It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing New Mars Photos...Just Read...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Ah, I understand what you mean now, the foot has removed the dust from this section, I suppose that may be it, just seems to be darker than the surrounding rocks (even the blue tinge, although it is barely visible in this pic.

EMM

Edit: Found another mark from the abrasion tool, looks different if you ask me, but it also looks like it has been 'stamped' into rock.

[edit on 3-8-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
And what if the real images are all the ones that ends with _L2L5L5L7L7 and the other are false colour? Perhaps they have made the images here on Earth and are saying there are from Mars.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by julugu

If that is what you think then why don't you ignore this thread?

It would be easier for all.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Those are some really cool looking pictures. I find it interesting that the geological features of Mars greatly resemble those on the planet Earth. One cannot help to wonder what may have been happening on Mars millions, or billions of years ago.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
i believe this one is quite interesting...
www.areo.info...

from this series

spot the anomaly

source

sunrise?
www.areo.info...

[edit on 3-8-2008 by TheOneEyedProphet]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Great pictures. Starred and flagged.

It is just a great shame that we have not yet sent astronauts to Mars (officially anyway). That way we could have first hand accounts of what it is like to look at the Martian landscape, through a humans' eyes.

Although, we would probably have some sort of conspiracy surrounding that too.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
conspiracy or not this is a great time for the human race. I for one cannot sleep waiting for the next news from phoenix, These are exiting times to be living in. Soon the whole way we look at LIFE will change!!

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Whats with the joy stick? Who is gonna use it up there?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

Looks like a building in the lower right side?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by vorlan4

maybe, and the center rock with a strange double head of some sort, those are really odd, and the horizon picture with the strange flash... what could that be?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The blue pebbles or as NASA calls them "blueberries (nerd Squires)" are complete spheres of Hematite. It was caused by water in contact with a certain blend of minerals and metals and then cooling really fast thus making these little blue beebees.

The circle mark on the rock is from the rover drill tool "The Ratt" and it made a burn mark into the rock because the cutter in it is dulling and it heats up more than it cuts now.

Those are some great pics though everyone is showing. I gave up on the Rover images after they started airbrushing. They started that right after Spirit left Bonneville crater.

Before that there were some great anomalous images.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Actually even with L2 L5 and L7 "True Human Eye Color" CAN be made with the given B & W grey scale images by "frequency correction" of the hues and other things to Human Eye values:

Someone does it very well

keithlaney.net...

keithlaney.net...

Eyesenses:

The three white curves below indicate the sensitivity level for the three types of cones. The black curve indicates the sensitivity of the rods.

commonsensecentral.net...

With work and talent "Human Eye True Color" is acheivable with enough data...of course if all one has is L2 and L7...then no it can't be done correctly.

Bob...

commonsensecentral.net...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Nice photos, they almost look like they were taken from the set of "Mission to Mars", but with a more authentic hue of course. Mars is the most interesting planet in this solar system next to ours, thanks for posting this!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Haha, it is funny you say that, because at one point I also thought they looked like a movie set, only in my case it was from the original Planet of the Apes series...I know, dumb...haha, but I had to mention that!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers
Lol, I found this website before and created a thread on it too, more directed at the possibility that NASA has been editing the images to make them look less hospitable, or at least to entertain the possibility.

SPIRIT: SOL 1431:8 2P253399549EFFAX05P2564L5M1_L4L5L5L5L6

If that's a true color image, why does the nasa logo not have even so much as a trace of red on it? Where is the red chevron? In your image it blends in with the blue starfield so badly you can't even make it out.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

You have a very good point, there.

And for anyone who doesn't remember the true colors of the NASA logo, here it is:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ceara

I have seen the picture before but never saw this:

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

I guess there is a whole new batch to look at. The one you refrence in your post is neat for a couple reasons. I always like for people to view a picture raw instead of being told what they should see.

link to image "find the annomaly"

[edit on 8/4/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Ok I am getting impatient. What the duece is this? Freakin' weird for starters. Eroded rock amongst rough rock (ah-ah?). and a weird sliver jutting out below the rock. What's that smell?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Ok a few ideas about the round rock:
lichen
fungi
plant
animal
rock

If it is a rock it appears to be made out of two kinds of rock. It appers eroded and rounded as if tumbled around in flowing water. I think would erosion would perhaps not leave it so "roundy". The surrounding rocks appear to me to be volcanic like ahah lava rock. Perhaps this rock rolled down hill and came to rest on the lava rock?

I started a thread on just this picture.
something behind a rock on Mars

[edit on 8/4/08 by stikkinikki]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join