It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange rectangular ufo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Hey there everyone,
I would like to tell you all about a strange ufo sighting that me and my brother witnessed yesterday at approximately 9.50pm (GMT).
I was sitting in my living room yesterday when a rectangular orange object caught my eye through the window, I live near Dudley in the West Midlands in the UK, it was dark but I could visibly see the treeline through my living room window... this rectangular orange object was there above the trees, at first I thought it was a streetlight as that's what it most resembled, however there are no visible street lights where this object appeared, it moved up and down slightly and appeared to get brighter... on an angle of about 15degrees, the object the moved downwards behind the treeline... where it then dissapeared.
I'm just curious to what this could have been, did anyone else in the West Midlands or in the UK see a similar orange rectangular object lastnight?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated...

Thanks,

Resentedhalo08.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Has anyone else seen anything similar yesterday, August 1st?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
What the hells going on here?! Not one reply, WTF!!!

BS posts get on the front page with loads of replies, whilst my genuine sighting gets NO RECOGNITION whatsoever!!!

What's the deal here???

Resentedhalo08.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I think the problem is too many hoaxers, not implying you are one, just there are alot about.
When you don't have a picture or video, it's just another story.

probably everyone here has seen something weird in the sky, but you need to have something to back your claim up.

No pics = story

Pics = a case or a good thread that can be examined and looked at thoroughly.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Easy tiger.... it is quite possible that no one saw this "object" but you and your brother.

Suggestion, if you see a strange "object in the sky"...try to photograph it or take some video....without these, your account just gets filed under the HUGE and EVER GROWING label of un-substantiated eye-witness reports.

Good luck and thx for your important, but unverifiable report.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08
What the hells going on here?! Not one reply, WTF!!!

BS posts get on the front page with loads of replies, whilst my genuine sighting gets NO RECOGNITION whatsoever!!!

What's the deal here???

Resentedhalo08.

Oh, didn't anyone tell you? Unless you have print or broadcast quality images or video then don't bother telling us you "saw" a anything...

But really, I am just being cynical...gee after this week I wonder why?? sheeesh

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
No I think my point has been misunderstood... I haven't come to tell my story, amaze everyone, convince people etc... I wanted to know if anyone else saw anything similar on/around august 1st, that's all... quite simple really.
It was a quick sighting, I estimate 5-6 seconds from noticing it until it disappeared from view... it was too quick to even think about grabbing a camera to take a pic. I think it is somewhat restricting that members here on ATS will not discuss a sighting without a picture, that's 97% of ufo sightings ignored before people even start investigating! Also there have been many threads here on ATS with no proof and even 2nd hand accounts which go for pages with no proof... speculation is all we have...

I'm not here to convince people of anything, just see if there are any similar related sightings.

Resentedhalo08.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I saw a weird rectangular object in Jan. over California. It had lights on three sides, but not on the fourth. I too, saw it from inside my house and posted here on ATS as to what it might be. I didn't get a single response. I didn't have pictures or video.

I don't remember it having a particualr color, but it seemed very large and moved very slowly.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Well dont know why I am bothering because its only had couple replied.
I am the brother who also saw the object, and dont expect much of a response as no pic, just wanted to ask if anybody else had seen it?

It happened so quickly 15 seconds max but I have no doubt it was a UFO. just was not expecting it so no pics.

damn it, its always when you are not really paying attention to skies with no camcorder at hand.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Was it anything like this ?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Not being funny mate but it's a bit patronising showing pictures of chinese lanterns, suggesting thats what we saw.
We both have good common sense and would easily identify flying objects which are "in the norm". nice comparison though lol.

I am a 32 year old bloke who knows the difference between, chinese lanterns, helicopter's, jets and UFO,s. Had plenty of experience with strange phenomenon .

I asked if "anybody else had seen this UFO" ? thats all.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by Sparkey76]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparkey76

Eh, I don't think "rocksolidbrain" meant to be patronising. I also thought of chinese lanterns when you described your sighting, so it is only sensible to post the images and ask if that was what you saw. Obviously it wasn't, so now we know that.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
[edit on 6-8-2008 by Resentedhalo08]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I wish I had seen what you saw. I guess it would make me more believing in UFO'S. I do believe, but don't understand why it is I look up in the sky EVERY night and never see anything. You are lucky my friend!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies and thank you Rocksolidbrain for the pictures of the Chinese lanterns, in response to the pictures you posted it certainly wasn't a chinese lantern that we saw as the object was a horizontal rectangle rather than a vertical one. Also the intensity of the light was different to that shown in the chinese lantern pictures, it wasn't a diffuse light but a light which filled the rectangular object with "electric" orange light.

Resentedhalo08.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Chinese lanterns have become a bad word in ufology.

I'm not assuming that you don't know the difference between an ET ship and paper lanterns, I'm just making a perfectly valid guess, with whatever little info you gave. Orange and rectangular and the way it moved.
You also say it resembled a streetlight, and lanterns do look like that from a distance.

Edit : If it was horizontal, I can't really say anything about it then

[edit on 6/8/2008 by rocksolidbrain]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
maybe jumping the gun about "patronising" sentence I said,
Thanks for pic, it is a nice comparison and I am sure some people do see lanterns and report them as UFO, and if it raises awareness that people can misunderstand what they are seeing great, means less false UFO reports.
I love talking about UFO,s and guess because I am new on here, I was slightly on defensive.

To the poster who said I am lucky to look up at the skies and see UFO,s, Yes lucky by chance I have seen 3 UFO,s and 2 ghosts in my lifetime so far, but want to take it further and properly investigate these things, buy equipment and get out there.
Anyways enough about myself,
Look forward to discuss more in the UFO/ Paranormal section.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I saw it last night over Tokyo, it moved up diagonally, came out of nowhere and disappeared into nowhere. moved really fast too! cant believe i actually saw a ufo!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Bottom line, what do you want us to say? We didn't see it. We don't know what it was. Even if you had a really good photo, that may not help identify it.

Congratulations. Sounds like you saw a UFO. You get a cookie.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I saw exactly the same thing over Clent this evening at around 10pm....square orange light over the sky, quite low, and seemed to be moving very fast until it disapeared.

top topics

join