It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain is a racist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

John McCain is a racist

www.capitolhillblue.com

John McCain, a member of the House of Representatives in the mid-1980s, often held court at a table near the bar at Bullfeathers, a popular Capitol Hill watering hole, telling jokes and matching hangers-on drink by drink.

As a Capitol Hill chief of staff, I often drank at Bullfeathers and was invited to join the throng at McCain's table one evening. A few minutes listening to the racism, bigotry and homophobia of the Arizona Congressman told me all I needed to know.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Of course, McCain didn't use polite language in the jokes: He used names like "fags" or "queers" or "dykes" or "'n-word's" or "spics" or "wetbacks" or "gooks."

And an example of McCain jokes offered by the author of the article (A First Hand Witness):

Question: Why does Mexican beer have two "X's" on the label?

Answer: Because wetbacks always need a co-signer.

Two dykes are talking at a bar and one leaves. As she walks toward the door, the other watches her leave and says out loud: "God, I've love to eat her out."

Two men are standing near by and one turns to the other and says: "I'd like to do the same. Guess that makes me a dyke."

This really comes as no surprise. We have all seen the reports of McCain using the word "gook" and because so many like to coddle fools like McCain it was explained away that this was simply due to his being tortured, although that is a flawed and incredibly weak argument, it does not take much in th USA for crap like that to take wing and fly in the main stream media.

We have also seen McCain's of humor remarks at least twice concerning Iran: "Bomb, bomb, bomb Iran" and "kill 'em with cigarettes" both of which demonstrate his lacking ability to see humans as humans and his amazing ability to generalize in a hateful manner.

I am glad to see this article topping out on DIGG because it is important that we realize what kind of man we are possibly going to elect to be the supreme representative and decision maker for our nation.

McCain is quite obviously a bigot and a man with lacking morality and dignity. He should be run out of town like the dangerous fool he is, not given a change to lead this nation.

www.capitolhillblue.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Hmmm.

This happened in the 80's, and this guy is just now releasing this information.

Hmmm.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

There has been plenty of talk of McCain being a racist in the past as well mate, you must have missed it because you were not paying attention to the man before his running for POTUS.

Yes this is being REHASHED because now that the man wants to be the POTUS those who are actually thinking realize a hateful bigot with a bad temper would be very dangerous.

Now I know, based on your avatar and comment, that you are not liking the idea of a Obama POTUS and are rooting for Grand-Pappy McSame but the truth is the truth and I agree wit the author of the article, this information is very important to get out to the public so that they realize just exactly what McCain is.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Picture of McCain with his adopted daughter.

www.azcentral.com...

i269.photobucket.com...

[edit on 033131p://bSaturday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Gotta appreciate how the Dems think experience takes a backseat to adolescence. But then, over the past few years, they have deevolved to now supporting a rap star messiah.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
isnt there a quote from the 2000 election where mccain was talking to a reporter about asians and he said that he hates them, always has hated them and always will or something?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

Yes McCain said something along those lines he also at the same time was talking about how he was legitimate in using the term "gook" because he was tortured.

McCain has shown time and time again he has some serious moral flaws and hate / anger issues that fall along racial lines. A flaw in a potential POTUS that should NOT be ignored.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Obama is down in the polls. The second coming is in jeopardy.

Let's get with a George Soros website to see if we can did up some dirt on McCain.

McCain told some off-color jokes 20 years ago! Whoop de-freaking do! How is telling a joke racist? It may not be in good taste, but it is far from racism.

As far as the term gooks is concerned. He earned the right to call his captors anything he wants to. In fact "gooks" is kind of mild, after all he went through.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I don't know if you could actually call him racist for this or "playing the race card", but you can call him a liar!

In an interview (video below) McCain claims he supported Martin Luther King Day.

FACT CHECK: McCain Opposed Federal MLK Holiday, Arizona MLK Holiday And Key Legislation Aimed At Equal Opportunity For African Americans

McCain Claim: McCain Defended Opposition Of Federal MLK Holiday By Saying He Supported Arizona’s State Holiday. During a press availability in Panama City, Florida, John McCain said, “I have supported hundreds of pieces of legislation, which would help Americans obtain an equal opportunity in America. I am proud of that record, from fighting for the recognition of Dr. Martin Luther King’s birthday in my state to sponsoring specific legislation that would prevent discrimination in any shape or form in America today.”

But that apparently was a lie!

* FACT: McCain Supported Republican AZ Governor’s Decision To Rescind MLK Holiday. ABC News reported, “In Arizona, a bill to recognize a holiday honoring MLK failed in the legislature, so then-Gov. Bruce Babbitt, a Democrat, declared one through executive order. In January 1987, the first act of Arizona’s new governor, Republican Evan Mecham, was to rescind the executive order by his predecessor to create an MLK holiday. Arizona’s stance became a national controversy. McCain backed the decision at the time.” [ABC News, 4/3/08]

The Complicated History of John McCain and MLK Day

* FACT: McCain Supported Gov. Evan Mecham’s Decision In 1987 To Rescind Martin Luther King Jr. Day. As reported by the Philadelphia Inquirer, “In a vote likely to haunt him for the rest of his public career, McCain voted against 1983 legislation establishing the third Monday in January as the federal holiday marking King’s birthday. Back home in Arizona, he supported Gov. Evan Mecham’s decision in 1987 to rescind an executive order creating a state holiday for King, but later reversed his position.” [Philadelphia Inquirer, 6/16/08]

* FACT: McCain Voted Against Creating Martin Luther King Holiday. In 1983, McCain voted against a motion to suspend the rules and pass a bill to designate the third Monday of every January as a federal holiday in honor of the late civil rights leader, the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. The motion passed 89-77. [HR 3706, Vote 289, 8/2/83; CQ 1983]

*McCain Admitted His Opposition To The Federal MLK Holiday Was “A Mistake” And His Position Has “Evolved.” During a 2000 interview, McCain compared his evolution on this issue to former Arizona Sen. Barry Goldwater. “I believe that Barry Goldwater, to start with, regretted his vote on the 1964 Civil Rights Act,” McCain said. “I think that Barry grew, like all of us grow and evolve. In 1983, when I was brand-new in the Congress, I voted against the recognition of Dr. Martin Luther King. That was a mistake, OK? And later I had the chance to … help fight for … the recognition of Dr. Martin Luther King as a holiday in my state.” [ www.salon.com 4/18/00; Accessed 4/2/08]

* FACT: In 1994, McCain Sided With Senator Jesse Helms and Voted To Eliminate Funding For Martin Luther King Commission. McCain voted in favor of a Helms amendment “to prohibit federal financing for the Martin Luther King Jr. Federal Holiday Commission.” The amendment failed 28-70-2. [S Amdt 1738, Vote #127, 5/24/94; CQ Vote Description]

Vote 127

Okay, he voted against the holiday.

What's his voting record on Civil Rights and discrimination?

* FACT: McCain Voted Against The Civil Rights Act Of 1990 FOUR Times. In 1990, McCain voted against a bill designed to address employer discrimination at least 4 times. According to the Washington Post, the “Civil Rights Act of 1990 is designed to overturn several recent Supreme Court rulings that made it much more difficult for individual employees to prove discrimination. The legislation, being fought by business, also would impose new penalties on employers convicted of job discrimination.” [S 2104, Vote #304, 10/24/90; Vote #276, Vote #275, 10/16/90; Vote #161, 7/18/90;

Vote 304
Vote 276
Vote 161

If you check the links above, McCain voted NAY in every one of them, but all 4 of the Bills passed anyway without his help!

I don't know if any of this would make him racist, but it surely doesn't paint the picture of himself that he's trying to paint with his lies!

[edit on 8/3/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
funny i didn't see mcain

spend 20+ years in a church filled with white hate...and gd america.

so if anyone is racist...look over your shoulder folk's at you obama beer mug's.

20+ year's and he never left the church......i wouldn't either if i agreed with what the rev was saying lol

otherwise i would have left the first time i heard my rev or pastor speak liek this rev wright did.
but nooooooooooooo lets wait 20+ year's int he church...then let the media find out..then i will denounce my church..to save face.
only reason he left the church to save face with white voter's.
plain and simple

so think on it....

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
For someone born when he was, I'd be surprised if he wasn't a little racist, at least in the past. And for the record, I don't think that Martin Luther King Day should be a national holiday either...

And I can't believe this forum filters out "'n-word'." Ridiculous. And a bit racist.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
For someone born when he was, I'd be surprised if he wasn't a little racist, at least in the past.

That is EXACTLY what I was going to say. Does anyone else here come into contact with older white men and women often? I work summers at a golf course and the old guys who hang around the bar just love to tell racist, sexist, and generally xenophobic jokes.

It's just a relic of the past, when McCain was growing up there was no such thing as political correctness.

Originally posted by Johnmike
And for the record, I don't think that Martin Luther King Day should be a national holiday either...

Martin Luther King, Jr. was a great American and he stood for everything America stands for. He deserves a holiday more than a genocidal Spanish gold baron, don't you think?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
Martin Luther King, Jr. was a great American and he stood for everything America stands for. He deserves a holiday more than a genocidal Spanish gold baron, don't you think?

Absolutely. I don't think he was "great" enough to deserve his own day, and there are many figures in American history that have contributed more than he did. But more than Columbus? Absolutely.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by Johnmike]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

Nice post.

It was not ATS filters it was the way the original story was written. I noticed that little faux pas as well. Odd isn't it?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
reply to post by Fathom

Nice post.

It was not ATS filters it was the way the original story was written. I noticed that little faux pas as well. Odd isn't it?

negative, ATS filters it too, watch..i will type out the entire word and we will see what shows up..

'n-word'

pretty shady that every other racial slur is "ok" but the one offensive to blacks is edited. i can just see a bunch of white guys cowerin behind a desk because they let the "n" word be typed on their site and the big black man is coming to get them.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by Fathom]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom

Originally posted by Animal
reply to post by Fathom

Nice post.

negative, ATS filters it too, watch..i will type out the entire word and we will see what shows up..

'n-word'

pretty shady that every other racial slur is "ok" but the one offensive to blacks is edited. i can just see a bunch of white guys cowerin behind a desk because they let the "n" word be typed on their site and the big black man is coming to get them.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by Fathom]

Too funny!

And a bit hypocritical as well.

I am sure a representative of ATS will take note of this obvious oversight

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Specifically this section:

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

Let's try to keep a certain level of decorum, and get this thread back on track.

If you have any concerns please use the ATS Complain/Suggestion feature located in the Member Center.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I guess voting against a MLK Holiday is just as racist as voting against Lord Messiah Obama?

I wouldn't be surprised if Lord Obama, if elected, makes a move to eliminate MLK Day and replace it with Obama Day. He is "The One" you know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join