It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The White House is Briefed: Phoenix About to Announce "Potential For Life" on Mars

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

The White House is Briefed: Phoenix About to Announce
"Potential For Life" on Mars

www.universetoday.com...

It would appear that the US President has been briefed by Phoenix scientists about the discovery of something more "provocative" than the discovery of water existing on the Martian surface. This news comes just as the Thermal and Evolved Gas Analyzer (TEGA) confirmed experimental evidence for the existence of water in the Mars regolith on Thursday. Whilst NASA scientists are not claiming that life once existed on the Red Planet's surface, new data appears to indicate the "potential for life

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-8-2008 by memoir]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I feel like we're getting closer every day. It's only a matter of time, now.

Ps: If this has already been posted, my apologies; feel free to wrap this one up.

[url=http://www.universetoday.com/2008/08/02/the-white-house-is-briefed-phoenix-about-to-announce-potential-for-life-on-mars/]www.universetoday.com[/u rl]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by memoir

Great news cant wait to find out what we already know

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Like I have said on Mars everything will be announced in baby steps. First the announcement of ice and water on Mars, 2nd the potential for life and 3rd microbial life along with crawling worms on and beneath the surface.

Mars as we will see is loaded with life forms because I can see them in photos and have seen them for years since Viking I and II. The Pathfinder Sojourner mission really opened my eyes that life was positively on the surface on Mars. Spirit and Opportunity was the clincher that life did and still does exist on Mars. Strange creatures and critters are running around on the surface including humanoids, I call Sandmaries. Rik Riley

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I think Nasa needs to explain the mystery figure on Mars and stop waffling nonsense.
I have the Nasa picture that clearly shows an alien being wearing a long skirt and it was printed on most papers. You just can't say that it is a stone or an illusion, you can see the body structure relevant to its position. We know there are aliens on Mars because Nasa showed us a picture of one....

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It's just a matter of time, and that time is getting nearer.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bubbles75

Where is there a copy of this photo? I'd really like to see it

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by memoir

mabe this is the one

i.i.com.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Disclosure is on the horizon....all I can say is: ITS ABOUT FRIGGN TIME!!

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
why does this have to be 'mulled' over? ridiculous - should just be released. i can't wait until it's 30 yrs from now.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Plant life and insects will be confirmed.

The fact this is being kept "hush,hush" means it's going to be pretty big. I doubt it will be a fossil, but it will point towards current life on Mars. NASA will ask for more money to send another probe.

There are a dozen official pictures from NASA, which show interesting patterns on massive and plant/forest like features.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rikriley

Yup, with all of the potentially doctored images that show blue skies and such, it would seem that we might actually get some disclosure. NOBODY can explain the glass tunnel, it sure looks artificial to me. Sent the photo to my geologist friend and he laughed and said that there was no way this could be on the surface of Mars.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Here's the original article in question: Possibility for life

They do say that their announcement about water is just the beginning, who knows..

Anyway, this does not mean that there is certainly above light speed travellers all around.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Did they find Saddams WMD? Probably why they talked to the WH first...

He he. On topic, I wonder if they found a gas release of oxygen. Or pockets of air trapped in caves? Its possible.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'm sure if anything was found it would be discussed at length with the higher-ups of the governments of the world.
As for giving us a clue what they found i don't think that will happen just yet,In pieces maybe over a couple of years or so.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rhynouk

They already gave us a clue, but to say what it is and what it means is another thing alltogether.

sty

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
wow, this is going to be BIG! even if unicellular life forms is being discovered it would actually be proof that life is not an unique event , so we can expect lots of it across the galaxy! The site www.space.com also talks about it , but no reaction on CNN or Yahoo news etc

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If they are about to announce life...this could be one of the biggest moments in mankinds history...
Lets just hope it is...keep us updated people,i cant wait!

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The recent pictures back from Mars are odd, to say the last..

According to the BBC, Phoenix is entering phase two of the operation and testing the ground for life (I thought that wasn't apart of the mission?)

sty

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I really wonder where all this info is coming from !
. It seem to come from "aviation week" website - here:

"The White House has been alerted by NASA about plans to make an announcement soon on major new Phoenix lander discoveries concerning the "potential for life" on Mars, scientists tell Aviation Week & Space Technology.

Sources say the new data do not indicate the discovery of existing or past life on Mars. Rather the data relate to habitability--the "potential" for Mars to support life--at the Phoenix arctic landing site, sources say."

I hope the link works :

aviation-week website

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join