It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ask a satanist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
i'm fairly new to ats, so hello. i'm also a practicing satanist.

i've been a satanist since i turned 18, although i was brought up episcopalian back east.

i've noticed all kinds of nasty rumors about satanists floating around on these boards, and i've also noticed that the freemasons here have done a nice job of defending themselves by answering questions and being as open as they can about their lodges. i'd like to do the same thing for satanists here.

so if anyone has any questions or rumors i can debunk please post them and i will be as open as i can.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Tell me the basics of your religion. I am curious because I have only heard my side, never yours. Thank you in advance.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Im not a satanist, however Im 40 and grew up with Black Sabbtah as my favorite band in the mid 70's, I was also the first guy to ever tag an upside down cross in my hometown in the subway prompting the local paper to write "The devil worshippers have come to town"

Hheheheheh

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thirdeyeflight
Tell me the basics of your religion. I am curious because I have only heard my side, never yours. Thank you in advance.

good question to start with. there are many different sects of satanists and their theologies vary widely. some, who follow that con man and plagiarist anton lavey (the satanic bible) don't even believe that satan really exists.

my sect is a little more "underground" than that. in fact in real life nobody i know outside of my sect even knows i'm a satanist. being a real satanist instead of a new age satanist isn't very acceptable.

we believe the bible is a pack of lies. as to our theology, we are closer to the gnostics than anything else i suppose, because we believe that the creator, far from being benevlolent and all loving is really deluded and insane. "satan" is the spirit who rebelled against this creator and by his acts of "evil" began to liberate humankind from its shackles.

we believe in the virtues of greed and selfishness. harm enemies and help friends. there is nothing more ridiculous than showing mercy and love for your enemy. we believe that the "gospel of jesus christ" is a manual for how to be an obedeient slave to an insane creator.

i do believe in the real existence of the occult. alchemy, ghosts, demons and angels (though i don't draw much distinction). i believe in the importance of ceremonial magic in theory and in practice. i believe in divination, blessings and curses.

we believe the bible is a pack of lies, but we do believe that there are elements of truth, especially in the old testament when it was still acknowledged that there were other spiritual forces besides the one called jehova. we believe the gnostics got some of their doctrine right and so did the manicheans.

simply put we believe there are powerful forces in the universe, and we believe that satan is the most powerful of the demons. he wants us to be free from the lunatic order of a dying, exhausted creator. we believe in using everything at our disposal to achieve our ends, to help those we love and harm those we hate.

i think this is a good starting point.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by StefanO
Im not a satanist, however Im 40 and grew up with Black Sabbtah as my favorite band in the mid 70's, I was also the first guy to ever tag an upside down cross in my hometown in the subway prompting the local paper to write "The devil worshippers have come to town"

Hheheheheh

i'm not a fan of black sabbath (more into punk) but i do love the aesthetic of a nice upside down cross. the cross holds no particular significance for me, but the effect that an inverted crucifix can have on the faithful and the spiritually slumbering is a sight to behold.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Thank you very much that was quite informative. My next question from the other side is, If I go to heaven do you go to hell? If so is hell like a different version of heaven? Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hope its ok if I ask a couple of questions ?

I was wondering , are there any ancient texts that have been handed down through out the age's that Satanist's hold claim to as early teachings of the religion ?
Does your religion see Cain of the bible as a person of importance ?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Yeah, people say all kinds of dumb stuff 'bout Satanists.

Most get anti-christian mixed with Satanism. It's a completely different religion entirely.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by thirdeyeflight
Thank you very much that was quite informative. My next question from the other side is, If I go to heaven do you go to hell? If so is hell like a different version of heaven? Thanks again.

we believe that what happens to you after you die depends upon what you do, not what you say you believe. people who are courageous, strong and brililant go to eternal rewards and everybody else...we don't know or care. probably eternal wandering in the dark.

for instance, even though we believe christ was a liar or a lunatic, we give him credit for the way he lived and died. he lived an extraordinary life and he will be eternally rewarded, but those who follow him probably will not be.

basically we think that how you do on earth is a good indication of how you will do in the afterlife. if you are a high achiever who accomplishes extraordinary things, your soul will be rewarded. everybody else, we believe, will essentially be ignored by the greater powers.

it's action, not words and not even mere belief that decides how you are going to fare both in this world and the world to come.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

was wondering , are there any ancient texts that have been handed down through out the age's that Satanist's hold claim to as early teachings of the religion ?
Does your religion see Cain of the bible as a person of importance ?

we don't believe any single ancient text is "sacred" or gets everything right. the thign about satanists and occultists is that we have excellent senses of humour and are great liars, so we have always been great hoaxsters. there are all kinds of manuscripts floating around, mostly created by bored occultists between the 15th and 19th centuries, that purport to be sacred texts of black magic and the occult. these are sometimes interesting (sometimes not) but we don't regard them as authoritative. we don't have anything like the christian bible.

we do believe, like i said, that occultists throughout the ages have also written some true things about demons and the dark arts. there are elements of truth in various texts, but no single collected work of dogma and doctrine.

as far as cain goes...not really. the characters in the old testament that interest us most are david and solomon. both great men in spite of their dedication to a lunatic god who ultimately deserted them.

we also see job as an example of the ultimate schmuck.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Slothrop

I find a lot of what you say and believe interesting. I am not religious but like to learn what other religions teach.

Do you not feel (since you are still part of religion) that there is a certain bondage or expectations? I find that all religions have their ball and chains!

You can read below my views on the Bible and religion.

Thanks for your post.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
interesting. So you acknowledge the satan is not the creator, but that there is a creator out there. You just think the creator is insane. Correct? Is the creator immortal? Is satan immortal? What does your religion teach on how they became so powerful? Is it possible to kill them? Is it possible to destroy them. If I do, can I take there power? Is there any links that you have that would more closely intergrate with what you believe.

I personally am not a christian. Why worship the messenger, worship God. My problem is what is god? how do I worship him. I don't think satan is god. again he is just a messenger. Is god the creator? if not was the creator created by god? How do I find him/it? There are so many unanswered questions. Hell, maybe I could be god, Maybe you are, and your giving me a message. Or maybe, I've had to much to drink or am too tired.

just thoughts. Currently I worship nothing, as nothing is the only constant. If I could find truth as to what god is, depending on what it is, I still say I wouldn't follow. I am not a follower, I am a leader and until proven otherwise, I am my own God, If I'm not though, I sure would like to talk to him, and ask forgiveness, and learn from him.

Camain

[edit on 3-8-2008 by camain]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slothrop
......and harm those we hate.

Please explain the above fully. It seems to be the antithesis of "love thy enemy"? Do you take physical actions against those who don't agree with your beliefs? Have you ever harmed those you hate?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

......and harm those we hate.

Please explain the above fully. It seems to be the antithesis of "love thy enemy"? Do you take physical actions against those who don't agree with your beliefs? Have you ever harmed those you hate?

bwahahahah Harm those we hate....You only have to look within the country to realize that the US governments have done that for years.........Blacks, women, gays.....The list goes on.

Gt of your high "Fundamentalist" euro settler b-# horse, and smell the coffee.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by camain

interesting. So you acknowledge the satan is not the creator, but that there is a creator out there. You just think the creator is insane. Correct? Is the creator immortal? Is satan immortal? What does your religion teach on how they became so powerful? Is it possible to kill them? Is it possible to destroy them. If I do, can I take there power? Is there any links that you have that would more closely intergrate with what you believe.

it isn't a problem that i talk about these things in general terms, but we don't exactly have a website. we try to stay low key. some of our beliefs would make us very unpopular if our friends and neighbors found out.

most of us believe that, quite frankly, there is no way of knowing how Everything really started. it's too long ago, too far away and humans are just too limited. we do believe that the creator was jehova, who was a powerful demon who had gone "insane" (to the extent you can apply clinical terms to an immortal being). he thought he was doing the world a favour when he created it but he really created a trap. some demons, whom christians label "evil" want to destroy that trap and help strong souls to escape.

as for who made jehova, satan or the other demons...i don't know. i'm intrigued but i can't even imagine how to answer the question.

i'm also not sure if these beings could somehow destroy or kill each other. we believe there was a war in heaven, but as far as we can tell though demons were banished, imprisoned, perhaps even wounded none were actually destroyed. but this is another question without a real answer.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

this is something i can't get into too much.

we believe in getting our way.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
'm non-religious, but spiritual, and i think that killing in the name of God is a no no. no one has the right to kill someone else in the name of God, Supreme Being, Architect, Higher Power etc..

Does your Religion or sect do sacrificing or hurt others in the name of your higher power (Satan or whoever it be)

btw, i think Satanist's and Luciferians are judged wrong

Lucifer means light bringer, i don't see how someone who is a light bringer could be bad. I feel bad for other Religions and philosophies of life that get broken down and bashed on because a mainstream religion has brainwashed enough people to make them believe anything they say instead of looking for knowledge by them self.

Also thank you for coming on and allowing us to ask you questions and such

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bushidomason

Yeah exactly. The religious, especially Satanists, are often rumored and judged harshly.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Could you perhaps point out a few instances of Jehovah's insanity ? I ask this question as a point of interest , not as a sarcastic remark in an attempt to put you one the spot .

Do you see Lucifer as one in the same as Satan ? Do you believe that there is a living blood line that can be traced back to either Satan or Lucifer ?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

i'm fairly new to ats, so hello. i'm also a practicing satanist.

Can you post some of your symbols and imagery like the Baphomet?

Can you explain the image of the Baphomet?

Thanks.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join