It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE BEST OF THE BEST: Search for the Best Special Operations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I know that ATS has seen many of these types of topics before. When I get a chance to look at them they are usually to old, or they go way off topic. Please only submit your top 5. Because just shouting out Spec Ops names just to show how smart you are gets us nowhere.

1.) British Special Air Service
They have pioneered the way for modern special forces and they deserve number 1. They have been to many many hostage rescues and just do it with awe. Speed Agression Surprise (SAS) Not really

2.) US 1st Special Forces Operations Detachment- Delta
Basically clones of the SAS, but they are used for more than hostage rescue which is why the SAS really isnt the best hands down.
These guys have practice every day. They practice until they can't get it wrong.

3.)French Foreign Legion
Probably the bravest guys out there. If the Delta and SAS practice every day. The Legion Practices more though. Some say the Modern Day Spartans. Fight to the death.

4.) Nepalese Gurkhas
Basically the most adapted humans for warfare. They can live anywhere and can fight anywhere. Perfect Experts for resourcefullness.
There Kukri Knife is deadly. They say when its drawn its never returned to its sheath without tasting blood.

5.) Israel's Mossad
Probably a combination of the CIA and FBI. They have the best track record out there. They have what some deamed the biggest counter-terrorism event ever when they hunted down Black September.

my number 6 would be Spetsnaz but the above choices are much better.

new topics

join