It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ask a satanist

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Saidar

That is a great example story, but I'm sorry to hear you lost your 100k

But the thing is, with Satanism, is that, apparently, it just feels so good. I mean, look at what the OP has written: You can live a self indulged life, doing what ever you want, without regard for others, and still be "righteous" in the eyes of satan or lucifer or whatever you would like to call your demon/idol. And to some people, it looks perfect. Living a life of complete pleasure, hurting those you think you deserve, and still be justified.

In the end, it is not so. Your life may of been fun, but it didn't help anyone else. The devil likes to deceive, make bad things look good. Occults and Satanists even say themselves that the devil is the master of trickery! So, right now, he could most possibly be tricking you into believing that what you are doing is right. Thats one more soul lost. Imagine all the nice fun things that will be awaiting you in the after life! Do you think satan is going to treat you nice in hell just because you glorified him on earth? Remember, isn't he the master of trickery?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Where's the conspiracy?

I appreciate the original poster's candidness, but am looking for the point of the thread as it relates to "Conspiracies in Religion"

[edit on 4-8-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country
reply to post by Saidar

That is a great example story, but I'm sorry to hear you lost your 100k

But the thing is, with Satanism, is that, apparently, it just feels so good. I mean, look at what the OP has written: You can live a self indulged life, doing what ever you want, without regard for others, and still be "righteous" in the eyes of satan or lucifer or whatever you would like to call your demon/idol. And to some people, it looks perfect. Living a life of complete pleasure, hurting those you think you deserve, and still be justified.

In the end, it is not so. Your life may of been fun, but it didn't help anyone else. The devil likes to deceive, make bad things look good. Occults and Satanists even say themselves that the devil is the master of trickery! So, right now, he could most possibly be tricking you into believing that what you are doing is right. Thats one more soul lost. Imagine all the nice fun things that will be awaiting you in the after life! Do you think satan is going to treat you nice in hell just because you glorified him on earth? Remember, isn't he the master of trickery?

Exactly. People can't resist power and pleasure.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I'm not a satanist but I feel where the OP is coming from. Any one ever read Urantia? Somethings that he beleives is almost the same with what I've been reading in Urantia.......except for the the part where the Universal Father(god) is crazy. I don't beleive that, but thats just me.

He has stated WHY he beleives what he beleives in. Adam and Eve and the true beleivers of god who have been ignored or almost cursed by god. Why would god do that?

I also beleive that the bible is a twisted truth. along w/ other writings. There is some truth to all of them in my view.

Question: Do you really have faith that when you pass on satan or lucifer will reward you with something that is good for only you or something that is only good for satan or lucifer?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensurge

He has stated WHY he beleives what he beleives in. Adam and Eve and the true beleivers of god who have been ignored or almost cursed by god. Why would god do that?

God did not do that. If it weren't for satan the world would have been a perfect place today. Satan gave man the ability to sin. It's like a perfect system that is infected with a lethal virus. God's perfect creation was tainted by evil, he had two choices:

1.) Destroy his creation right there and start all over

2.) Give humanity a chance to show that there is still good in them
and sacrifice His only Son for US to help us seek true salvation
and be saved by the "infectious disease" ,if I may present it
like that, that taints our soul from within.

Well, at least that is my point of view if I understand the Bible correctly.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Hi OP,

You're getting a lot of questions. If you get a chance, mine are:

1. Which parts of Christian moralism do you find silly?

2. Two part question. I believe you said that you were Episcopalian till the age of 18 (and still attend services). How did you get involved with, or how were you introduced to satanism? Did you ever really feel a part of your church as a child?

Thanks,

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I just signed up here because I couldn't resist responding to this. Religion fascinates me, regardless of what religion I happen to be discussing. I also tend to take a devil's advocate (no pun intended) point of view when someone presents me with a set of beliefs, so here we go:

You say that the creator is insane and that Satan rebelled. If this is indeed the case, do you think that the creator has more power than Satan? After all, there are many more Christians, Jews, and Muslims than Satanists. If this is the case, what's going to stop this creator from torturing rebels (those of us who do not follow him) in the afterlife?

Also, you state that the bible is a pack of lies, with a little bit of truth. I generally agree. However, you use the bible to back up your claim that Jehova is insane. The way I see it, the Bible is filled with lies not because it is (as many self-proclaimed Christians would have you believe) the word of God, but because it is the dogma of man, and has therefore been corrupted by man.

Do you not see a flaw in using a corrupted text as evidence to justify your religious beliefs? In my opinion, true religion comes from within; it can't be found in a church or on a pulpit. Are you a Satanist because other religions don't make sense, or because Satanism does?

Finally, what is your stance on redemption? I realize that you believe in harming your enemies, but with that philosophy you don't make many new friends. I have always found that "love thy enemy", while not universally applicable, is a powerful lesson when used with discretion.

I am sorry if any of this was upsetting or offensive, that was not my intention. I am merely questioning; something I do with all religions. If I made you think, great, that was sort of the point. These questions don't really need answers, however feel free to respond to what I have said and observe the "unstoppable force/immovable object" effect.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Slothrop

Very interesting.

One of my very first theological conversations that helped for me to understand the virtues of asking questions, and understanding myself in a productive way was with a girl who agreed with many ideologies of the church of satan.

I, myself am a Discordian. Satanists and Discordians do share many concepts, rather they are just different ways of looking at the universe. Really, I can still see eye to eye with many concepts utilized by the larger church of satan, but rather I choose to take a non-christianity approach to it.

I believe Lucifer was but another being, who inspite of his flaws, did see another way to go about things. However, his anger and rage colored everything that he did, and prevented further progress towards the enlightenment and productive use of physical beings. Eventually he chose reincarnation as a means to prove that development and excellence are far more than mere concepts, but are actually real goals that can be achieved by everyone.

Satan is just a title. Many beings take up the role of satan. Just as there have been many antichrists, there are many who fulfill that role as well.
Baphomet is one example of a satan. It was not the only one. There was only one Lucifer, and he screwed up. Letting his anger and feelings of betrayal to cloud his judgment, which only made it impossible for him to properly explain his ideas and get the job done.

Really, from my perspective this Lucifer that I refer to is no different than anyone else. Well, there is always the chance for certain behavioral differences, but nothing what a Christian would consider of the soul that once represented one of the most powerful Hosts.

People change. Evolution and reincarnation are powerful changing forces that can take even the most callous of hearts and souls, remove their memories, then beat the heck out of the person in their new lives and bodies until they get the right idea.

I feel that a vast energy 'godlike' satan being no longer exists, not from the original Lucifer. However, if you seek Satan, you will find it. After all, it is all in how we look at things.

Hmph, how funny.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by GideonHM]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GideonHM

However, if you seek Satan, you will find it. After all, it is all in how we look at things.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by GideonHM]

Dangerous stuff ITT.
Oh, and this isn't a one liner

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by amitheone

didnt go through all the posts, but dont know if the OP responded to you Amitheone, maybe he doesnt know anything about baphomet, but i know a little about it.

I dont have a picture in front of me, but ill try and use my memory..

Yea. It symbolizes Levi's (he drew it, and he was catholic at one point i believe) idea of a Ram or "ass" like God(Pan or Jesus) that ancient people use to worship, and some more recent, like the Templars. It has hermetic symbolism, "As below, so above" (which is why one hand points up and the other down). He is pointing to the sun or moon, representing day and night (polarity, ex As below, so above) The fingers are uniquely used to represent a mudra, that of the heirophant(sp). Then you have the the snakes coiling up his stomach (Kundalini), which is a prerequiste to becoming enlightened, and is "true" alchemy (metal into stone was always a symbol of becoming a higher being). The snakes are reaching his third chakra, which represents power. Then you have The Fire above his crown, which represents "Illumination", a reason why illuminati are associated with Baphomet.

Also keep in mind that many ancient people worshipped a god named Pan(Half man, half goat), who was a satyr, which is a sexual and drunk god, and pan can also be correlated to Jesus(Read some of Crowleys work), who is aka lucifer(The bright morningstar... Jesus). Some believe Baphomet is a Jesus, who is also Krishna, Pan, Horus, Quezetcoal, and any other likely "god"

As for the OP: I have been practicing Satanism for a while, and ... Make sure people understand that most of what your saying is more of your own cult and modern day Satanism, and i hope people arent taking what you are saying and thinking thats what all or a majority of satanists believe in. A "minority" of some of the truest satanists do not practice greed or hate. Those are things that christians practice almost on a daily basis.

Dont know if u mentioned it, but the earliest satanists (Centuries ago to present) practiced sexual magic, is which roughly 90% of the religion. The other 10% is rituals and ethics. Sexual magic is everything in satanism, and if you dont understand(The real reason, Look at baphomet and the snakes and figure it out) this, its because your idea of satanism is wearing a upside down pentagram on a tshirt and hanging out with "dark" or "evil" people who share similar beliefs.(Not you OP, i see your in the closest, for person reasons) If Sexual magic is not clicking with your idea of satanism, your not really practicing satanism, your practing modern day brainwashing "church of Satan" "Church of Set" garbage. People who tricked you into thinking their religion was right or better than any other, because they are more loose on "morals".

Read some Blavatasky, Crowely, Levi. Three of the greatest satanists to walk this earth, and they know a lot more about satanism than anyone here.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I feel I must ask a few questions:

If you are a Satanist, how would you describe the Satanic relationship with Aliester Crowley (The Beast 666) and his Symbolism or Majick.

Do you know that he was a very high up (above 33rd degrees) and one of the true first of the Masonic teaching's and practice? If he was the self proclaimed "Beast" and was deep into the cult and art of stanic sybolism, how can you say that Mason's religion is not based on the words of the anti-christ?

How does Satanism relate to all the symbols like the pentagram and phallic symbols in Washington DC built by Mason's with hidden symbols and writings on cap stones?

Perhaps one version of Satanism is for those with an inward selfish approach to life.

And then perhaps there is another far more older and far more real Satanic religion which actually draws upon the power of the fallen through symbols and ancient writs that is used for power and control in this current plane or realm of existence.

It is obvious to me that there is more than one type of Satanist

One is for kids who grow up feeling out of place in their own darkness and turn to something they don't understand to be influenced and sold into lies.

The other one which is "REAL" and is for the true Masters of the Earth. Ancient rites and bloodlines with real control powers and where real blood is shed in the name of something far darker than some back room group cult with knives and bogus chants. This is where politics and wealth wreak havok upon the world using God/Religion against himself and destroying mankind through one manipulative lie at a time. Through symbology they show their ancient allegiance to Enki - the true form of this evil name.

If you don't think these people sacrifice actual humans or rape the innocent at every single season ritual, you do not know anything - at all!

Look around, this darkness has been a LONG TIME coming.

Some really know nothing about what is really going on

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
this guy definitely is a satanist.

He's extremely egotistical and claims to have all the answers.

Ive seen several of this new satanists posts floating around. Same old story, he debunks and then offers us his blessed wisdom.

I dont think he's here to debunk anything, sounds more like a recruiting effort.

I feel sorry for him. He fell for satan's lies and will suffer eternal damnation. And no Im not following some organized religion but Im not stupid enough to believe any creator would be "insane" as he claims.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Fool, you trippin
what u need to do is go to your local convenience store and get yourself a few packs of "reality".

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slothrop

we believe in the virtues of greed and selfishness. harm enemies and help friends. there is nothing more ridiculous than showing mercy and love for your enemy. we believe that the "gospel of jesus christ" is a manual for how to be an obedeient slave to an insane creator.

if thats the case then im shackled, as sure as i live, i would rather be a slave to the man who died for me, than a slave to the very things that everyday, try to slowly kill me.

im done with this world,

and if i have to put on the shackles to follow him, then so be it, he put the shackles on for me first

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Thanks for your honesty and illumination.

My main problem, however, is that your "religion" doesn't sound like it is part of the answer -- merely enjoying the fun. It is nice that there is some self-honesty going on here, because many Christian groups are also merely self-serving. But for society to function, and for the world to be a better place, self-interest at the expense of others is NEVER going to help.

This sounds a lot like the belief system of "The Family" a powerful pseudo-Christian group that considers itself to be doing the lord's work by just making itself more powerful. Cutting through all the bull-crap of all the corrupt rulers of history, and patting themselves on the back for winning. Anything they do can be justified, if it makes the group more wealthy and powerful.

The world doesn't need more of this -- especially not in leaders. Religions in general, teach people not to think -- but what people believe is not as important as why. If your only reason for being together as a group is to help your team win, and to piss on the losers -- wow. What a step backwards.

As a Unitarian, I hope that people can be wiser and better towards each other, I realize that some people will never learn, and I am wise enough not to want so much that I live my life in a vain attempt to keep getting more.

Maybe instead of hoaxes to make Christians more confused than they already are, you can do a few practical jokes that make people think a bit more.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

I think a lot of us spend way too much energy on things we can't prove or disprove. We have a hard enough time, agreeing on whether 9-11 was a demolition, or destroyed by planes.

Now how can a group of Discordians and Satanists know anything much about this Luci-feller if they say half the things in the bible are wrong, because early practical jokers got them all screwed up? Any of you guys meeting with horned demons?

You have a bunch of smug ideas that Christians are silly and you are probably right. But you take the scraps from that table, and then build another pile of bull, and add on a philosophy that says you will be rewarded for being a selfish putz?

Really, why even bother joining a bunch of other people to revel in each other's selfishness and smugness? If you have all the answers -- keep them to yourself, then you can lie to everybody else and have a good laugh. Oh, yeah, in this philosophy -- the leaders of your group could be doing just that and it would be all right.

Could be the joke is on you, and it's just a pyramid scheme of taking advantage of other people. The winner is the first one at the top.

I'm not trying to dump on you guys -- but I don't see much value in a philosophy where it's just about winning, not ethics. That you have the answers and are more clever -- that's been done a few times before.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

Hm very interesting I never heard of it until now...

If organized religion is the opium of the masses, then disorganized religion smokes the marijuana of the lunatic fringe.

—Kerry Thornley, The introduction to the Principia Discordia 5th Ed.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
What's Satan's real name?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I think a LOT of the Leaders in the world have these sorts of philosophies -- whether they call them Satanic or not. History is replete with artists and theologians, who spent all their time, creating art and philosophies that justified and exhaled whomever was in power.

You see, after you rape and pillage and steal your way to the top -- you don't want the next upstart to get this bright idea, and so you make it about God, or about ideals or whatever can capture the imagination of people to make you different and worthy of leadership.

When I look at someone like Karl Rove, I see the fingerprints of someone smug, and who is a Sociopath. A person who doesn't have remorse of empathy for others. People like this, think that everyone else in the world is faking compassion -- they don't see the need for it, nor trust it. Everyone is like them -- or would be like them, if they were winners. They despise weakness and distrust virtue. You cannot convince them that they benefitted from someone else's love. They are damaged people.

God or some deity must like them, because they are rewarded here on earth. They don't understand, that other people aren't trying to claw and lie their way to the top.

People like this fail in smaller communities, where more people can get a look at who they are. But they thrive in power structures, where they can surround themselves with people like them.

The quicker we can rid ourselves, of such damaged people who crave power -- the better.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444
I feel sorry for him. He fell for satan's lies and will suffer eternal damnation. And no Im not following some organized religion but Im not stupid enough to believe any creator would be "insane" as he claims.

admriker444:

Who's to say the creator isn't insane, by some definition of the word? The universe's tendency towards entropy could be seen as the creation of a madman. If we mix and match Big Bang theory with religion, it could be stated that only someone who is crazy would say an explosion is creation. The detail to which the universe is organized could have been organized by someone with OCD, and the math involved in it's creation would only be fathomable to an autistic savant.

I'm not saying that YOU'RE wrong, but is it unfair to say that you have a pretty presumptuous and self-righteous way of saying that other people ARE? You just made the assumption that there is a creator, a devious or evil being, and a place where "bad" people suffer eternally for their sins. You may not prescribe to a major religion, but your ideas and archetypes appear to be influenced by one.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join