It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I just want to know why I see all of these political threads on ATS? Should they not be moved to AbovePolitics.com? Every time I post a thread in the wrong area, it gets moved faster than light...but these random political threads linger around and have nothing to do with any "breaking news" at least not any that I consider "breaking". Anyhow, it seems that thses political discussions cause a lot of tension amongst ATS'ers, so, why not just move them where they belong and out of the direct eyesight of the ATS community?

STAR, FLAG, COMMENT...whatever you want if you agree with this....I have a feeling that the only peeps that won't agree are the anti-Obama group.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
AbovePolitics was discontinued due to low participation.

If you dont like political debates you do in fact have possibility of choosing not to click on them, read them, participate in them.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

If you dont like political debates you do in fact have possibility of choosing not to click on them, read them, participate in them.

Well, EXCUSE ME...why don't the peeps that run this show remove any mention/link associated w abovepolitics.com then?

[edit on 3-8-2008 by no name needed]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Good idea. They seem to be pretty busy, but it will happen.

Sorry for the inconvinience.

[edit on 3-8-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

With all the political discussions going on now, it seems that participation would be high...ESPECIALLY...if their threads got moved to AP.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
For sure. But the rest of the 4 years not.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

For sure. But the rest of the 4 years not.

Put it up for now...take it down later...looks like the infrastructure is already in place

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Suggestions by members are traditionally posted here:

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the Future?

Good luck with your proposal.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
A solution if you are not interested in reading or seeing the political threads is to customize your myATS link.

Gools gives a very good tutorial on how to do this. It will remove all the forums that you don't want to read from your recent posts page.

Here's the link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you don't want to see it except for when you decide to see it, thats the best way to go.

Hope that helps.

[edit on 3-8-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Excellent Idea GAOTU. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
As with any topic on ATS, the political threads have their own forum.

It will most likely remain that way.

If you are having 'issues', pun intended...
, with seeing the political topics on the Recent Posts page there is something you can do about it.

Subscribe only to the forums that you are interested in seeing. This means setting up your 'MyATS' with only the forums that you want.

Once you have done this, click on the 'MemCenter' tag at the top og the page.

On the left hand side of the page, you see a list of options. Select 'ATS Customizations'.

In the drop down menu, select 'MyATS' and then click on the 'Customize Today's Posts" button.

What this will do is show you only the forums in your MyATS on the Recent Posts Page.

Via that route, you can eliminate ever having to see another political topic ever again...

Edit to Add: GAUTO789 beat me to it...

Teach me to do my job while I am at work...

Working on Sunday's is for the birds...

[edit on 3-8-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Or make political threads a violation of ATS T&C...

BTW, they do not bother me one bit...but they cause tension between members and, as such, should receive major reconsideration for disallowance. Hell, so many other topics are off limits it seems...why not just add 1 more to the list

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by no name needed

That seems a bit irrational though don't you think?

Politics is one of the major driving forces of our lives. Even if you don't like the process and don't participate( not you in particular, just people in general), it still affects your life.

Politics and politicians have been the source of so many conspiracies and scandals that it is part of the core of ATS. Making it against the T and C would be counter productive to what we do here.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Yes, but with threads like "Obama's birth certificate is fake"....come on now, that is NOT an Conspiracy...it's BS...it just seems retarded to junk up and dumb down the boards with pure rubbish.

new topics

top topics

join