It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Lightning Last Night (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Ok, so last night I was standing outside and there was lightning(but it was not raining). I looked into the East Sky (I live in Columbus OH) and there was this spot in the sky where it kept lightning. I have never seen lightning resonate from the same spot over and over again. I watched it for about 3 minutes and then thought about ATS. So I run in and grab my g/f's digital camera come back outside and capture some footage. The footage shows what it had been doing the previous 3 minutes and what it kept doing for another 4 minutes after I had stopped filming (her camera only had a 1min 17 seconds of filming cuz she has a ton of pics on there) Now I'm not claiming it was some weird UFO or anything (which is why I posted it in fragile earth as opposed to the conspiracy forum) but I've never seen lightning do that. I haven't uploaded the video yet because I don't know how to upload it without uploading it to youtube which took FOREVER last time I did it.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It might take forever to upload we'd like to see it anyways it sounds really interesting, could you upload it even if it takes a year please?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Yeah, we had some heat/ dry lightning here south of Dayton yesterday night.

I stood outside and watched it as I was moving into my new apartment, it was really quite a sight to see. However, it did start to rain lightly after about an hour or so of just lightening, but only lasted for about fifteen to twenty minutes, followed by more of this heat lightening.

I noticed some of these reoccurring same position flashes, I personally think it was all due to the humidity last night. I also took note of the gorgeous purple/white color of some of these bolts, I wish I had a camera..

All in all though, nothing really special, just another storm but the footage is always a nice thing to look at, I hope you can get to it soon. If you need any help uploading/converting or whatever just U2U me.

join