It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Phone Call - Any Ideas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Yesterday at 12:26 PM EST I received a call on my cell phone from a Private Number. As my cell phone is a number regularly used for work I answered with a professional salutation, or simply, "This is (my name)."

Immediately after connection I heard quite a bit of background commotion and then what sounded like a reply from either a speaker phone, Nextel phone, SAT phone, etc.

The reply was as follows: "(my name), the Squirrel is in the nest. All teams go!" Then the call ended abruptly.

Certainly this was most likely kids dialing random numbers and playing a prank, but the individual on the other line did seem like an adult.

I thought this was a bit odd. So when they hung up abruptly I tried to find a way to recover the call, the number, etc. with little success. But I have yet to contact my provider for assistance in this regard until I had the opportunity to gather some feedback.

Has anyone had a similar experience recently? Or can anyone explain the possible origins of the call outside the realm of a random childish prank?

Perhaps there's a way to uncover the number or origination of the call in some way?

Please feel free to ask me some questions and I'll do my best to answer. There's not much else to explain, but I'd be glad to elaborate or clarify as much as possible.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jduga04
The reply was as follows: "(my name), the Squirrel is in the nest. All teams go!" Then the call ended abruptly.

So they knew your name? Is it possible that this could have been friends of yours just messing with you?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Squirrels live in a drey rather than a nest... maybe this is significant.

I suppose they could have got a wrong number, looked up "your" name but in fact got the wrong person. The same thing happened to a chap I knew who had the same name as a known terror suspect. He didn't have a good time at immigration...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curious_Agnostic

Originally posted by jduga04

So they knew your name? Is it possible that this could have been friends of yours just messing with you?

Nope, he actually gave his name before anything else

I answered with a professional salutation, or simply, "This is (my name)."

So basically, after his answer, there was a few seconds of noise on the other line, then the caller says that thing about the squirrel, at least for me this is clearly a joke, but who knows, maybe someone really dialed the wrong number..

[edit on 3-8-2008 by Kaifan]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaifan
Nope, he actually gave his name before anything else

I'm not sure how I missed that.
I must be tired this morning.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jduga04

Or..., the Cheney-Faction of the Shadow Global Elite has finished triangulating your cell-phones' location, after discovering their accidental 'leak' of the command to start their latest rogue 'intelligence' operation, and you may now be in grave danger.

No dark blue, window-less vans parked near your location, are there?

Just figured I'd postulate the worst-case scenario here, I hope I'm joking.

You ever see the movie "Miracle Mile" with the actor Anthony Edwards?, this sort of reminds me of that.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
No, I haven't seen any vans...Nor would I be the type to really be looking.

I'm sure it was all a random prank, but I did find it a bit odd.

Thanks for the feedback.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Take my advice for what it is. I suggest you pack all your stuff, Cancel your cellphone and get away form your current hosuehold. You ARE a dead man walking. Please heed my warning and do not take this a joke. I wish you luck, God bless you.

top topics

join