It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking the "It doesn't matter" cop-out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I hear lots of people saying "Oh it doesn't matter who you vote for... "

But then Let's look at the last eight years.

What would have happened had Gore been inaugurated?

Would we have gone after Saddam?

Would we have had secret energy meetings in the VP office?

Would Gitmo have ever occured?

There are lots of things that would have been different had Gore been in office as opposed to GWB.

It obviously does matter.

Thank GOD we can vote every four years.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

I think it's POSSIBLE that it doesn't matter, but I also think it's very possible (as you have pointed out) that it matters a great deal!

I'm beginning to think that all this "it doesn't matter" and "we don't have a choice" talk is a tactic by people who don't want Obama to be president! Seriously. I'm really thinking along these conspiracy lines after what I've been reading recently.

If McCain supporters can convince Obama supporters that "it doesn't matter""we don't have a choice", so vote for Ron Paul or Bob Barr or Mickey Mouse or DON'T VOTE!, then they go and vote for McCain... See where I'm going here?

I just answered a post about "We Don't Have a Choice". Bull-Hooey! You have a choice. We all have a choice. And I don't want to look back in 4 years and say, "Man, I wish I'd gone with my gut because here we are in the middle of WW3 because McCain won the election."

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
if it does matter, than why did the american people elect the democrats to power in congress in 06 to stop the war, and the war is still going to this day.

pelosi says impeachment is off the table, yet that is why the american people elected the democrats.

it dosnt matter. they are two sides of the same coin. when clinton was in office we still bombed eastern europe. if obama gets elected we are still going to iran. same crap diffrent parties.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Quaz, you make some good points but I don't really think I can debunk anything with a what if. It is just too hypothetical. Maybe Gore would have have helped passed all of his save the earth plans and the rest of our high paying manufacturing jobs would have went overseas. Big blow to our economy. Maybe instead of going into Afghanistan he would have thrown a few missiles into a 10 dollar tent and Obama would still be striking America, Then again maybe he would have helped balance the budget and reduce our national debt. Maybe he would have brought Israel and the Palestinians together. Maybe he would have brought our manufacturing jobs back to the US. Just too many what if that could have went either way, for better or worse.
In my view the it doesn't matter is because the Congress controls the agenda and the President plays the role of fighting Congress and repaying favors to the influentials who helped get him elected. Good thread.

top topics

join