It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The White House is Briefed: Phoenix About to Announce "Potential For Life" on Mars

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
voanews.com...

"Neither the White House nor the president's science advisor was briefed on this," he told reporters.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by mopusvindictus

WELL DONE! i see the connection, i'm sure many others will too after they read through it. I dont believe in coincedence and i dont think you do either.

Ty... Perchlorate feeding organisms on good ol red Chilean soil... ditto for Mars...

If it's ammonia based it might seriously mean organisms are using ammonia as an antifreeze in their blood..if this is the case Mars has alot of life...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Well one thing is for sure.If we run out of perchlorate......
We can always mine it on mars.

Run out of perchlorate hahahaha

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
thats funny as heck...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Aviation Week & Space Technology wrote with reference to own anonymous sources at NASA that the agency sent another document to the White House along with the report on the Martian soil analysis. The secret document supposedly says that Phoenix found certain evidence of possible life on the planet.

The classified report does not contain any mentioning of a life form that exists or might have existed on Mars, the weekly magazine wrote. Most likely, it goes about a potential ability of the red planet to maintain the existence of living organisms. It is too early to make such a conclusion about the entire surface of Mars. For the time being, the assumption may be true only with the area, where the rover conducts exploration works.

Several sources from various administrative structures of NASA confirmed the existence of secret information which supplemented the data exposed on July 31. The anonymous sources said that the unexposed data were a lot more provocative than those, which the agency made public.

News source

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
At this point nobody's gonna take no for an answer. If it comes out that NASA hasn't found life on Mars, and this was all about something else, people are still gonna be all like; "There really is life on Mars, and NASA and the government is hiding it from us!!".

Truth be told, they would have good reason to believe that, and "they" would probably include me.

It would be nice if they did actually tell us this time though, but I fear they might think it would stir up the whole Roswell 1947 crash thing again, and they probably don't want that.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by soup_sandwich

And here is a Growth that continues on the lander. We unwillingly seeded mars with some kind of life.

img105.imageshack.us...

[edit on 2-8-2008 by soup_sandwich]

Interesting.

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere,or indeed it means much.

Yesterday (8/9/08) there was a announcement by NASA,that indeed,some type of `growth` is attached to the lander.

It is just speculation what the growths could be (probably frost),but interesting that they only now choose to acknowledge it.

www.redorbit.com...

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

www.physorg.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

The Robotic Arm Camera on NASA's Phoenix Mars Lander took this image on Sept. 1, 2008, at about 4 a.m. local solar time during the 97th Martian day, or sol, since landing. The view underneath the lander shows growth of the clumps adhering to leg strut (upper left) compared with what was present when a similar image was taken about three months earlier...

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

[edit on 10-9-2008 by arktkchr]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
neat, so thay are agknowledging the possability of growth on a leg, that is pretty cool its a start at least from nasa.

Whats next, oops we accidently captured an abandoned city in a photo, lets go over to examine it

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeybus

...no surprise should that happen... with an anonymous poster bringing this up -- isn't it strange that the photo link I posted a couple of spots before, 'sometimes' loads -- security says, NASA is trying to watch what I look at, then, four times when clicking on said photograph.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by arktkchr]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Mars would even be more a prize if they discover oil or something similar in terms of energy. We wil just be expanding and expanding ourselves like some locust accross the Solar System. We have all but broken the Earth in that we have polluted to the stage where rivers cannot be revived and resources have all but depleted them. I sometime feel sick about what we are doing to the land. We are like unchecked virus, swarming destroying...I hope that we grow up soon

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
We are like unchecked virus, swarming destroying...I hope that we grow up soon

QFT, that is exactly what the human race is, its sad that we turned out like that

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
As this thread is still going on, I might just as well tell a few of my own opinions. I don't know whether they are true or not, but I do love to speculate.

This all seems to me all too familiar lobbying for itself. For NASA, I don't mind them doing that to get more funding. Still, you should think of this:

Is it no wonder that an organization such as NASA is having private meetings - just like every single corporation and organization on our planet - to have their funding?

Obviously they cannot possibly tell politicians anything else but that there are potentials for things to discover. These include solar system formation, life, chemicals found and minerals found. All these matter if we consider going there with gear that can bring *back* something.

There is nothing else in media that they have hoped for, except for those wild dreams that are not going to realize anytime soon unless they announce something very big.

It is possible allright that there is life out there. Since they find elements that can support this conclusion of a possibility, there is no way in hell they are not going to mention it in a memo that is supposed to mean keeping funding on NASA.

White House has not been a particular supporter of space exploration during Bush administration. There must then be made in existence a counter-force, so to speak, to keep funding.

Best thing to happen would to get an increased funding.

I? I believe there can be alien micro-organisms alive on Mars. Of anything else, I don't know. This means I am a skeptic on everything else but these micro-organisms because I do want samples taken back. Do I believe in life out there? Tell me that, or do I just want a sample back. (I do believe in that, though...)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join