown to man. With that in mind, check out this quote and the following article that I personally found disturbing as hell.

edit to add= note the argument between what reads like to scientist understudies at the bottom.

5. Nonetheless, the suggestion was raised that predictions of evaporation may depend on the unknown physics at the Planck Scale, which remain unknowable. Even though we have many theoretical reasons to expect that microscopic black holes quickly evaporate, Giddings and Mangano felt compelled to study the case where, argumendo, the microscopic black holes did not evaporate and ask the question was it conceivable that they pose a risk to Earth.

www.physforum.com...

[edit on 4-8-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
FYI: the guys arguing at the bottom in the comments, they mention Woodward and Mahood, one of the guys claims he even has a copy of their original 2000 report on his desk right now. Now why are they discussing Woodward and Mahood's in relation to the LHC? Check out this link, this is a paper from Woodward and Mahood in 2006:

physics.fullerton.edu...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
The only accident I am aware of is where something broke some mirrors or something very large expensive mirrors which is what has delayed the start up.
I have never read any true statement about anyone dying.
In many searches I bring up results saying CERN accident is a hoax.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Regading the CERN accident:

I read on a link posted on rense.com, that there was a helium pressure leak. One ton of liquid helium supercooled to near absolute zero leaked out and caused several superconducting magnets to fail.

It is possible that the experiment was a success. Perhaps they created a near sustainable fusion reaction for a mere nanosecond although it wasn't built for that. In a transcribed ( in PDF form ) conversation with a radio talk show host and his call in guest, the scientist/physicist speculated of a possible black hole, or worse yet, a proto-universe.

Towards the end of the program, the talk show host mentioned that he could sure use a drink.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Well now. The mystery just continues to deepen. No wonder they waited a week to report it.

I tell you what ats. There is more to this story then they are telling.

The orange orbs in vicinity for two days was the capper.

Wait a minute! I thought they said they had to rewarm then recool any repair from -430 k.

This is not adding up.

Not adding up at all. Don't these people know that some people still read?

[edit on 9/24/2008 by jpm1602]

[edit on 9/24/2008 by jpm1602]

new topics

top topics

join