It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda confirm bombings in video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Just hearing reports on the radio that a video tape reported to be from Al Qaeda has been found in spain.

BBC are covering it:
news.bbc.co.uk...

Although it's not been verified as yet.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Here is an excerpt from the tape.

A transcript of the videotaped statement translated from Arabic into Spanish and released by Spain's Interior Ministry said: "We declare our responsibility for what happened in Madrid, exactly two and a half years after the attacks of New York and Washington."

"It is a response to your cooperation with the criminals Bush and his allies," it said.

"This is a response to the crimes that you have caused in the world and concretely in Iraq and in Afghanistan and there will be more if God wills it."

"You want life and we want death, which gives an example of what the prophet Mohammed said. If you don't stop your injustices more blood will flow and these attacks are very little compared with what may happen with what you call terrorism.

"This is a warning from the military spokesman of al Qaeda in Europe, Abu Dujan al Afgani," it said.

Interesting to note the focus on the timing and reason. Exactly falls into line with what was previously discussed here on ATS as potential reasons.

They have not yet confirmed the tape but it was left in a trash bin and the location was called into a TV station.

Here is another link on the story.
My Way News Article

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
It is late but Foxnews has reported that a new "Taliban" video was sent to the associated press today. Shows the taliban firing mortars on the Afghan border.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I find it hard to beleive any of the stuff told to us about Al Qaeda. All sources are questionable, very much so . .

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I just saw a report on this, officials are doubtful of its authenticity. Like I said, in order for me to fully believe it was Al-Qaeda, Bin Laden or Al-Zawahiri needs to be the ones on the tape taking credit for it.

think about, lower level Al-Qaeda would be happy to say they did it, even if they didn't, they get to instill more fear into us....but we need the real heads of Al-Qaeda to say it...so far everything is circumstantial and a little suspect again...just my opinion though.

top topics

join