It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ask a satanist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by Slothrop
it teaches people to be happy and to look out for and advance their own self interest.

Thank you as that was the answer I was fishing for.

Please don't misunderstand my use of the term sociopath(ic). In this case your answer confirmed my belief about who Satanism would attract.

Anyone that does not accept your beliefs would be considered an enemy? Am I still on the right track? You feel no obligation to society other than where it benefits you and only if it benefits you? When you do something you have to hide, you feel no regret as you are right and society is wrong?

i have a masters degree in psychology, so i certainly understand the answer you're fishing for. it's worth nothing, though, that neither i nor most of my sect would score high on the sociopathy checklist because we are capable of both friendship and strong empathy. not feeling sympathy for doing harm to someone you don't like isn't the same as not being able to form empathy at all. i feel empathy for friends and even for strangers when bad things happen. things i don't feel guilt over: enemies and "society" in general, whatever that even means.

and no, people who don't accept our beliefs are not enemies. i have close friends who are christians and jews (they're unaware of my predilections naturally) and i'd do anything to help them. being told what to do by priests and other church members...we leave that to the christians. instead we help each other to actualize our own goals. we don't really want converts (you have to be invited to join) and we sure don't want to convert the world.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malevolent_Aliens
reply to post by Slothrop

What do you think about this ex-satanists story who believes he was saved by GOD after demons started attacking him and tried to get him to committ suicide?

VIDEO LINK,
www.youtube.com...

i think it's probably nonsense. going around convincing gullible people you've been a victim of the occult is a cottage industry for con men.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

i was brought up episcopalian and still practice. i had a happy childhood and a good homelife and i enjoy the episcopalian services. we have a beautiful church and the ceremonies are often very pretty. i just don't happen to believe a word of it. but it's good to keep up appearances.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I find it kinda interesting that the OP gets treated in a similar way that "YOU" claim news reporters treat "The guy" who reports on UFO'S.

It only takes a minimal amount of braincells to see the hypocrazy of organized religion.

Get with the program

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

So, how do you feel about Christianity, you know, it being pretty much the opposite of what you believe. I know you probably have alot of reasons to strongly oppose such religion, but I want to hear it. I myself am a Christian (and no, I am not going to make an attempt to convert you [at this time ]) and am curious as to what and why you do what you do. Thanks.
Peace.

i think christianity is a slave ethic designed to keep people in bondage. but i don't hate christianity at all, it's what is best for some people. it's a very useful tool for controlling them.

i also don't hate christians. sometimes i pity them a bit. but some of them seem very happy.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I used to think of myself as a satanist, but i never had any contact with one or being part of a satanistic organization. (as far as i know)

I am quite certain that Satan to and Lucifer are separate entities. The meaning of satan has changed alot, originally it described an obstacle or opposition or accusition. It also has connections with the word shaitan, which means the enemy. A newer word is devil, which seems like a combination of satan and shaitan with all the above mentioned meanings.

In that way, you could call anyone who opposes god a devil. Both the serpent in the garden of Eden and Lucifer are devils and everyone who sides with them could be called devil.

But the question i have to a real satanist is: Do you think it is possible that god is actually a title, not a specific entity. That Jehova God and God are 2 separate entities and that Jehova isn't the real name at all, more of a title.
Maybe a similar relationship like: Designer and Lead Designer.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParaFreaky

Such is often believed about Satanists. There's lots of different ways people take their religions. There's generalization to each belief, but not everyone of a religion believes exactly the same.

uhhh. nothing

[edit on 3-8-2008 by StefanO]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

reply to post by StefanO

You are in fact on a thread called "ask a satanist" and you attacked someone for asking a question of a "satanist". Your self-esteem must be at rock bottom.

what the HELL are you talking about?....Where did I attack anyone? Was it that I liked Black Sabbath and he likes punk?

GOD FORBID!

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Thank you for being so open and welcome to ATS.

Considering your education I find it remarkable you have chosen that path. Is it an honest belief that Satan the Being is a real Being or is your belief only in the practice?

I've known others who got involved with this and they spoke like you at first, but before it was over their experience turned negative to the point they became fearful of the other members and their sanity. One fears for his life and is open about his experiences as he feels it protects him to be public. Nobody takes him serious except me as I understand just how dangerous the Human animal can be.

The second person I know ran into a different sort of Satan Worship I believe. There was heavy child abuse involved and it was quite a mess before it was over. His girlfriend had been involved her whole life and drew him into it. Please tell me categorically that your particular group is not abusing children as part of the rituals? That group had roots in many states and thankfully most are in prison at the moment.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

but it's good to keep up appearances.

Good for whom? Not to protect you from negative consequences of actions most would consider illegal I'd hope. Do you recruit from those in your cover life to entice into your real faith?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by StefanO

Gt of your high "Fundamentalist" euro settler b-# horse, and smell the coffee.

That was your response to the first question I asked the OP.

You know nothing about me or my reasons for the questions. I'd call that an attack.

I like my coffee in a light roast, preferably a mixture of a bitter and a sweet bean. I think it is because of the aroma. Not being a Euro-Settler or owning a B-# horse, I have little to say on those subjects.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
My Question Is:

Do you realize that your religion was created to intentionally demonize the Christian faith? Therefor becoming not so much a religion but a fake religion in spite of Christian believers.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

i think christianity is a slave ethic designed to keep people in bondage. but i don't hate christianity at all, it's what is best for some people. it's a very useful tool for controlling them.

i also don't hate christians. sometimes i pity them a bit. but some of them seem very happy.

Fair enough. But in saying that you are a satanist, you recognize that Christianity is infact, the "truth" (or the twisted truth), however, binding and full of rules, because of course, there would be no satanism if there wasn't Christianity, God, Satan, Jesus, the works. So, in saying that, you must be in accordance with what all Christianity says, so I must ask: What do you believe about your afterlife? Christianity says if you do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as your saviour, it's not lookin to bright six feet under. Do you believe this?

[edit on 123131p://111 by For(Home)Country]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

but it's good to keep up appearances.

Good for whom? Not to protect you from negative consequences of actions most would consider illegal I'd hope. Do you recruit from those in your cover life to entice into your real faith?

it's a good way to be outwardly respectable, which helps professionally.

it's also good for my family, whom a lot of people in the community know and who have been active in the episcopal church for generations.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

Do you realize that your religion was created to intentionally demonize the Christian faith? Therefor becoming not so much a religion but a fake religion in spite of Christian believers.

the origins of my religion go back a very long time, as in fact does christianity. by this i mean both my religion and christianity have been influenced by some of the same pagan mystery cults. we do think christianity's moralism is silly. there are sects of satanism more concerned with mocking and degrading christianity, but mine isn't one of them. in general we prefer knowing the bible better than christians do, because that's a good way to persuade and manipulate people.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Fair enough. But in saying that you are a satanist, you recognize that Christianity is infact, the "truth" (or the twisted truth), however, binding and full of rules, because of course, there would be no satanism if there wasn't Christianity, God, Satan, Jesus, the works. So, in saying that, you must be in accordance with what all Christianity says, so I must ask: What do you believe about your afterlife? Christianity says if you do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as your saviour, it's not lookin to bright six feet under. Do you believe this?

this is a long thread so it's understandable if you missed a couple of things i already said, but let me just repeat a couple of things to address your points.

first, christians didn't invent the devil nor did the jews invent jehova. we believe there are elements of truth in the bible just as there are elements of truth in gnosticism and manicheanism. with or without christianity, we would be in the same boat: a world created by an insane, confused demon with too many contradictory rules (these rules predate christianity) in which people feel nothing but confused and helpless. there would still have been the same demons who offered help in overcoming this confusion, chaos and weakness.

the concept of "satan" originated with the jews, not the christians. but christians, jews and muslims all suffer from the same confusion. they all worship different notions of the same insane creator demon.

if there were no christianity we might be called something different, but our beliefs would still be the same. in fact many of our beliefs come from sects that predate christ.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   

this is a long thread so it's understandable if you missed a couple of things i already said, but let me just repeat a couple of things to address your points.

first, christians didn't invent the devil nor did the jews invent jehova. we believe there are elements of truth in the bible just as there are elements of truth in gnosticism and manicheanism. with or without christianity, we would be in the same boat: a world created by an insane, confused demon with too many contradictory rules (these rules predate christianity) in which people feel nothing but confused and helpless. there would still have been the same demons who offered help in overcoming this confusion, chaos and weakness.

the concept of "satan" originated with the jews, not the christians. but christians, jews and muslims all suffer from the same confusion. they all worship different notions of the same insane creator demon.

if there were no christianity we might be called something different, but our beliefs would still be the same. in fact many of our beliefs come from sects that predate christ.

Okay, so, this confusion you talk about it the confusion of binding religion, sending the masses looking every which way to find "truth", when the real truth is being a satanist. But if being a satanist means indulging in the pleasures of life, only for you and your family/friends to enjoy, and to strike fear into the hearts of your enemy, how is this avoiding the confusion? How are you helping the lost find a way? By enjoying life, with absolutely no care for what ever else goes on around them? Don't get me wrong, it's good to enjoy life, but life is (or should be) about compassion and love for others, not selfish living. Maybe I am getting this wrong, but from what I've read, satanism is all about self indulgence and self protectionism, with no concern for others except those who purely benefit your exsistance, such as friends and family.

I don't see how this will turn the world away from confusion. In the same way you claim to of found truth in Satanism, I can also proudly say I have found truth, love, and a future in the God I believe in. I'm not here to convert like I said, but rather, I am glad to of had this discussion. Thankyou for answering my questions. I may have more yet.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

we believe in the virtues of greed and selfishness. harm enemies and help friends. there is nothing more ridiculous than showing mercy and love for your enemy.

I have a question for you.

The above statement you made, is that not what got mankind into the mess we are in right now?

Also isn't that the way of a child?

Have you ever thought about growing up?

[edit on 4-8-2008 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I know this sounds stupid but I just want to know, do Ouija Board work?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I hope u know the Adam and Eve story is not all it's crack out to be. How do u know God kicked them out, when everything points to the story being a fraud. There were many ancient stories before the bible that had similar tales, it was more of man made story.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by amfirst]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join