It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting in NZ

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I live in a small adventure town in New Zealand called Queenstown. We were driving back from a party in the early hours of Sunday morning (3rd, August 2008) and spotted some strange lights in a paddock. We stopped the car to have a look, but were asked to leave by some men in what appeared to be white jumpsuits with hoods. We've heard stories from others in the township close-by who have had similar experiences in the area. Some have said that they spotted strange lights earlier in the evening.

The sighting was on the southern side of Glenorchy in Paradise Road (some 5 kilometres from the end of the Road at Mill Flat) and to the northern shores of Diamond Lake and 17 kilometres to the north by part sealed and metal roads from Glenorchy township.

Did anyone else see this, or has anyone found any further information regarding this?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
wow exciting in our own backyard!
any photos?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I don't have any, but someone must. Definitely going to get to the bottom of this though...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Apparently the location is now in Google maps. I haven't found it yet though.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
A week previous, in Whitianga (the Coromandel), two saucer shapes UFO's were spotted and filmed for 5 minutes. They were hovering just off the shoreline.

There were numerous witnesses.

A work collegue of mine forwarded me his photos/mpeg.
The mpeg is a tad bit useless, however a the digital image showed a bit more detail.

I know the area you're talking about quite well, especially the area from Paradise onwards.

There was another Queenstown sighting last month.

www.ufoinfo.com...

It could be related.

In a couple of hours I'll post the photo of the shot in the Coromandel. The guys are naturally freaked out, so are some of the local residents. Being winter, and near dusk, there weren't a lot of people around.

Well done for getting on ATS and posting your sighting. I suggest you check out some of the more recent ATS mix shows. It's well worth a listen.

[edit on 3-8-2008 by Mr Gunter]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Franky99

Your going to find out a lot of interesting things about the area you live in ,in the not to distant future . Whats the name of that town about half way between you and Timaru ? Cant remember the name of the place ,but in the shop window of the cafe ,gift shop on the main road they have a bunch of grey manikins in the window playing Jazz !
Could be a clue there !

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
For a bit more information, take a look at this CNN iReport. It even has a photo of the supposed craft.

Nice catch Frankie.

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
There was a fake prop ufo in a paddock about half a year ago on the news.. smoke machines and all. It was for some art exhibition - but it was much different to this one in all means, and in a much different location.

Can't find anything on the net really.

edit#4894895 found it

wises.co.nz/l/paradi/#c/2v0rt/61tkt/3/

Anyone able to get out there in q town?

[edit on 3/8/08 by GhostR1der]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
That's certainly an interesting picture in your link, Borg - whatever it is!

I'd be dumbfounded if I saw something like that out in an open paddock!

Click on the link, people and take a look...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Hi, Franky! Thanks for sharing.

Can you describe the lights? Was it strange because there were lights on in the paddock at that hour, or was there something else unusual about the lights? Were they stationary or moving? What colour(s) were they?

Did the men stop whatever they were doing to come over and ask you to leave, or were they "standing guard"? Did you see any other vehicles during the incident?

Sorry to hound you, but incidents in this country don't seem to pop up very often here.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Was actually waiting for something like this to pop up.. Wasn't sure it would.

some weeks ago my Father who works for the ministry of the defence told me of some weird things happening around N.Z. He just said it in passing, Didn't really say anything specific.

could always ask him for more info or go "browesing" around his briefcase.. haha. found some weird things there in the past.. What can I say, am curious.

[edit on 3/8/2008 by lepracornman]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
the lights looked to be a yellow/white colour and were pulsating.

I've had a dig around and others are reporting seeing the same thing.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

They were pulsating? Wicked.

Were they silent or noisy at all?

Fuggle

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Strangers in Paradise indeed - is it MAF's latest shenanigans or a UFO??

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Gunter

Mr Gunter,
any luck with uploading those pics from the Coromandel yet?

The storms we have had over the last three weeks have meant it's been a little tough to skywatching here! (in the Coro!)

H

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Looking foward to the photos, Reconpilot can you tell us any more about the South Island? Many strange things have been seen.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
For a bit more information, take a look at this CNN iReport. It even has a photo of the supposed craft.

I'm a little suspicious. Why oh why is the pic of the supposed craft in black and white, and at a low res? This is ridiculous. We are in the age of 10 megapixel full colour cameras.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by RiotComing

But how many people actually pack around a 10 MP camera with them everywhere they go? Most of us just have our cell phones, which have cameras in them. Not very good ones, no, but cameras nonetheless.

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Point taken.. but black and white? And what seems like 320x240 resolution? I agree that the eyewitness reports are encouraging, but that pic... surely it's been edited in a way to disguise things somehow. That's my take.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Franky99
I live in a small adventure town in New Zealand called Queenstown. We were driving back from a party in the early hours of Sunday morning (3rd, August 2008) and spotted some strange lights in a paddock. We stopped the car to have a look, but were asked to leave by some men in what appeared to be white jumpsuits with hoods. We've heard stories from others in the township close-by who have had similar experiences in the area. Some have said that they spotted strange lights earlier in the evening.

The sighting was on the southern side of Glenorchy in Paradise Road (some 5 kilometres from the end of the Road at Mill Flat) and to the northern shores of Diamond Lake and 17 kilometres to the north by part sealed and metal roads from Glenorchy township.

Did anyone else see this, or has anyone found any further information regarding this?

by hoods do you mean like "winter combat" hoods? .. or HAZMAT hoods?

and did they have a Kiwi accent or if not what type?

-

[edit on 4-8-2008 by prevenge]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join