It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawaii man accused of helping China design missile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Hawaii man accused of helping China design missile

news.yahoo.com

HAIKU, Hawaii - Cheryl Gowadia couldn't figure out why FBI agents in riot gear, guns drawn, were storming her home on Maui's tranquil North Shore. At first, she thought they might be after the man building a pond in her backyard. Instead, she was stunned to learn they wanted to question her husband, a former B-2 stealth bomber engineer.

"This came out of nowhere," Gowadia said.

A week later, on Oct. 13, 2005, agents arrested Noshir Gowadia, a native of India who received a Ph.D. at 15, on suspicion he sold military secrets to China.

Maui is an unlikely place for a spy saga., a mostly rural island of 140,000 known more for big-wave surfing and five-star resorts.

But prosecutors say Noshir Gowadia used Maui as a base to design a stealth cruise missile for China. He was indicted on 21 counts of conspiracy, money-laundering and falsifying tax returns.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
We are starting to hear more and more of this sort of thing and it has to be stopped! I really hope the government is jumping the gun on this but they must have something on the guy or they wouldn't be after him.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Sometimes the wife may not know. Feel sorry for her. Its just like the Robert Hansen spy. Wife believes the husband is innocent until they reality hits them.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I guess you could feel sorry for her but I am much more worried about the damage this has caused to the U.S. military.

BTW...I like your avatar. Crysis is my favorite game of all time.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

Thanks! Yeah we should be concerned about what secrets were revealed, but it may be too late, except learn from the lessons, understand what was spilled and possibly prevent something like this happening again. Difficult job to do.

P.S. New Crysis coming out.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well regardless if the man is Innocent or not, this is becoming a trend in everyday Americans neighborhoods, full gear police or FBI, soon even black water mercs with gun pointing at Innocent civilians in their homes mistaken for supposedly suspect and drug dealers on false alerts.

I guess this the way to get the population used to see the new government enforcement dealing with the citizens.

Let's see how guilty the Hawaiian man really is.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Its going to happen more as we take on the Chinese. Should we blame on the Chinese for making this possible?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
No, this going to become the trend when the homegrown terrorist bill is passed.

Then this fascist government can go after civilian citizens unrestricted.

But then again this is about a supposedly spy, so if he is guilty then he deserve what he got.

new topics

top topics

join