It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ask a satanist

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Entreri

thank you...ok i see Anton Szandor LaVey reckons the human need no god, but religious ritual because they try to find it in the "normal or classical religion...

but right now im reading a book called..satanism the new menace...and in this book they talk about satanic ritual abuse...that the "programming" little children to become a satanist...they celebrate black exhibition...ect. ect.

i try to get the satanic bible...but i can't get it in no bookstore...and the people look at me like im grazy when i ask for it...but im download the bible as an ebook..so i can read, if im finish with the book i read at the moment...

the "The Nine Satanic Statements" and the "The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth" sounds for me very intersting...not in any way(my best friend would say bad) ....

the other day i've talked with my son about satanism...'cause he wrote a presentation for school about this issue....and he make me to understand this issue better...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
How many games of Dungeons and Dragons did it take your best friend to convince you that being a Satanist was cool? Not many? A lot, a lot?

Sincerely yours, TroolyKureeus.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
From Wikipedia:

Satanism can refer to a number of belief systems depending on the user and context. Common use of the word generally refers to the worship of Satan and/or the practice of ritual magic. [1] However, by the actual adherents, the suffix -ism is used by some groups to suggest the definition as an act or practice,[clarify] as opposed to the oft-assumed definition as the doctrine or philosophy behind an act or practice.[2]

Generally, the word "Satanism" is used by scholars to describe several distinct spiritual practices and beliefs; the two most significant seem to be LaVeyan Satanism and Theistic Satanism. Ideas about Satan come from essentially these two sources.[2] It is often the practice of any given Satanist not to refer to themselves with a hyphenated prefix. Each "type" of Satanist will usually refer to themselves only as Satanists.

You know what? Texts of your own religion say there is no God, or Satan for that matter either. Everything is simply written in metaphor just for the sake of dualism. Worshipping something is not Satanism, but something else entirely.

Has it ever occured to you that you may have been misled a bit about what these systems are called and why?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slothrop

Hello Slothrop,

It seems to me after reading the first few pages of responses that you studied Christianity and the Bible and discovered it all to be bullsh!t. However, instead of just accepting this fact you decided to find [or make up] some new bullsh!t to replace the other bullsh!t in order to satisfy your desire to believe in something.

Why not just do the honest thing and assume an atheistic position?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypicalThat's a straw man argument of epic proportions. Christians are no longer under Mosaic Law, but under the Law of Grace.

Ehh? There's absolutely nothing in the New Testament that indicates that you are not to abide by the old Moasic Law. Jesus Christ even says in at least one paragraph that he is not sent to abolish the old law.

Fantasize much?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Secret dreams: In regards Satanists abusing children. I’m not so blind as to think because it is SPECIFICALLY stated as being wrong in the satanic bible, that it doesn’t happen. But no more than in any other religion. Because of the idiotic beliefs of some branches of Satanism, some people believe that kind of abuse is necessary. It is as stupid as certain mainstream priests abusing children, or certain eastern zealots beating their wives or daughters for moronic reasons. Its not the religion, so much as the individual.

DeadFlagBlues: I’ve never played D&D man, cant answer that.

Rawsom: Dunno whether you were directing that to me or the OP, but yes, Laveyan Satanists believes there is no God (or Satan) Regarding your last statement, Satanism is often used simply as a tool to throw in the face of mainstream religions for shock value. Mostly by people with little knowledge of either Satanism, or the religion they’re attacking.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Entreri

i not believe this neither...i agree with you... this just claimed by idiotic believes of people the just hear of satanism...that must be bad, because its probably not the mainstream...something like that happend everywere, sadly...just look to some of catholic priest, not all..im not gonna say that...but what they did to kids...i think a lot books just bull
...and i just said or wrote that because i read a book like this...no no no i do not believe anything i read...its just interesting...and i think the want to scare ppl the read those kind of books...try to convey the meaning of satanism...claim this is bad...satanist are bad neither...beware of ppl like that, bla bla bla...but i dont know if this author really get into this issue...
i know or learned a lot from my son...and he said also that its not usual what this writer characterize...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Entreri
Rawsom: Dunno whether you were directing that to me or the OP, but yes, Laveyan Satanists believes there is no God (or Satan) Regarding your last statement, Satanism is often used simply as a tool to throw in the face of mainstream religions for shock value. Mostly by people with little knowledge of either Satanism, or the religion they’re attacking.

Obviously, but people I know about do know a lot of religions, yet they are satanists. I suppose it is Laveyan satanism then, since they don't believe in God, Satan or any supernatural either.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
How do you know that anything you believe is in fact real?

Just as christians have no proof other than a book written by human hands.. such is the lack of proof of any religion.

How can you believe so many things and have nothing to back it up?

Human nature I guess. Hmm?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Slothrop

Sounds awesome. Where do I sign up, rofl.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I re-wrote this response a couple of times, and this is as nice as I'm willing to make it, considering the tone of the post I'm responding to.

NephraTari

Have you actually READ anything I’ve posted in response to questions? And who the hell said I have to back up my beliefs with proof any more than Christians or Muslims? You’re showing the kind of intolerance towards others beliefs that cause so many wars between mainstream religions. I’m not preaching here, I’m responding to questions about the beliefs of a Satanist. Learn to read.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Entreri

No, NephraTari is right on with her response. Any religion can not be confirmed or denied because the only way to prove it is to die. So how could one possibly say without a shadow of a doubt that they know the answer to that? Sad to see so many people adhere to anything because they disagree with something else. It's that nerd mentality of "finding something." If you knew yourself, you wouldn't need any religion, creed, or whatever you want. What's the point of believing in not believing? There isn't one, you're just being immature and insensitive to beliefs that people put their life into. What they do should not be judged by you. Just be yourself without the lame excuse of a counter culture; satanism and let people follow their own path. You're only looking for an excuse to belong to something, just like they are. We're all searching. Grow up.

Oh, and...
*Makes L with hand and puts it on his forehead '95 style.*

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   

You’re showing the kind of intolerance towards others beliefs that cause so many wars between mainstream religions. I’m not preaching here, I’m responding to questions about the beliefs of a Satanist. Learn to read.

Tolerance towards stupid beliefs that rely on unproven mumbo-jump magic is not a virtue. I do not respect or practice tolerance towards beliefs I recognize as bullsh!t.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Entreri

I think it was a fair question.
You opened yourself up to questions and yet when you get one you don't like.. you attack and respond like a wounded child.

so I repeat... How do you know that anything you believe is in fact real?

If you cannot answer it then just say so. But don't get defensive and attack me.

FYI I do not have any beliefs. Not even atheism. I am gnostic I suppose if you have to put a label on me. I admit that I do not know the reality of existence.
Which is probably the most honest anyone can get. None of use KNOW anything.
Some put faith in one thing or another but in truth we never know for certain whether or not that faith is founded.

Responding to a question with hostility when you opened yourself up to be questioned seems very contradictory. In my humble opinion. But if you refuse to answer that is your choice. Although one might assume that in not answering you are admiting that you just don't know.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
How do you know that anything you believe is in fact real?

Just as christians have no proof other than a book written by human hands.. such is the lack of proof of any religion.

How can you believe so many things and have nothing to back it up?

Human nature I guess. Hmm?

Not true, those who wrote the Bible witnessed these things then wrote. Case in point:

How do you know Alexander the Great was real? Nothing was written about him until decades after he died. If we hold Alexander the Great to the same litmus test we hold Jesus Christ to then he didn't exist. If fact, there is more "proof" Alexander the Great didn't exist than Jesus Christ. Has ATG changed the world? Are there followers of ATG? Do we celebrate ATG's birthday today, or his death?

2,000 years later and there are 1.1 Billion people claiming to be followers of Jesus Christ. How many followers of Alexander the Great are there today? 6 maybe? lol

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Slothrop

i would have to say that after browsing through this thread, the OP is not a legitimate satanist. i am not sure what passes for truth around here but letting this little devil worshipper run around claiming to answer as a satanist is rediculous. i had to stop reading early on so forgive me if this has been overstated but there are catholics, christians, muslims, satanists, satanworshippers, luciferians, and on and on. you cannot just claim any religion that wants to be satanic is satanism any more than you can call any cult who mentions jesus christian.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Secret dreams: In regards Satanists abusing children. I’m not so blind as to think because it is SPECIFICALLY stated as being wrong in the satanic bible, that it doesn’t happen. But no more than in any other religion. Because of the idiotic beliefs of some branches of Satanism, some people believe that kind of abuse is necessary. It is as stupid as certain mainstream priests abusing children, or certain eastern zealots beating their wives or daughters for moronic reasons. Its not the religion, so much as the individual.

DeadFlagBlues: I’ve never played D&D man, cant answer that.

branches??????
what branches of satanism?????
there is ONE CHURCH OF SATAN. one officially recognized satanic religion. anything else is a completely different thing. not a branch or missunderstanding or offshoot. and if you look real hard you will see, the people abusing children almost always do it in god's name anyway.

this entire thread is so full of crap it smells from here. there is so much that is wrong about satanism here and it is all just laid out as if it were fact. even posts that blatantly contradict each other, as long as they attack the same people. the OP has no idea what it means to be a satanist, and all the people professing knowledge from the outside of it - where did you get this knowledge of?? have you really gone and looked into satanism? or just read michelle remembers, listened to your priest, watched geraldo, and think you got it all figured out.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
thats a intersting chapter i found in the satanic bible...ok, for me it is interesting, i dont know about other pll what the think about it...

the book of lucifer

THE GOD YOU SAVE
MAY BE YOURSELF
ALL religions of a spiritual nature are inventions of man. He has created an entire
system of gods with nothing more than his carnal brain. Just because he has an ego,
and cannot accept it, he has to externalize it into some great spiritual device which he
calls "God".
God can do all the things man is forbidden to do - such as kill people, perform
miracles to gratify his will, control without any apparent responsibility, etc. If man
needs such a god and recognizes that god, then he is worshipping an entity that a
human being invented. Therefore, HE IS WORSHIPPING BY PROXY THE MAN THAT INVENTED GOD. Is it
not more sensible to worship a god that he, himself, has created, in accordance with his own
emotional needs - one that best represents the very carnal and physical being that has the ideapower
to invent a god in the first place?
If man insists on externalizing his true self in the form of "God", then why fear his true self, in
fearing "God", - why praise his true self in praising "God", - why remain externalized from "God"
IN ORDER TO ENGAGE IN RITUAL AND RELIGIOUS CEREMONY IN HIS NAME?
Man needs ritual and dogma, but no law states that an externalized god is necessary in order to
engage in ritual and ceremony performed in a god's name! Could it be that when he closes the gap
between himself and his "God" he sees the demon of pride creeping forth - that very embodiment
of Lucifer appearing in his midst? He no longer can view himself in two parts, the carnal and the
spiritual, but sees them merge as one, and then to his abysmal horror, discovers that they are only
the carnal - AND ALWAYS WERE! Then he either hates himself to death, day by day - or rejoices that
he is what he is!
If he hates himself, he searches out new and more complex spiritual paths of "enlightenment" in
hopes that he may split himself up again in his quest for stronger and more externalized "gods" to
scourge his poor miserable shell. If he accepts himself, but recognizes that ritual and ceremony are
the important devices that his invented religions have utilized to sustain his faith in a lie, then it is
the SAME FORM OF RITUAL that will sustain his faith in the truth - the primitive pageantry that will
give his awareness of his own majestic being added substance.
When all religious faith in lies has waned, it is because man has become closer to himself and
farther from "God"; closer to the "Devil." If this is what the devil represents, and a man lives his
life in the devil's fane, with the sinews of Satan moving in his flesh, then he either escapes from the
cacklings and carpings of the righteous, or stands proudly in his secret places of the earth and
manipulates the folly-ridden masses through his own Satanic might, until that day when he may
come forth in splendor proclaiming "I AM A SATANIST! BOW DOWN, FOR I AM THE HIGHEST
EMBODIMENT OF HUMAN LIFE!"

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Ok, I was having a bad day, and reading back on that post, it didn’t come out how I would have written it, had I been in a less crappy mood already, so I do apologise. It wasn’t the question that bothered me, it was the way I perceived it was coming across, being in the crappy mood I was.

Anyway.

DeadFlagBlues: I agree – there is no absolutes, even after we die, as far as we know. I do want to know though, where I was judging others? As I said above I apologise for the most recent post, but before that I wasn’t trying to put down any religions, apart from pointing out there are zealots in ALL facets of belief.

SilentGem: Tolerance is tolerance. There is nothing wrong with believing something different from others, no matter WHAT the belief. The only exception to that rule would be any belief that infringes on others in a detrimental way.

Nephratari: Sorry again, I didn’t mean to jump down your throat. In answer to your question, I have no idea whether what I believe is the truth. You and DeadFlagBlues are right – a lot of being in any sort of organisation whether religion or sporting group is about belonging. The beliefs I posted aren’t based on doing what an external deity says we should, but on how Satanists believe we should act – so I’m not sure what you were saying about backing up the beliefs. If you want me to clarify, I will not be such a tool next time 

Re22666: Search wiki. There ARE different branches of Satanism, whether you believe they’re the officially recognised one or not doesn’t mean they don’t exist.

Secret-dreams: It is interesting. And I can guarantee it will have different meanings for most people – even two Satanists would have different views on it – the joys of not being clones!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
yep, i think its depends on ppl got different interpretations for this...if they got prejudices about satanism or just believe in there own religion, no other religion besides, i think then they just read the bad..for them its a dark side....i dont know, just my imagine...but there a lot more of interesting chapter in the satanic bible...which amazed me...a lot of the words make sense to me...

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join