It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting photos from Phoenix and rovers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by spookjr
I never thought I would see images like this in my lifetime.

There are currently over HALF A MILLION top notch photos of MARS from Two Rovers, many Older and current Orbiters...

Where have you been for the last five years?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Even ArMaP missed the Rover
You said "ignore the rover", so I did.

Ignoring the rover, everything is the same as in the "normal" panorama.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
EDITED FOR STUPDITY.

SPACE RESEARVED FOR SOMETHING MORE INTELLIGENT

only a few will know

Cheers

AoN

[edit on 4-8-2008 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Anomic of Nihilism

Didn't you read this post from zorgon?

That rover is a 3D model superimposed on a previously published panorama.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
*&$%^^^%0__0) !!!!!

Rollox!! must of missed that.

Cheers.

At least i was right, in that whole world of wrong about the CGI

With that, i'll skulk of to bed, its late here in the uk.....might explain my..blah balh blah

night

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by zorgon
Even ArMaP missed the Rover
You said "ignore the rover", so I did.

Ignoring the rover, everything is the same as in the "normal" panorama.

lol ya me too !! I was thinking the rover can't take it's own picture but zorgon said ignore it, hence I'm thinking it's a nice looking fake.

It's kind of like the old "hide it in the open, nobody would think anything about it". But after looking at lots of photos nasa has released, some groups of photos will make you ask if every photo the rover takes is at a 45 degree angle. Most likely they spun it and cropped the corners. I bet those corners on the floor of the cutting room could tell lots of stories.

The 142 million km picture of the earth and moon is nice, makes you ask if that's 142 million kms from earth, why can't they get better quality pictures on mars ? lol

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

First of all I'd like to thank everyone for the great images

It never ceases to amaze me how much I learn from other ATS members in such a short period of time.

There a are a few things I thought I would point out in the animated gifs of mars. Not sure if anyone had noticed these, so I will start from the beginning. The animated gifs can be found in the link provided by Zorgon earlier here:

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Animated GIF-Spirit SOL 587
In this first one, you will see an object seem to fly by in one of the images. When the time displayed gets to around 113S, an odd object is caught at the top/top right but motion of travel is unclear..

Animated GIF-Spirit SOL 640
In this one, watch closely as the time displayed reaches 204S. At the bottom, a small reflective white object with a shadow underneath passes by. In the subsequent capture at 314S, it is caughtAGAIN a bit further down and to the right (almost as if it were traveling extremely slowly). How could any debris that large be moving that slowly?? This thing has a distinct reflectivity to it, and a shadow underneath. It would have to have been a rock almost, but that isn't exactly possible is it?

AND then, at about 344S or so, a large, dark object is caught right in the middle of the screen with an extremely bizarre shape to it...

What the heck am I seeing here??

-ChriS

[edit on 5-8-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The RAT works without problems and cutting rocks that they say were harder than expected.

Gorevan pointed out that the rock was found to be very strong. "It gave us a lot resistance and that's why we needed at least 3 hours to be able to go this deep."

The RAT did not use a great deal of strength to grind the rock, Gorevan told SPACE.com , using a modest 45 newtons, or 10 pounds of force.
Source

But after thinking a little about it, I think they haven't used the RAT that many times, I will try to find more information about it (while I have the time to do it
).

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join