It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

planning a trip to egypt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
hey everyone, i was wondering if any of you been to egypt and can offer some advice on some spots to see or good travel agencies to go through. im planning on going hopefully next sping. the pyramids are a absolute given, i'd like to go inside them too and hopefully talk to the right people to let me climb on top of one, i see pics of other people doing it so why not
. luxor and karnak are a definate too. im looking at going for about 2 weeks. i've been wanting to go there for years but now i thinks its time.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Luxor is the big one really. Everyone thinks pyramids and they are great but Luxor is blew my mind.

Get to Abu Simbel in the south. It's a short flight/day trip and well worth it.

If money allows for it, take a Nile cruise. It's a great way to see Egypt.

In Cairo, the museum is excellent and the living cemetary is too weird to be missed. The Mohammad Ali Mosque is good to see as well.

Enjoy, it's a great place. Oh, and at least when I was there last, get used to seeing a lot of soldiers in the streets. And if you are a woman or traveling with a woman, watch for wandering hands!

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hats for shade, one of those squirt bottles with fans...

Granted, I was a kid when I was there, but they didn't have a lot of AC in most places...and it's damn hot...

Wish I could tell you more, but frankly, I was too young to pay much attention to the names of places when I was there (talking early 80's here)... I did enjoy seeing it all though, and totally agree on Luxor....can't miss that...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I went there in August last year. The highlights were Karnak, Abu Simbel and going inside the great pyramid. But really, all the temples are awesome. You MUST also check out the museum in Cairo, and you need like 5 hours at least there. I was there for 2 and missed out on a fair bit.

I recommend doing a group tour which covers all the major things, as you will need an Egyptologist tour guide for best results and really, Egypt isn't the sort of country you would want to tour on your own.

Also you need to take a taxi ride through Cairo... it's somethin' else.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Oh, man your lucky. I want to head off to Egypt for a holiday as well. I know people who have come back, and said it is awesome. HOT but awesome.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I went last year with a friend of mine, 2 weeks.

8 days at the Continental in Sharm el Sheikh, and 6 days in Cairo.

It was a coupple of days too much in Cairo, we had private driver and did all things imaginable in Cairo, including midnight horse riding with real beduins, and a nice meal in a tent after the ride, with full moon and the pyramid light show in the back gound, was just the best of the best :-)

The Continental in Sharm, REAL big hotel, flat layout, with some 1500 rooms, 5-6 different restaurants, disco that never closes, 2 pools, one for the swimmers who can swim, and one at a lower area for children.

We, (my now girlfriend) are now thinking of revisiting Egypt next year, as it was a real, nice holiday, but perhaps cut it down to total of 8 - 10 days.

new topics

top topics

join