It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Friday (19th) will 1st anniversary of start of Iraq War!

page: 1

join
share:
TPL

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Time flys doesnt it, the worlds still in a reasonable condition yet slowly rotting, and the War on Terror ground to a halt.

No WMD's found.
Blair and Bush still ruling.
OBL still not caught.
Middle-East still not stable.
Terror attacks increasing.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Where are Iraq's WMD you ask?

The answer is not "Iraq's WMD program ceased to exist after the Gulf War",no the answer is "Iraq's WMD has been moved to Syria."

Now it would be easy to write off this thread as another attack on a "radical islamic state", but the facts speak for themselves.

Why did we catch Uday and Qusay? Because they were expelled from Syria back into Iraq

If Syria is willing to transport human cargo out of Iraq what would stop them from taking on the WMD of the former regime.

This is not a crackpot theory but a well documented event.

Nizar Nayuf (Nayyouf-Nayyuf), a Syrian journalist who recently defected from Syria to Western Europe and is known for bravely challenging the Syrian regime, said in a letter Monday, January 5, to Dutch newspaper �De Telegraaf,� that he knows the three sites where Iraq's Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) are kept. The storage places are:

1- Tunnels dug under the town of al-Baida near the city of Hama in northern Syria. These tunnels are an integral part of an underground factory, built by the North Koreans, for producing Syrian Scud missiles. Iraqi chemical weapons and long-range missiles are stored in these tunnels.

-2- The village of Tal Snan, north of the town of Salamija, where there is a big Syrian air force camp. Vital parts of Iraq's WMD are stored there.

-3-. The city of Sjinsjar on the Syrian border with the Lebanon, south of Homs city.

Nayouf writes that the transfer of Iraqi WMD to Syria was organized by the commanders of Saddam Hussein's Special Republican Guard, including General Shalish, with the help of Assif Shoakat , Bashar Assad's cousin. Shoakat is the CEO of Bhaha, an import/export company owned by the Assad family.

In February 2003, a month before America's invasion in Iraq, very few are aware about the efforts to bring the Weapons of Mass Destruction from Iraq to Syria, and the personal involvement of Bashar Assad and his family in the operation.
Nayouf, who has won prizes for journalistic integrity, says he wrote his letter because he has terminal cancer.

Now I am not advocating nation building in Syria

I have made this thread to defend the reasons we have deposed a despot capable of not only killing millions of his own people but who has endangered and destroyed the lives of Iranians, Israelis, Kuwaitis and Saudis. There is no question that Iraq is better without Saddam and that Asnar al Islam has been disrupted without a terror friendly base. The WMD existed before and after our invasion and not an overblown threat.

Whether you find yourself a Republican, Democrat, or Independent you must realize that the war in Iraq has clear purpose and justifaction and it is wrong to condemn it as "Haliburtons Escapade".

Oh and heres the source of my truth.

Syria-Iraq WMD The Connection

[Edited on 13-3-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
There will be nation wide anti-war protests again on the 20th, I would encourage all to try to find one in their area...that is, if you disagree with the war.

TPL

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I have no opinion of the war, my life since 911 has not changed the slightess.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Wow thats crazy. I cant believe it has been one year. Time goes by really fast. So far, I feel it has been a waste of lives and money.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Just wondering, if Syria has the WMD don't you think Bush would be screaming it from the White House daily? It is one of the main issues he is facing for re-election. I am not saying it is true or not more is needed but I can't believe if it is true the US government would keep it secret.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie
Just wondering, if Syria has the WMD don't you think Bush would be screaming it from the White House daily? It is one of the main issues he is facing for re-election. I am not saying it is true or not more is needed but I can't believe if it is true the US government would keep it secret.

Bush wouldnt want to start another war , after the last time he had "credible intelligence" that "wmd existed" he was shot to pieces by anti war hippies, but dont worry, when the time is right the WMD will be unveiled.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Does Ahmed Chalabi admitting he lied and made up intelligence reports to cause the Iraq invasion mean nothing to nobody? What about Katherine Gun the whistle blower in the UK being vindicated for her release of those NSA emails concerning coercion of the UNSC?

Agent47. Despite the no WMD, no Al-Qaeda ties, the falsified intelligence reports, and the revelation of potential UNSC coercion, you still think that Syria might actually be harboring these up until this very moment non existent WMD?

[Edited on 14-3-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone

Agent 47, despite the no WMD, no Al-Qaeda ties, the falsified intelligence reports, and the revelation of potential UNSC coercion, you still think that Syria might actually be harboring these up until this very moment non existent WMD?

Did the evidence I have presented above which was taken directly from my thread entitled "Iraq unloading WMD into Syria"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do any of these documents, statements, or maps not point to the reality that Syria has lifted Iraqs WMD program into its own country?

Even the esteemed critic David Kay has agreeed that Syria may have some of Iraqs WMD.

WMD in Syria: Kay

Ex-inspector says Iraq sent 'lot of material'

By AP

LONDON -- David Kay, who recently resigned as leader of a U.S. weapons search team in Iraq, said part of captive president Saddam Hussein's weapons program was hidden in Syria, a report in Britain's Sunday Telegraph newspaper said today. Kay was reported to have said he had uncovered evidence unspecified materials were moved to Syria shortly before last year's U.S. invasion of Iraq.

"We are not talking about a large stockpile of weapons but we know from some of the interrogations of former Iraqi officials that a lot of material went to Syria before the war, including some components of Saddam's WMD (weapons of mass destruction) program," Kay was reported saying in the interview conducted yesterday.

"Precisely what went to Syria and what has happened to it is a major issue that needs to be resolved," he added.

Kay's Comments

[Edited on 13-3-2004 by Agent47]

[Edited on 14-3-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
Did the evidence I have presented above which was taken directly from my thread entitled "Iraq unloading WMD into Syria"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do any of these documents, statements, or maps not point to the reality that Syria has lifted Iraqs WMD program into its own country?
I must say Agent47, since the realities of the Iraq war have made themselves apparent, any evidence of WMD actually existing in Iraq or Syria seems very much a pack of lies.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
I must say Agent47, since the realities of the Iraq war have made themselves apparent, any evidence of WMD actually existing in Iraq or Syria seems very much a pack of lies.

Well as you can see by my edit, even critics of the war have conceded the point that Abass regime has long protected its ties with the former regime and that it is more than likely the harborer of the former weapons program. And IMO a correction: They werent lies they were failures in intelligence which is an unavoidable error in war.

new topics

top topics

join