It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If i Claimed I Heard God? Would I Be Called Insane?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Important note, i don't hear any voices, this is hypothetical.

Now lets say i hear god, i walk down the street and gods telling me to kill someone, telling me to god smash that window on the drug store, telling me all sorts of things. What do you think would happen to me? I think i'd be locked up and rightfully so.

George W. Bush however says god told him to invade Iraq, please someone spot that this is absolute delusion. Look if you believe in god that's great, well not geat but i support your right to, but if you're hearing gods voice, please go and see a doctor.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
God became a man. His name is Jesus. Everyone saw him. The 3 kings saw him. When he turned 30 to start his ministry, everybody heard him and learned a lot of things about love. To love your enemies, to help those who need your help. To help a stranger who was injured.

Perhaps what you are hearing is a demon who has possessed you. You'll be locked up definitely in a mental hospital.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
Important note, i don't hear any voices, this is hypothetical.

Now lets say i hear god, i walk down the street and gods telling me to kill someone, telling me to god smash that window on the drug store, telling me all sorts of things. What do you think would happen to me? I think i'd be locked up and rightfully so.

George W. Bush however says god told him to invade Iraq, please someone spot that this is absolute delusion. Look if you believe in god that's great, well not geat but i support your right to, but if you're hearing gods voice, please go and see a doctor.

If someone claims something it does not always make it so.
Same would apply in this case, god is used as a excuse for many barbaric deeds across the world.

But it does not mean that god ordered these people do the things they did.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
i think it depends on what god is telling you.
is he telling you theres a sale at the gap? is he telling you to throw babies into woodchippers? is he telling you to jump off a bridge? or invade a thirdworld country rich in oil?

well actually the more i ponder it, i dont think it matters what god is telling you i think its kind of nuts. especially if your hearing voices. but in the case of george bush i really belive god told him that.

mainly because bushs god is money and power.

bush worships at the temple of globalism doing his gods work, making bankers happy and slaying dumb a-rabs so he can get exxon massive oil contracts and rape the whole country in general.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by amitheone
Perhaps what you are hearing is a demon who has possessed you. You'll be locked up definitely in a mental hospital.

Did you miss the first part of my post? Did you even read it? I stated quite clearly i am not hearing voices, this was a hypothetical done to question GWB and his reasoning that god told him to invade Iraq.

Edit

Just to be clear as a few have already missed it.

I AM NOT HEARING VOICES, this was a hypothetical device. I would have thought it obvious as i mentioned it quite specifically in my first post.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I Would Say That It would be schizophrenia, mainly cause it would be audiotory hallucinations, I would also say to go and be diagnosed for it, and if it becomes back negative, I might come to seeing it.

I would also see if it Happened again, If it did, i don't know maybe It would be a disorder mainly though.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by OMFGitsJack
I Would Say That It would be schizophrenia, mainly cause it would be audiotory hallucinations, I would also say to go and be diagnosed for it, and if it becomes back negative, I might come to seeing it.

I agree with this and yet GWB invaded Iraq becuase he claims god told him to "liberate" it. So what i want to know is why so many americans, would obviously avoid the homeless man saying he hears god, but are quite happy to accept a president who does.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Oh I just think he did that to get the religious side of America on his side, and the gullable people thinking,

"OH WOW, God Is on our side, we can't loose, we must do what he says, because he said God said it and he's our president he can't be lieing, he just wants what best for everyone."

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

George W. Bush however says god told him to invade Iraq, please someone spot that this is absolute delusion.

As TheRepublic said, his God is his superiors. The global elite. They instructed him to do it.

See, I've noticed something with Bush, he always tells the truth. What I mean by that is, no matter what he says "the terrorists who attacked us on September 11th hate our freedoms", "God told me to invade Iraq" etc., he's actually telling the truth.

Of course, he doesn't specify who the terrorists and God actually are, but you can easily make the connection.

The terrorists that attacked us certainly do hate our freedoms, and they happen to be the same ones who told him to invade Iraq.

I guess we can say that God attacked us on 9/11.

Everyone saw him.

Except intelligent scientists and historians, it seems.

I've never heard of someone being locked up in a mental hospital for asking a hypothetical question.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

God became a man. His name is Jesus. Everyone saw him.

Yeah I never quite understood that part of Christian belief. Jesus is God? If he is Yahweh, the creator, why was he speaking to his father when he was on the cross? I thought he was the divine offspring of God? The only begotten son?

Do most Christians actually see/worship Jesus as THE God and focus on him instead of Yahweh? It surely does seem that way.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I Don't see Jesus as God,
As he does say alot of things about God being his Father, not himself being God.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Seems like the more Fundamental (fanatic?) someone is in religion, and higher in rank/wealth, they are able to say God spoke to them without reproach.

And others upon hearing this say, "wow he's really religious, I can trust him."

I think it's all a crock.

One time on vacation many many years ago, my mother decides she wants to tour the Oral Roberts university because she thinks he's weird and wants to check out weird stuff there. So off we go.

Out of curiosity I decide to open up a prayer room in some building. I don't even remember what building we were in at the time. I was like 12 yrs old at the time. Anyway, I open up the door, and inside are some nice looking fake flowers, a decent chair, and a HUGE portrait of Oral Roberts on the wall.

No picture of Jesus/Mary or anything like that.

Roberts was so full of himself that he has his own portraits in the prayer rooms. My parents and I had a good laugh over that one. Although it felt creepy and we said we had enough of touring the facility and left.

Just to show an example of how those types of people really are deep down. Maybe if someone lives near there they can confirm if his pictures are still in the tiny rooms.

Now if a regular person told me that what he/she thought was God spoke and said, "Go give that person a hand with the grocery cart" or "Say hello and smile to that lady." Or something really small like that, I'll believe it.

But I won't believe some idiot on TV saying, "God told me to attack Iraq."

That's why religion is a total crock.

Rant on Religion
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hearing voices in your head telling you what you should or shouldnt do.
This possibly is another manifistation taken through mind at a more advanced level.
The human mind is in control of its host IE you. Its all getting out of hand now. The mind has turned into a monster creating worry fear anxiety etc.
These repetitive thought processes then create emotions resulting in physical violent reactions.
This can now be seen on a global scale with mind controlling the majority of the mass consciousness. We connect at source
Sometimes mind takes it to far with its host and carnage and death ensues .IE Mall shootings, college massacres I heard voices in my head is normaly reported by the Killer.
The mind monster needs to be dissolved or else the human race is in big trouble.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I think the OP has a great point. If you wouldn't believe a modern, educated 21st century person when they claim to have been spoken to by God, why the hell would you believe some ancient crackpot who comes down off a mountain or out of a desert, spouting the same thing?

Utter lunacy.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
i think it depends on what god is telling you.

Oh so if the "voice" attributed to "god" is saying "Go give your friend a hug and tell them everything will be alright" then it is real but if the very same words are being attributed to Tinkerbell or to anyone else who isn't there then it is delusional? No. They both arise from delusional thinking. I have interviewed subjects who are criminally insane who are capable of saying and doing the nicest things. The can be so pleasant and uplifting. They can also rip out your guts and eat them.

Psychosis is psychosis. If you hear or see what isn't there, don't waste any time finding a psychiatrist.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
You'd be called Christian.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Here's a quote from the X-files that seems to fit:

Fox Mulder; "When you talk to god it's called prayer, when god talks to you it's called schizophrenia".

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Did you miss the first part of my post? Did you even read it? I stated quite clearly i am not hearing voices, this was a hypothetical done to question GWB and his reasoning that god told him to invade Iraq.

I did read it. My answer was also hypothetical.

I thought you got it and I was just playing along.

??

I AM NOT HEARING VOICES, this was a hypothetical device. I would have thought it obvious as i mentioned it quite specifically in my first post.

Don't worry. I hear you. You are not hearing voices.

You're just playing pretending. Take it easy dude.

Unless you're hearing voices that I was not playing pretending.

Peace!! hehehehe

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Yeah I never quite understood that part of Christian belief. Jesus is God? If he is Yahweh, the creator, why was he speaking to his father when he was on the cross? I thought he was the divine offspring of God? The only begotten son?

If you spend time reading the Bible rather than hearing people preaching to you, you will understand it.

When you read John, it clearly says that the Word was God and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us. The Word is Jesus. Jesus is the Word who is God. In Hebrews, God the Father calls Jesus God, and Jesus calls the Father God, only one God. Jesus is the creator. The Father is the creator. Jesus is the God Almighty. The Father is God Almighty. The Son is the exact representation of God. They created man after their own image. In Genesis it reads, "Let US create man after our own image".

They all have the same attributes and power. They are not three Gods but one God only. I know its difficult to grasp as we are counting it physically. But God is spirit and He is an infinite and eternal being.

Thats what the Bible says and you cannot find anywhere in the Bible which say the word "Gods" with an "s" and with the capital "G".

There are many scriptures which confirms that God is one in three persons. Once a Christian receives the Holy Spirit, God is in that person, that is - The Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit - 3 in 1.

Do most Christians actually see/worship Jesus as THE God and focus on him instead of Yahweh? It surely does seem that way.

When you worship Jesus, you also worship the Father. As it is written, Jesus said, "No one goes to the Father except through me". You cannot pray directly to the Father, but except through Jesus, thats why we end our prayers "In Jesus name".

If anyone denies Jesus as God, the Word who became flesh does not have the Father for you do not acknowledge Him as God. You deny Him for who he really is.

1 John 2:23 - No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

[edit on 8/3/2008 by amitheone]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

What if I claimed to hear God? Would I be called insane?

That is what usually happens to people who hear God and have the courage to admit it, someone always says they are crazy.

Actually, people who hear God and try and do what He asks them to do, are normally killed or put in prison, that is the usual history on the subject.

The mistake you are making is that you don't believe God to the degree that others have or do, you haven't experienced the power of God in any real way, so you are thinking religion equals God, as if that actually has something to do with Him.

God is more than happy to manifest Himself in the life of anyone who has the courage to believe for Him to do it, whether they have a religion or not.

But the, "TRUTH," is something most people are terrified of, because once you see it with your own eyes so to speak, and touch it with you own hands, there's no going back.

Don't you think God shows His will to people, and gives us real power and ability?

I mean if there really is a creator of all things, don't you think He can talk to anyone He chooses to, and give them all the power they need to do whatever has to be done?

The thing too with real power is, it doesn't favor a persons belief or disbelief, like God for instance, it really doesn't matter to Him if you believe He exists or not, that is to say He doesn't want us to do harm to ourselves in the blindness of unbelief, that is where He is coming from not from where you might think.

If we believe God or if we don't, we do it for our sake not His.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join