It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If i Claimed I Heard God? Would I Be Called Insane?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
God would never tell someone to do those things! If a person heard those things, it would be Satan telling them to do bad things. "We will know them by their fruits." According to the bible, we should test the fruit. If the fruit is good, then that is God. If the fruit is bad or rotten, that is not of God. We must be very careful when we think that God is telling us to do something. Satan comes as an angel of light, and can be very deceiving. I don't understand when a mom kills her children, and thinks that God told her to do it. God would never tell a person that. Or when a dog tells them to go be a serial killer. Would you do what a dog told you to do? I think that God can tell us certain things. I don't think it is necessarily an auditory command. I think it can be something we know in our spirits. I think that we can be led by the Holy Spirit to do some things. If I heard an audio voice telling me to do something, I would be very cautious. It could be a deception!

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Only those who believe in aliens and conspiracy are called insane. "God ears" are more easily excepted for whatever reason.

At first you'd have a lot of people who don't believe you, of course.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueangel7
God would never tell someone to do those things! If a person heard those things, it would be Satan telling them to do bad things. "We will know them by their fruits." According to the bible, we should test the fruit. If the fruit is good, then that is God. If the fruit is bad or rotten, that is not of God. We must be very careful when we think that God is telling us to do something.

Bush invaded Iraq, he said publicly that god told him to do that, god told him to liberate the country. It's lead to thousands dead, so by your logic we're ina tricky situation. Either god told the president to do that, or satan did, either way the president is doing something because he hears voices. My point was if i did something because a vioce told em to then i'd be locked up in a mental ward.

Originally posted by Blueangel7
Satan comes as an angel of light, and can be very deceiving. I don't understand when a mom kills her children, and thinks that God told her to do it. God would never tell a person that. Or when a dog tells them to go be a serial killer. Would you do what a dog told you to do? I think that God can tell us certain things. I don't think it is necessarily an auditory command. I think it can be something we know in our spirits. I think that we can be led by the Holy Spirit to do some things. If I heard an audio voice telling me to do something, I would be very cautious. It could be a deception!

But then how do you possibly know god? You might be hearing gods word to kill a man because that man is another hitler, but you wouldn't act on it because you think it's the devil.

Basically the post wasn't about whether god exists or not, it was abot the idea that a random person saing that god told them to do something would be locked up in a mental institution. A president says it and he's praised by the people.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Bush invaded Iraq, he said publicly that god told him to do that, god told him to liberate the country. It's lead to thousands dead, so by your logic we're ina tricky situation. Either god told the president to do that, or satan did, either way the president is doing something because he hears voices. My point was if i did something because a vioce told em to then i'd be locked up in a mental ward.

He's a politician, what do you expect? I mean, do you actually believe what he says?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by amitheone

He's a politician, what do you expect? I mean, do you actually believe what he says?

Whether what he says is true or not is inconsequential, we have to take what he says on the world stage and run with it. The man claimed god told him to do something and somehow the american people think that's fine and dandy. Yet every one of them would cross the street the avoid the homeless guy screaming about the end being nye.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
yip,i would class you as schizophrenic but thats just me...

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
Important note, i don't hear any voices, this is hypothetical.

Now lets say i hear god, i walk down the street and gods telling me to kill someone, telling me to god smash that window on the drug store, telling me all sorts of things. What do you think would happen to me? I think i'd be locked up and rightfully so.

George W. Bush however says god told him to invade Iraq, please someone spot that this is absolute delusion. Look if you believe in god that's great, well not geat but i support your right to, but if you're hearing gods voice, please go and see a doctor.

research "directional audio"

source: /5znoqq

"Our HSS H-450 and H-460 directed sound systems enable users to place clear, focused sound where they want it and provide directional silence in areas of their choice," said John Zavoli, president and chief operating officer of ATC. "The H-460 further extends our capability to provide a focused, highly intelligible voice for digital signage networks and other point of sale/point of interest audiovisual applications."

dunno if a doctor is necessary to google "directional audio"

plus if this type of technology exists in the public sector, then what type of stealthier advancements have been made to it, or in parallel applications by non-private sources?

no doctor... no god... just high tech manipulation.

end of story.

now... advanced methods of brainwave entrainment.. and thought implanting.. now that's a whole new fish to fry...

-

edit : bad url

[edit on 4-8-2008 by prevenge]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

So my point stands then that bush would require mental health help then? Afterall he's hearing voices and yet instead fo being accused of being nuts he got a lot of applause and lots of good christians were so happy god had spoken to him.

prevenge

Not sure what that has to do with this, you think someone aimed a directional sound beam at bush? Sorry i don't get it.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Lethil

So my point stands then that bush would require mental health help then? Afterall he's hearing voices and yet instead fo being accused of being nuts he got a lot of applause and lots of good christians were so happy god had spoken to him.

prevenge

Not sure what that has to do with this, you think someone aimed a directional sound beam at bush? Sorry i don't get it.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

First of all, I don't think Bush actually "heard" anything.
I think it's the "wise" political thing to do to appease certain religious constituency, gaining or improving approval and support, by stating something akin to what he did regarding "hearing the voice of god" or probably more accurately: "god speaks to me"

Secondly, I find it hard to believe that you cannot see any relevance in my previous post, as I specifically stated:

Originally posted by prevenge
if this type of technology exists in the public sector, then what type of stealthier advancements have been made to it, or in parallel applications by non-private sources?

So If you're posing the position that he literally "heard" the voice of God, as in the understanding that it wasn't merely auditory hallucinations, or "self delusional perception" that he "heard", but ACTUALLY hearing the sound of a voice that identified it's self as "God", then I would need to conclude that there was some sort of actual technological method to cause his ears to pick up the auditory signals of said "voice".

If it was done by other people to him, in order to produce the exact effect of him hearing God's voice, then a specific technological means would be applied; described in my previous post.

Even if it was "God", the actual Christian paternal figurehead, then by my impression, then there still would have to be an actual mechanical effect within our realm of physics, that would have been accomplished by some specific and eventually understandable means (as much as many of you may disagree that we will NEVER understand how this God works)

I think his advisers, and consecutively, his script.. er "speech" writers... posed this for him to orate, for the initial point I made, Christian constituency approval, so I don't think this applies to him.

But I do think that directional audio projection and other more exotic technologies definitely apply to many people that report "hearing voices" which others in their direct vicinity do not report hearing.

-

[edit on 4-8-2008 by prevenge]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Whether what he says is true or not is inconsequential, we have to take what he says on the world stage and run with it. The man claimed god told him to do something and somehow the american people think that's fine and dandy. Yet every one of them would cross the street the avoid the homeless guy screaming about the end being nye.

David Koresh the cult leader also told his members that he is God. He also told that the end is near. I for one don't believe that God told Bush this and that. Bush said it to simply get the support from the Christian community for the war. Its very schemy and people should really have a critical mind and not always accept whatever a person says. After all, Bush is a politician always finding ways to get the leverage and support.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join