It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting photos from Phoenix and rovers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Interesting photos from Phoenix and rovers

www.boston.com

What more do we know about Mars' atmosphere? It's hundreds of times thinner than Earth's atmosphere and is made of 95% carbon dioxide, 3% nitrogen, 1.6% argon, and contains traces of oxygen, water, and methane. We also know, from observations that it can support dust storms, dust devils, clouds and gusty winds. With an amazing number of six current live probes exploring Mars (two rovers, a lander, and three orbiters), there are many thousands of images available. Only a few, however show atmospheric phenomena. Presented here are some of the best images of Martian atmosphere (and beyond) in action.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.boston.com

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Hey everyone. I am new to posting to the site, but I have been here for a while reading all the great information and posts here on ATS. I have been reading and studying information about mars for a long time now. I am not writing this to claim something I may have found in a picture or try to make you think one way or another. I just was reading articles and I came across one of interest to me that shows some views of mars that I have not seen before. Forgive me if this has been posted once before but I just wanted to share what I have found.

Brief summary of what to expect clicking on the link is many different photos showing the dirt devils and dust storms on mars and one that is really interesting showing where one of the rovers took a pic of an area it recently rolled across and appears to be water flowing next to its tracks. I do not know if any of those photos were doctored at all and I hope some experts here can share some advice.

Thanks in advance and I appreciate any idea and comments on the photos.

www.boston.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Nice pics. Thanks for sharing. Star for you, and welcome aboard!

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Perfect timing ... MORE Martian weather storms and clouds... We were just talking about that in the other thread...

!!!Mars Blue Sky & Water!!!

And

Water on Mars-NASA confirms it

because there is no wind.

No wind?

Well then what keeps blowing the dust off the Rovers to keep them running all these years?

What causes the planet wide dust storms?

How about all these trails made by dust devils?

Here is one climbing a crater wall seen from orbit...

Here is a whole bunch of them caught in action by Spirit...

Clouds moving by... Spirit Rover

Here is a WHOLE PAGE OF STORMS

Thanks for adding these...
I suppose it means more work archiving them but these are much better quality than we usual see direct from NASA

Welcome to our corner of the Galaxy

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Hey check out the 9th picture down. Bottom left quarter of the screen

s311.photobucket.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I totally agree, no wind my A$$!!! What does keep clearing off the solar panels of the rovers? Apparently NASA forgot to mention that they installed wipers on them.

Thanks for the links you provided. NASA can only hide the truth for so long. Too much evidence for a good atmosphere, wind, earth like conditions. I wonder what their excuse is for the rovers capturing the dust devils blowing right past them? I guess only time will tell....

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by foremanator

s311.photobucket.com...

Glad to see someone else has seen that photo before. Foremanator, have you heard anything or seen anything about the explanation of the apparent liquid that is next to the rovers tracks?

One thing that is boggling my mind is Nasa says Mars is this freezing planet yet the soil doesnt seem to be frozen. It just seems to fluff away and make tracks and imprints. I am orginally from wisconsin and during our coldest winters it would get to about -30 F. At that temperature I would definately need a drill to get into the frozen soil. How come this is not the case where it is apparently -100 F+???

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by foremanator

You mean the metal bits lying around?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Krypton

Hang tight for a minute I am uploading some pages Be right back

[edit on 3-8-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Hmm, I truly believe that this image of Mar's supposed moon is CGI!

Seriously. I even see texture stretching in the giant hole on top!

The rest of the images look real though.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krypton
What does keep clearing off the solar panels of the rovers?

THAT would be the Secret Astronaut Corp... I have closeup pictures of repairs and tool mark... but not for this thread

Thanks for the links you provided.

You look new here... you will get used to me eventually

As to that white stuff that is salt tons of salt as you would expect to see in a dry lake bed like anywhere out here in the Nevada desert... And NASA doesn't hide as much as most people believe... you just have to know where to look...

You know that 'new' ice under the Phoenix Lander that they uncovered in the dirt? Well it seems like the Rover slipped on some already as this photo shows..

It even drilled a sample hole into it...

Here is the same image in black and white from the Rover site

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

Sol 1048 Gallery

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Thank you for those closer up photos. That definately shows some detail that I wanted to see.

I definately could have used all the info on this thread 10 years ago when I was a teachers aide for Space Science in my old high school. We steered away from the lesson plan time to time to discuss what we thought was out there

But definately glad to have members like ya'll that keep an open mind to help uncover the truth

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Here is some more of the salt deposit... This is a close up of the Boston image area

Spirit loves to spin around in it and stir it up..

This is from Sol 1062 but I have found the same salt diggings on many days images

Sol 721

Nasa Sol 721 Gallery

Also 723, 725, 728 and 784, 788 790

Just go to the Spirit gallery and look up the panoramic camera on those dates TONS of Salt... all dry lake beds like Nevada

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Krypton

Absolutly awesome photos! Thanks for posting these, I was stunned at the clarity of some of these, and the dust devil that runs up to the camera, wow!!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Even higher in the Martian sky, the Earth and Moon hang in space, as seen from Mars. The HiRISE camera onboard the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter acquired this image at 5:20 a.m. MST on October 3rd, 2007, at a range of 142 million kilometers, while orbiting Mars.

Ok tell me how you can see Earth and the moon at the size this last picture appears to be showing from mars?

Would we not be able to see Mars at this scale as from earth?

Seems fishy...

[edit on 3-8-2008 by Reevster]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Great thread OP, that's a really nice link I'm going to send about my addressbook. I'm always ranting to people I meet about the posibilities of life all about our universe, and usually they cannot understand because they have such a limited visual understanding of the rest of the universe. These images put into such sharp perswpective how hospitable and just plain awesome other places in the galaxy are.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
WoW!! Great find OP, a star for you! The Dust devil animations and the Picture of Phobos are what really caught my eye. Its an exciting time right now, screw pictures of martians , although that would be pretty sweet, but if I dont get to see that picture of a real martian in my lifetime I think these pictures would suffice.

[edit on 8/3/2008 by SHADO13]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
is that a stream off ice or somthing!!
cache.boston.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I think I have found all of your "metal bits" (and you probably will find much more, including some fossils
).

Sol 820

(Full size)

Sol 820

(Full size)

Sol 825

(Full size)

As images are limited to 600 pixels width, you have to click on the "Full image" link bellow the images to see the full size, 1024x1024, images.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Reevster

We can see Mars bigger than that from Earth, and Mars is more or less half the size of the Earth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join