It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The White House is Briefed: Phoenix About to Announce "Potential For Life" on Mars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I really admire your trust in NASA to tell us something important, but I am 99% certain they never will. Unless forced to for some reason.

The rabbit hole is so deep, it will be extremely difficult for them to reveal what the truth is without also revealing the 60 year old cover up.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by Copernicus]

sty

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

let us hope there is a reason then haha.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
boo! i got worked up for nothing....seems they wont be announcing life...oh well ill be back under my rock if anyone needs me...

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sty
I really wonder where all this info is coming from !
. It seem to come from "aviation week" website - here:

"The White House has been alerted by NASA about plans to make an announcement soon on major new Phoenix lander discoveries concerning the "potential for life" on Mars, scientists tell Aviation Week & Space Technology.

Sources say the new data do not indicate the discovery of existing or past life on Mars. Rather the data relate to habitability--the "potential" for Mars to support life--at the Phoenix arctic landing site, sources say."

I hope the link works :

aviation-week website

its probably microscopic humans.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Old news guys. They are not hiding anything (so far). It was already announced in June.

Mars suitable for growing asparagus
www.theregister.co.uk...

"This is more evidence for water because salts are there. We also found a reasonable number of nutrients, or chemicals needed by life as we know it. Over time, I've come to the conclusion that the amazing thing about Mars is not that it's an alien world, but that in many aspects, like mineralogy, it's very much like Earth."

So much so, in fact, that Kounaves suggested future colonists might be able to use the Martian dirt around Phoenix (seen above at the tip of the Robotic Arm scoop) "to grow asparagus very well".

sty

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
somehow I did not expect life on the poles of mars, as water is simply frozen . maybe somewhere at the limit between frozen and liquid water . Anyway , the good news is that we can go there , right? Good soil for agriculture and water under the surface- so we just need to go and build a green-house
. I guess NASA should send a mini-green house capsule for experimentations (equator this time)

[edit on 2-8-2008 by sty]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'm as excited as every one that there is water on mars but lets hold the phone about NASA announcing anything for the moment.....

NASA where to start?? They almost religously lie to us, they doctor 100% of their photos, all of their employees are afraid to come out and tell us whats being covered up and then when some people do start getting loud NASA higher ups quickly dumb them down.....

I guess what i'm getting at is this: I trust NASA about as much as i trust the homless guy that tells me he needs money for food. We know my money is being used for meth and not a burger. Why should i believe anything NASA tells me when all they've done is lie about things ever since Apallo?? Just because they want to go public with the possability of life on mars means absolutely nothing to me. If i'm not mistaken wasnt there a big hub ub about that stupid rock they found that has nothing on it according to them???? But they had President Clinton announce it as if they had proved there was life on Mars????

Excuse my rambling but it's extremely hard to belive anything they say for 100% fact.... it's the government guys, they're always hiding something.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by W3RLIED2]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bubbles75
I think Nasa needs to explain the mystery figure on Mars and stop waffling nonsense.
I have the Nasa picture that clearly shows an alien being wearing a long skirt and it was printed on most papers. You just can't say that it is a stone or an illusion, you can see the body structure relevant to its position. We know there are aliens on Mars because Nasa showed us a picture of one....

They released a statement about this ages ago. I think there is much more circumstantial evidence then this that needs explaining.

look at the thread on the egyption statue on mars, i have reason to beleive this was photoshopped considering the horrible clown face that has been stuck in. the high resolution pictue,that i discovered. give me a sec and ill submit a cropped pic of it.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
well now I cannot wait until it is mid augustus to mid september for this story to come out what ever it is .. it is something big otherwise what is the deal for going to the white house with it and brief them first on something they found..

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus

Originally posted by bubbles75
I think Nasa needs to explain the mystery figure on Mars and stop waffling nonsense.
I have the Nasa picture that clearly shows an alien being wearing a long skirt and it was printed on most papers. You just can't say that it is a stone or an illusion, you can see the body structure relevant to its position. We know there are aliens on Mars because Nasa showed us a picture of one....

They released a statement about this ages ago. I think there is much more circumstantial evidence then this that needs explaining.

look at the thread on the egyption statue on mars, i have reason to beleive this was photoshopped considering the horrible clown face that has been stuck in. the high resolution pictue,that i discovered. give me a sec and ill submit a cropped pic of it.

Plus that picture was about as credible as santa clause...

[edit on 2-8-2008 by Lethil]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I wont divulge my source so you can hate me in the special and unique way ATS'ers do but:

Copied directly from my e-mail:

We've found nutrients; sodium, potassium, magnesium, and fluorides all nutrients that we have in our bodies ans which are essential for life however I'm not sure we have a pinpoint on any biological forms just yet, but everything is there to hypothesize positively about just such a possibility.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksolidbrain

No, it's not that - I made a thread about that a while back. Apparently something else is being mentioned in August-September time during a press conference.

My best guess is something to do with insects or something.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
OK here is the original thread

Here

Original picture

ere.

Killer clown From outer space...:

Original link

F&@*!ng weird if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisabledVet
Copied directly from my e-mail:

We've found nutrients; sodium, potassium, magnesium, and fluorides all nutrients that we have in our bodies ans which are essential for life however I'm not sure we have a pinpoint on any biological forms just yet, but everything is there to hypothesize positively about just such a possibility.

Yes. Like the article specifically states, they have not found life nor evidence of past life. It's just another propaganda stunt by NASA to obtain more funding.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

No, I believe something significant will be made public. But the question is: Will NASA use it as a distraction? While the world's media is too busy finding out who, where, what and how; NASA will be free to carry out further investigations on Mars.

Take the BBC news story on Phoenix finding water;

Scientists will now be able to begin studying the sample to see whether the planet was ever, or is, habitable.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the mission just to find water - not to study life? I'll go on...

the Phoenix lander has been studying the surface of Mars to investigate whether it has ever been capable of supporting life

That completely contradicts what NASA has been saying.

NASA's lander samples water

The Phoenix mission is being extended to mid - end of September. Exactly when this press conference is being held.

Coincidence?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What would be the point of having GW know there was life on Mars?

Hopefully GW will not be involved in any decisions about the subject that would be unfortunate.

Surly the people screening and developing this story line for us about alien life have more sense than to ask GW what to do about it or let him get involved in the propaganda process.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by newday]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
very interesting. but i have a theory that nasa...or at least the government, has been conditioning us to the idea of aliens all these years and now theyre going to slowly release 60-year old information and expect it to be a big surprise to us. its bull# to us people who actually open our eyes from time to time, but at least theyre starting to say stuff i guess

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
There will probably be no "life on mars!!!!" headlines merely a "Mars suitable for base" headline, but if you fringe lot want a headline maybe "life on mars!!!" will appear but in the form of

"bacteria transported to mars on the phoenix vessel has sprung to life on the Martian surface proving that life outside of the earth is possible, contamination from ...... blah blah blah"

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus
OK here is the original thread

Here

Original picture

ere.

Killer clown From outer space...:

Original link

F&@*!ng weird if you ask me.

all i see are rocks

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
NASA wont tell the sheep anything until the church lets it..too much money to be made from the gullible and don't forget next year is the forty years since man landed on the moon (( if you believe them ))i wonder if there going to announce that they are going to swing Hubble around for some photos...lol...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join