It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ask a satanist

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
As a LaVeyan Satanist, I would like people to know that MY views are NOT the same as the OP, who seems more of a Theistic Satanist. There are different types of Satanism, just as there are differing Christian/Islamic views.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Entreri]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Entreri
As a LaVeyan Satanist, I would like people to know that MY views are NOT the same as the OP, who seems more of a Theistic Satanist. There are different types of Satanism, just as there are differing Christian/Islamic views.

Can I ask you a Q?

Why would you place your trust in something created instead of God who created it?

I just what to know what your reasoning is. The creation can never be more powerful than the one who called it into existence.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Satanism is at the heart of all Secret Societies and Governments. Wanna know why?

Because it's all about secrets, lies, and promises of power wealth and happiness. It's never about "Oh what's best for the people?" It's always about "Oh what's best for me and how can I make the people either feel like # for not acting in accordance with my selfishness, or how can I make them think what's best for me is actually best for them?"

Are all a-holes Satanists? A conspiracy of a-holes dictating our lives. How did this happen? I usually either stop talking to pricks like this, or if there's no way to avoid their tyranny, I revolt. You don't think pricks like this rule the world? He's probably laughing at us. Look how he openly admits to going to Church and being a "Christian" as a FRONT, so as to look professional. Okay, what is your profession? I hope you're not a psychologist or a doctor.

I'm so damn tired of people thinking they are better just because they think they know something others don't. Or that they are smarter, better looking, higher up on the totem pole. No, you're no better. No, you have no idea. No, you're not going to Hell... and Yeah, you will "repent" if you ever stare into the face of God. You will question why you ever questioned "Him".

Just because you have faith in Higher Forces of Good, doesn't always mean fields of daisies. You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might find YOU GET WHAT YOU NEED.

You definitely do not need to be rewarded.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Can I ask you a Q?

Why would you place your trust in something created instead of God who created it?

I just what to know what your reasoning is. The creation can never be more powerful than the one who called it into existence.
I want to know why he trust someone who's name means 'The Liar." I sure wouldn't. oh and what that guy said about my post with the commandments, you really have a valid point on the stealing thing.

anyway where is the OP he has some questions to answer!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
hi new here love the site very interesting things here want somone to watch this let me know what you think its 2 hours but very interesting and is on this subject please comment thanks www.zeitgeistmovie.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Though it is an interesting thread, I feel it has been derailed. Maybe it should be closed untill the OP contacts a mod to continue his thread.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dixi2344

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Can I ask you a Q?

I want to know why he trust someone who's name means 'The Liar." I sure wouldn't. oh and what that guy said about my post with the commandments, you really have a valid point on the stealing thing.

anyway where is the OP he has some questions to answer!
Thank you!

Which one was that? I'm a wild poster sometimes.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
NOTurTypical

LeVeyan Satanists don't believe in God OR the Devil, so the question is pretty much redundant.

Dunwichwitch

I wish I knew what you were talking about.

Dixi2344,

Same as my Answer for NOTur Typical J

Here is some info for those who wish to know what LeVeyan Satanists believe:

The Nine Satanic Statements

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!
2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates!
5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!
6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!
7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development," has become the most vicious animal of all!
8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
3. When in another's lair, show them respect or else do not go there.
4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
6. Do not take that which does not belong to you, unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.
7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
9. Do not harm little children.
10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them.

[edit on 7-8-2008 by Entreri]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I always wondered if I died and I went to hell if I would be treated like a prisoner, like marched into the pits of hell in single file line. or if i would have time to mingle like in beetlejuice.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Entreri

I have a question about the pentagram symbol. How exactly is the 5 pointed star symbol viewed within the Satanist and/or Luciferian religions ? What does it mean to you ?

I am an Astrologer and happen to have a pentagram (upright) on my chart. Despite studying Astrology for years I've never come across a single book that explains the likely significance of this shape in the birth chart. Aleistair Crowley had one in his chart , but besides him I've only seen it in two other charts. Myself and these three other person all share an interest in truthseeking. I happen to also be a Tarot reader and will soon be studying Reiki. Would any satanist here have any opinion as to the meaning of this shape in the birth chart ?

On a different tack, back around 1994 when I was 21, my truthseeking journey saw me briefly dip into bible study. I was actually studying with the Jehovah witnesses for nearly a year, but without joining them. I studied the bible in great depth and can tell you that the JW's follow everything written in it BY THE LETTER. However, as my studies progressed, I really began to question the nature of the god "jehovah". I began to read the bible from page one onwards . What I realized made me sick to the stomach because basically Jehovah was/is no different whatsoever to people like Saddam Hussein, Pol Pot etc. A despot, a war mongering tyrant. A dark and vengeful god who despite some common sense laws set down in the 10 commandments had no redeeming features. The old testament is filled with stories of commands this person gave to destroy, plunder and pillage city after city, people after people when his laws were not being obeyed or when people chose to worship someone or something else. In his name nothing but bloodshed and fear was remembered.

It sure was an eye opener. Just as I would spit in the face of any tyrant, I would do so in Jehovah's face. I left the witnesses a wiser woman.

Since then I have come to think that humans were a genetically engineered species who were initially designed to just "do" what they were programmed to do and not question anything or have any free will. Jehovah was the brainchild of the project while Lucifer, his right hand man, took objection to what was planned and wanted to help us to become truly free. It's a scenario we could see played out within the next couple of hundreds of years as science as we know it now rushes towards greater leaps in genetic engineering and the powers of the world will undoubtedly themselves be tempted to create a "slave" species of humans. But this alone is a huge topic and I digress......

As for Jesus, well.... for anyone who wants a broad a picture of this man as possible, starting and stopping at the new testament alone is rather shortsighted. One could try reading "the apocrypha" for a start then move onto any works by Barbara Thiering ("Jesus The Man" in particular). He was obviously a wise soul, steeped in the wisdom of essene mysticism and in possession of a huge heart. But a man - just a man- all the same...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'm not a satanist, I don't want to be,but I think it is very entertaining to read and to learn about things that I didn't Know too much.

I want to share with u something that happened in my school

1- I'm Brazilian, have 19 years old and I study Law! here in Brazil the best Schools,m before you enter in the university is the schools that have sisters(nun) ou priests as headmasters. I studied in one of those school's and one day, people have to do some cover of some song to everybody see.
So some friends did a Black Sabatah cover... and the guy who was covering Ozzy entered on stage with a cross, full of blood, and wearing Christ clothes... I remmeber that I laugh a lot, although I'm christian. The sister turn the song off, and expeled the guy's of the school!

2 _ here in Brazil we have a writer called Paulo Coelho.. I don't know if you know him, but he is very famous around the world.. (in fact, he is more famous around the world thean here). I never read a book of him, but I know that he was a Satanist. One day he was traveling, (that's a true history). He was in Awschwitz, and "something or somebody" marked a encounter with him... Something happened in that encounter that nobody nows very well, but the devil changed his life... he became a crhistian after this day!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Brazilonabike

i know the work of paulo coelho...i've read his book "The Manual of the Warrior of the Light "and im start to read "The Alchemist"

The Manual of the Warrior of Light, presents a collection of philosophical thoughts and stories that will delight seekers everywhere. A warrior of the light does not spend his days trying to play the role that others have chosen for him. A warrior of the light does not waste his time listening to provocations; he has a destiny to fulfil. A warrior of the light knows his own faults, but he also knows his own qualities. A warrior of the light always does his best and expects the best of others. A warrior knows that the farthest-flung star in the Universe reveals itself in the things around him. The Manual of the Warrior of the Light is an invitation to each of us to live our dream, to embrace the uncertainty of life, and to rise to meet our own unique destiny. In his inimitable style, Paulo Coelho helps us to discover the warrior of the light within each of us. With inspiring short passages, we are invited to embark upon the way of the warrior: the one who appreciates the miracle of being alive, the one who accepts failure and the one whose quest leads him to become the person he wants to be.

i already read his biographie...interesting

maybe you read this book one day...my advice...its a great book...
sry its a bit OT....but im glad that somebody know this author

[edit on 7-8-2008 by secret-dreams]

[edit on 7-8-2008 by secret-dreams]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by secret-dreams

Yeah.. I'm Brazilian, and so is Paulo... He had some problems with satanism too.. His best biography was launched this year... and only have in portuguese... People are saying that is an amazing book... Paulo is full of mysteries... He had a secret box that the man who worte his byogrphy opened and found a lot of things that show his satanist moments!!! I will send you a messege to tell you some musics that he wrote!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
question @Entreri...whats the differend between LaVeyan Satanist and a Theistic Satanist...could you explain it please..im just interested...

i dont know if anybody post this link...here some satanic symbols...

www.nazarite.net...

@brazilonabike...thank you for the songs...i'll try to get them...i didn't know that he wrote songs but im thrilled listen to them...for me paulo is an interesting person...do you know that he had start a kind of contest...where ppl help to write his new book...everybody can pick a chara and write about it...but its done already......

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Entreri

i am not religious in anyway i`m more science based,
just a question why not harn children why are they any different ?

also why religions i can not take them seriously because they are like chinese whispers the stories get muddled up over the years bibles get changed, texts not added(what are they hiding) and finally someone always profits,

do you have a place of worship that you use?
an who told you what you know on the subject of satin???
i find this all very interesting and would like to know more

ps most of the satanic rules make sense to me

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
secret-dreams - the difference is that Laveyan's don’t actually believe in a deity that exists (either god or devil) to judge us after death. Theistic's believe in the deity of Satan, and that it is worthy of worship in a similar way to God/Allah etc etc.

Raven Darkflight - I don’t understand your first question regarding children. No, I have no place of worship. There are few Laveyan churches, for a variety of reasons. Primarily, we are our own gods. Any worship or rituals are focused on ourselves, rather than an outside entity. I first read about Satanism in the satanic bible, which is readily available. Otherwise, a google or wiki search will bring up a heap of info.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
nice to see someone come forward who can remove the haze of confusion surrounding the practice of satanism. Impressive to see someone not afraid to deal with a controversial subject.

With satanism is there any set dogma or is it left up to the individual to determine the tenets of the faith. Without a universally set dogma how can one call themself a satanist? Also is there a difference btw a satanist and a devil worshiper. Without a collective center then doesnt it tend to be a random collection of ideals thus destroying the notion of it being organized?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Slothrop

i am just curious where you get this "we believe what happens after you die..." from.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
tigpoppa,
There is no dogma as such - only the statements I posted earlier. There are 9 satanic sins (Stupidity, Pretentiousness, Solipsism, Self Deceit, Herd Conformity, Lack of Perspective, Forgetfulness of past Orthodoxies, Counterproductive Pride, and Lack of Aesthetics) other than that, yes it is up to the individual. I loathe to use the term faith, however. That indicates a belief in a higher power.

You're right, without 'dogma', its nearlly impossible to compartmentalise a Laveyan Satanist. But that is the whole point. its not supposed to be structured around what one person believes all others should follow. Thats why we dont preach to people. Its not our responsibility to tell people what to believe. If questions are raised, they will be answered. But not in the zealous way of many mainstream religions, which have a 'do this or suffer eternal damnation' type slant.

The difference between a Satanist and Devil Worshipper are HUGE. In short, Devil Worshippers believe in (generally christian) devils/demons, and worship them as deities. (Laveyan) Satanists do NOT.

You'll find varying degrees of zealousness in Satanism of course, as in any facet of society. Some are openly hostile towards other religions. I personally have no issues with people believing in whatever they choose. But it is very difficult to have an enjoyable debate with a lot of religious people, not because they are convinced they are RIGHT, but because they feel the need to convince ME they're right.

The fear of losing their place in 'heaven' scares people into following blindly what they're told will deliver them there. Stupidity.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join