It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Law That Condones Killing A Wife?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
okay this is a tough one, and im sure no one cares anyway but i thought people would like to know about this.
i live in egypt and during a conversation with a friend, i stumbled upon some weird facts concerning laws in this country. egypt as you know is arab and middle eastern but its moderate unlike gulf countries.
the law that concerned me states this: if a husband catches his wife with another man and kills her, then he is exonerated and the law wont even touch him. in other words he wont be punished or ever end up in jail.

this obscure law that apparently everyone here knew about except for me puzzled me because the government here pretty moderate and is against honor killings (which doesnt happen anyway nowadays). so tell me what you guys think about this? i thought killing is only condoned if its self-defense and nothing else. i wonder if there are other laws that do condone killing someone.

[edit on 3-8-2008 by DuneKnight]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
i think that law should be here too.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I think in self defence as a last resort is the only really acceptable occassion. But maybe that law is there to instill the fear to not be adulterous? Not that I agree with it, just guessing.

Best Wishes.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
You forgot to add that the 'other man' would not be killed either, just the wife. It actualy is part of Shuria law and as such is the law of the land in Muslim countries. Women are property, period!!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Shuria law isnt applied in this country, and in a way a situation like that almost never happens no women in a muslim country is stupid enough to get caught like that. so it think the law was never implemented but it exists for a reason, some old murder case probably was the cause of its creation.

and im not sure about the 'other man' being killed. but the law says its condoned because its "justified rage". so if someone is willing to kill his wife then no problem killing the other dude. so u see it aint honor killing to protect his image but its condoned because of rage.

[edit on 3-8-2008 by DuneKnight]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
mmmm what do you tell your next girlfriend?

My ex girlfriend cheated on me and I broke up or...

Like Gun's N Roses would sing, I used to love her but I had to kill her?

In my opinion it's just another way of life and it may be wrong because we aren't used to that in the west, but I see the point of logic because cheaters won't stop cheating in western society because it is LEGAL.

Kiling might not be the solution since it still happens in countries were you can get killed for it.

But I think cheating is very immoral and wrong, it can destroy foundations of structural faith.

Cheating may be immoral but our society still has it legal and that is immoral too.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

cheating is bad but i despise someone who takes away life, no one should have the right to do that. someones bad decision should not yield to the death of that person. I will never wish death to my worst enemies, i think we should all think that way. but i think u guys are right; its used to scare women, yes women that law doesnt apply to women who kill their husbands for the same reason. anyway if u guys are interested to know that in middle eastern countries like this one women never even conceive of having an affair, it is believed here that its a gateway to hell.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
In actual fact, people are sovereigns and though adultery or cheating on your lover may be morally wrong, its not a crime. And it shouldn't be either. People have the right to chose to love whom they wish. The correct solution to adultery is divorce. I believe in divorce. No, Im not willing to go back to 2000 years and more barbarism. Women are not property. Period! And they have minds of their own as well.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Just so you know...I don't believe women are property. I should have said that women in some Muslim societies are considered property. The way I posted that statement sure does make me look a bit neandrethal...No.alot neandrethal!!!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

if women were property you would find them at walmart lol. I expected people to be freaked out by this but i guess u guys expect these things to happen anyway from arab countries.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

No..Not just there. Crazy things like that happen here, all the time. It just seems that the reasons given in other countries are sometimes religious and cultural in nature.

Zindo

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
No insult taken.
. I actually thought thats what you meant, and didn't think you were condoning it. There were a few posts that seemed to imply it should be the same here. A very primitive way of thinking.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I think that if you still consider Egypt moderate after finding out about this law, you're totally deluded. No country that considers adultery a capital offense can describe itself as 'moderate'.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Don't want to be killed for adultery in Egypt? Fine, don't sleep with someone else other than your spouse. See how easy that is? If you want to sleep with someone else, divorce your spouse. Again, see how easy that is?

You see, women don't want "equality" as a man understands it. They want the same rights as men, with none of the responsibilities. They want the "right" to sleep around with whomever they wish, while married, with no repercussions whatsoever. Argue about this however long you wish, but when was the last time you heard a wife being blamed when she cheated on her husband? Husband cheats in the west: callous cad that should be divorced, and everything taken from him. Wife cheats in the west: husband wasn't providing the right kind of (emotional/financial/sexual, take your pick) "support", thus he deserved it.

What are the rates of adultery in Egypt compared to the U.S.? Anyone know?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
You see, women don't want "equality" as a man understands it. They want the same rights as men, with none of the responsibilities. They want the "right" to sleep around with whomever they wish, while married, with no repercussions whatsoever.

Well first of all, nobody should be cheating on anybody. But something tells me what you said above didn't come out the way you intended. At least I hope so.

I do agree with you in that one should get a divorce before cheating. But being murdered for cheating does not mean equality- especially when only the philandering woman is killed but not the philandering male. That has nothing to do with being equal with men but with 'property' being destroyed by the 'owner.' If equality was your point, then the man should divorce her or make a law where the unfaithful husband can be killed (and of course I do not condone that).

Adultery is horrid but so is murder.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
I do agree with you in that one should get a divorce before cheating. But being murdered for cheating does not mean equality- especially when only the philandering woman is killed but not the philandering male. That has nothing to do with being equal with men but with 'property' being destroyed by the 'owner.' If equality was your point, then the man should divorce her or make a law where the unfaithful husband can be killed (and of course I do not condone that).
Adultery is horrid but so is murder.

i should point out that the philandering male is one that marries another women behind his wife's back, because by law a man can marry up to four regardless whether previous wives know about it or not. so usually men get a sort of short-term marriage, at times through an illegal contract that doesnt protect the woman's rights in contrast with a normal legal one. so in that sense an affair happens and if the marriage was illegal the law perceives it as her fault for binding with it. it usually ends badly for the other woman (gets pregnant and gets tossed). anyway a philandering male over here isnt the same as a philandering wife. and physically women dont cheat never happens very rare (most women get married as virgins so sex aint a biggy, and are childlike when it comes to understanding men) so only men cheat and that law doesnt apply to them.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by DuneKnight]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Don't want to be killed for adultery in Egypt? Fine, don't sleep with someone else other than your spouse. See how easy that is? If you want to sleep with someone else, divorce your spouse. Again, see how easy that is?

You see, women don't want "equality" as a man understands it. They want the same rights as men, with none of the responsibilities. They want the "right" to sleep around with whomever they wish, while married, with no repercussions whatsoever. Argue about this however long you wish, but when was the last time you heard a wife being blamed when she cheated on her husband? Husband cheats in the west: callous cad that should be divorced, and everything taken from him. Wife cheats in the west: husband wasn't providing the right kind of (emotional/financial/sexual, take your pick) "support", thus he deserved it.

Really, I wouldn't live in a country where that concept was even on the book. I don't support capital punishment in any scenario, however, to actually think you have the right to deal any form of corporate punishment to SOVEREIGN beings who can CHOSE THESE THINGS THEMSELVES in matters that are not related to murder is beyond insane, and barabaric, primitive, ugly and a lower evolutionary view. Theres no one that is under the thumb of elite scum and adultery is not a criminal matter. In fact there are times when it is the best decision someone can make if they are trying to leave someone, and are being blocked. Truly its absolutely non of your business what another person thinks or feels or whether they wish to be with someone else.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

It seems your misogynist and insulting rant is misplaced, as it is men who want rights without responsibility. If a woman cheats she can be killed; if a man cheats there is no punishment at all. So who is not taking responsibility?

It's easy for you to say 'just don't cheat and you won't be killed' because you don't live in Egypt. And if you're a man then it's that much easier for you since you don't have to worry about your life being in jeopardy. Also, as a man you don't have to worry about being raped, which also qualifies as adultery.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Er... Ok. Was your comment supposed to make me feel better or something?

Sounds like crap to me. And that is the discussion I was having with another member: The inequality of it all.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
It is not a law in North America but I am willing to bet more woman are killed here because of it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join