It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What side of your brain do you use most? (test)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Stumbled across this, thought I'd share it withe everyone else.

Click here for Brain Test

I made her spin in both directions almost instantly when I wanted to. Then again I am partially dyslexic and assume that plays a big part in it.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I'm not dyslexic, but I was able to spin her in either direction too! I, though, have to look to the right slightly, after that it is really easy! Fun test...thanks for sharing!

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by paisley101

i managed to turn her both ways too she was turning anti clockwise most of the time but did actually turn clockwise a few times, so does that mean i use the left side of my brain more than my right?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Um this is just a animated illusion nothing to do with what part your brain uses.

Step by step pause this video and u will notice.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Its just a video of a moving 3-d female silhouette, to say that you can alter the movement using your brain is ludicrous.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by marcopolo
Its just a video of a moving 3-d female silhouette, to say that you can alter the movement using your brain is ludicrous.

YES!!!

YES!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by surrender_dorothy

I agree, it's just a video. Anyways, I saw the women spinning clockwise for the whole time.

And I can relate to almost all of the traits on the left and right side of the brain.
I still don't know what part of the brain I use the most, I don't think this is the best to demonstrate which part of the brain you use most often. Just my opinion though.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Lol, you guys...

Of course you don't change the direction she spins with your brain, you change your perception of which way she appears to be spinning. There's no depth to this image so it can be perceived to be moving either clockwise or counterclockwise.

There were a couple of threads about this before. The original had a link to an animated picture, rather than some youtube vid with loud music.

Btw I saw her spinning clockwise this time.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
NeuroLogica

The Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or anti-clockwise?

If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa.

Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

[edit on 3-8-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
always spins clockwise for me..doesnt change in the slightest...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I can change direction at my own will from clockwise to anti clockwise.

Nice trick of the eye

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Curious, I read this thread about 10 minutes ago, the girl was spinning clockwise, now I scroll down to check the new posts and I see her turning anti-clockwise.

I doubt it's a definitive test, a nice party trick at best

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It has to be some kind of trick. But for me, it was spinning anti-clockwise, and about 1/3 through, keeping visualizing a nice clockwise spin, it did 2/3rds clockwise. But can't imagine it means to much.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Its not fake, I can change it at will

This the coolest thing I have seen in a while

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
you guys are starting to make me feel stupid, being able to perceive it both ways an all....i can only see clockwise, lol

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Not sure it this is a legit test or not, but it is cool. I too can make her change direction at will... interesting! I have heard that left handed people use the right side of their brain and right handers use the left. I write left handed, shoot left handed, bat left handed...but I paint with my right hand... strange huh...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Do wear glasses for anything?

Because I feel that it is a perception thing. I was always taught that right handed people use their left brain and vice versa for left handed people. All thought I am left eye dominate.

Edit to add - I just tried again and can get her to spin both ways too. Interesting mind trick I doubt it means anything though.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by marcopolo

Guess you didn't noticed. It can look like its spinning either way. The video doesn't change obviously lol, its the perception that changes.

Its funny because it seems when I think of God or math it will reverse the image one way or the other. Anyone else notice this?

top topics

join