It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I received Money from the Future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This is kind of odd. I got my statement for my checking account and for some reason I'm $400 richer but the money was deposited from a date that hasn't occurred yet.....

Anyone know what this could be?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Possibly a banking error? Call the bank and find out.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It's a future birthday present from John Titor...

Just take it in stride

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Is that not also known as credit? The bank will put it in your account, then if you spend it, they will remove it & charge you interest & penalties for not correcting the mistake. The banks are iin trouble and are going to do more of this stuff to save their butts.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It's not on a credit card. It's on a debit card.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It was jesus.Amen.....he got an overdraft before departing to heaven,thought he would give you some pennies.Amen

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
It's a future birthday present from John Titor...

Just take it in stride

HAHAHAHAHAHA. sorry mods that was f@#%in hilarious.

sty

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
it is a banking error. I would keep myself silent haha. Even if you are in the future , how could you send money in the past anyway . We can only send them in the future by making a standing order haha. 400 is not a lot , i guess it could be already corrected by the bank as we talk

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Maybe this was a shift in some timeline.....

But, it probably was just a banking error.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Most likely a banking error, just spend it on something you need not something you want because most likely the bank will find out sooner or later and take the money back.

Same thing happened to me a couple years ago, I went to cash in my cheque, and there was an extra $200 in my account. I was happy, spent it and forgot about it. A few months later the bank took $200 from my account.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by ben420]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
having heard of these before that money is earmarked for deposit if not legitimate the bank may reclaim it at any time. as a previous poster said best to contact the bank itself and see what can be found out about it in any event.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
the bank will figure it out, collect the money, penalize you for having spent it and noone will explain or appologize. dont spend it. call the bank monday. if you found it on the street, id say do whatever your hear tells you. trust me, the bank is going to notice at some point and the only person that will be punished will be you.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'd like to suggest an interesting opinion....

I think you could withdraw it, and spend it....
Then if the bank says anything, you could say that you prayed for it and your prayer was canceled.

The bank really can't go against religion can it?

I don't really suggest this, you'll probably end up paying for it anyways.... But, can the bank argue with prayer and miracles?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Teleport

Sometimes a transaction will appear on the account, but the posting date is set a few business days later. What you see is pending, and if it is cash most banks release it immediately. If you don't know where it came from, don't spend it until after calling the bank about it. If you use it and they take it back putting you in a negative balance, the bank will still charge you fees.
(I worked at a bank for a while).

top topics

join