It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why haven't we started this Revolution yet?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
the trouble is this great new technology that brings us together here also distributes us far and wide. getting everyone to rally to the same moment would be very difficult. perhaps a seed planted in the mind, a date in the back of your heads, post the message far and wide.... then march peacefully on your capital, demand the respect we deserve and demand the truth.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This thread breaks my heart. Revolution? Is it possible that so many people have so little understanding of our Constitution? We have a "revolution" every four years when we elect our President. We have a "revolution" every two years when we elect our Congressmen/women. Our founding fathers built "revolution" into the law of the land, our Constitution. Not only do we put our elected officials into office, we can take them out again. And we don't have to wait for an election. Think impeachment, referendums, and recall elections...

If you think the election results are rigged, then fix the system - peacefully, within the system. There's plenty of foul play on both sides of the aisle. Hopefully, it equals out. But if you think one side's better at cheating than the other, PLEASE fix the system. If you just don't like the results of a democratic election, then you are not advocating a "revolution," but a "coup."

If you think all people who disagree are just "sheeple," I dare say you will be rudely awakened if/when an armed coup is attempted. For example, you're familiar with the NRA, right? That's the National Rifle Association, of course. These people are not sheeple. These people understand there will always be people who will want to overturn our representative republic and put in place their own totalitarian government. These people understand that the purpose of the 2nd Amendment is to empower us - we, the people - to protect our 1st Amendment, and they take this very seriously. And, thank God, the Supreme Court just reaffirmed this constitutional right.

Do you realize how many people armed citizens there are out here in the real world? And are you ready to take them all on? I have no doubt that my neighborhood is much better armed than the local police. I live in a state which allows concealed carry permits. I live in a state in which shotguns are still clearly visible in the rear window of pickup trucks. Do you really want to come into my 'hood and try to take it over? I'm not a violent person, but if I even suspect the freedom and well-being of my children and their children are threatened, I will once again pick up a firearm... and I will shoot to kill. And I will not be alone. We may have our problems with the Feds, but the devil we know is preferable to the devil we don't know.

If a rational, legitimate case could be made for the changes sought, there would be no need for armed revolution because on election day, those candidates making the same case would be elected in a landslide. But calling for a "revolution" when your guy isn't elected automatically reveals contempt for the Constitution, and therefore my rights, and is therefore not worthy of my trust or respect.

Rather, such talk just smacks of ignorance and arrogance. And it's no doubt exactly this kind of trash talking that makes Bush think martial law may soon be necessary. Thanks.

Dismiss me as a troll if you wish. That seems to be the typical MO when one disagrees with the regular posters. But know that I am not alone. I simply took the time to share my opinion.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Graber
There are three good reasons that noone is starting a revolution. 1: a lack of motivation by the general public endorced by propaganda. 2: the refusal of the general public to accept and belive people who understand the situation. 3: no organisation of those that would participate in a revoloution givevn the oputunity. If those problems, especially number three, were to be fixed, a shot at such a revolution exists.

I think also, cause we are too, "civilized to care", cause if we stand up and revolt we'll push this country to a police state and everyone knows, no-one wants that, so why bother. (mindset of many, but not all by far)

I know I'm ready to give up the Corp Life, but then I'd also have to give up my home life, and the life this country has granted me, and that's the life to live free, speak as I wish, live as I wish. Granted, I'm very supportive for this country and for our troops across seas. Not so much of our government. I mean for God's sake look at who this country is going to vote in this year.... both are not meant for the job, maybe McCain cause he's been up there for a while. But that's a 4% maybe.

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
We need a galvanizing event to start a revolution. Like Lexington and concord was in 1776. And not just a event, one in the right place and right time as well. only then will we have are fight, that so many have called for, just remember be careful of what u ask for u just might get it, also the revolution wont be fought in some distant land, but among you neighbourhoods, in your back yards and at your front door. is that what u really want? If so then now is the time !!! posse up and take to the streets. for it is in the streets that revolutions are fought and won!!! "Live Free or Die"

This is soo true, Most prefer to Live Free!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Its simple Give me a few good men and we can take back this country and put it back the way its was it would be a start, But like most of you people you have your head is up your ass and don't want to do nothing. As Are childern die for your oil and to make others rich, Think about this its know or never,
Capt JACk

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

never in recorded history have people revolted against their leaders other than for lack of food, so as long as the vast majority of people are eating there will be no revolution. Personal freedom is pretty low on most peoples list of essentials.

G

WRONG!

The USA does not exist today because people were starving. Okay, actually, that is the only example that comes to mind at the moment, but I guess the sad thing is your last line is pretty much true.

However, once upon a time that was all that mattered in a land not so far away.

The bottom line is (I agree with whoever said it) we can have a revolution every two - four years depending upon the level of gov't you're looking to over throw, but for some reason it just never happens anymore.

God Bless America, my home sweet home.....*cries*

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

never in recorded history have people revolted against their leaders other than for lack of food, so as long as the vast majority of people are eating there will be no revolution.

Food prices are going up.

County food bank deals with rising costs

As the Food Bank's buying power is being eroded by rising food costs, consumers and retailers are donating less. All the while, demand keeps climbing — up 54 percent from last year.

www.montereyherald.com...

Down with the Fed.

Send out some more Damn FREE money Uncle Sammy.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
If you will read your constitution you will find that our forefathers told us what to do when the government does what it is doing!
first of all the thing the governement fears the most is an armed populace/ militia as outlined by the constitution. When the government fears its people you have Liberty, when the people fear its government you have tyranny. The most confused americans we have are the ones that can not for any reason associate a rifle with Liberty! How can this be?
were they sleeping during History?
Your forefathers told you " if you give up the tools to ensure liberty you are truly ruined" They were talking about your liberty teeth or your rifle!
WAKE UP!
State and Federal law states that all males 17-45 years of age are the armed militia! Either do something about it like join one and get profficient with a rifle or just stop complaining!
Those that are just too chicken to defend their country do not deserve any freedoms it guarantees, so just pack your bags!
Warning: The second amendment does not protect or cover the use of explosives!
If you are so worried about spies it keeps you from doing what you need to do then you have lost the battle already. trust me , we have spies and informants on the inside too!
Remember, any law that tries to outlaw the law of the land is an illegal law and not to be followed!
I took an oath to defend just like the respectable part of the military did and I will uphold it!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I believe it was jefferson who said we should revolt every 50 or 100 years or something like that. As for the constitution, it says we should throw out the constitution and rewrite it to fit the holes in which the tyrants snuck their power in. So ....

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Do you trust the ones in power to re-write it????? I don't. They need to be voted out, and that should be so easy, but it doesn't happen.

If everyone just kept voting out incumbents till they get it, it could go a long way.

As for the financial mess the US is in, which is now affecting the entire world, we need to do the research on who exactly is responsible and get rid of them ASAP.

Hint: Anyone who voted for the housing bailout SOLD US OUT! Since they are more than likely the same culprits who ALLOWED the mess to happen that created a need for this Bill.....nuff said.

[edit on 8/7/2008 by Relentless]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Is anyone serious about organizing? And if so what are your ideas?
I was thinking starting small, maybe get a slot on you local public access channel as a forum for educating the public, hand out flyers, start a web-site and see how many join the cause. Educating the public is probably the most important. Topic choice is another. Shouting '911 was an inside job' gets attention but I think it also aggrivates people.
People will most-likely be interested in the FED and our banking system.
Talks about Aliens and UFOs might make the general public laugh.
Obviously we (ATS members) are awake and aware and we need to make others want to be aware and wake up, question everything and educate themselves.
I'm not saying we need a Project Mayhem, but more like an Operation Awareness.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

David Icke
I was stopped in a shop the other day by a lady who said how great it was that more and more people are waking up to what is going on. Yes, I agreed, it was very encouraging.

I said, however, that there was another stage that needed to unfold before I would be in the least bit satisfied. I said that years ago, only a few years at that, peoples’ eyes would glaze over when I talked about the hidden conspiracy for a global Fourth Reich. Now that didn’t happen nearly so much as events open minds to the nature of our plight.

But today, I said, I see eyes glaze over when I talk about what needs to be done to stop the global Fourth Reich. And while that continues to be the case, the knowledge of what is happening, by itself, is next to useless.

Knowledge is not power – the use of knowledge is power.

Those who know what is going on have a much bigger responsibility than those who don’t, not least because they are denied the excuse of ignorance. It is worth everyone asking themselves: ‘Right, I know at least the themes of what is happening, but what am I doing about it?’

Some will be able to say I am doing A, B, or C, but, from what I have observed, the vast majority of those in the ‘know’ won’t even get to ‘A’. Some who are doing nothing or next to nothing even think that their contribution should be aiming abuse at those who are doing something.

We are faced with a massive imbalance between the number who know what we face (at least to an extent) and those who are doing anything effective about it. Learning more and more about the nature of our own prison is no good unless we do what is necessary to crumble its walls.

Something most people including myself are guilty of.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
every one talking about revolution and the nwo
how many troops dose the us army have??
im gessin hear at about 20 million if im miles out sorry
do you belive the nwo has enoth power to make them shoot there own people
there might be brain washed soliders out there but not all of them
if people were to try and walk into the white house in the masses the army arent going to shot millions of its own people
orders mite be orders in the millatary but not when it crosses comon sence and killing inocents from your own country
the nwo could never get the army or the police behind them in enoth force to take over the world or just america with force
so there is no need to revlot aginst them as they really would have no power if it really came down to it

as i say on all my statements im slightyl dislesic so im sorry for grammer or spelling mistakes i do doubble check tho

any way peace batch

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
As much as I hate to say this, Look at the Patriot act. Thomas Jefferson and George Washington and all those guys would've been starting Civil War two MANY years ago from those.

I HOPE a civil wart breaks out and I WILL be a part of it should it happen.

For the first time today I saw McCain Ahead of Obama on the news. The elections were rigged for BOTH of Bushs Terms. This country has gone to hell.

NO ONE wants a republican in office. Again, as much as I hate violence if McCain gets in I hope he gets SHOT. The economy WILL collapse with another Republican in office. Obama is our only hope and I am 99.9% sure that we won't get in. (Judging by the Bush Elections. Al Gore won by a #load.)

I say get rid of the senate, get rid of congress. The PEOPLE vote for laws. And I saw that we add a law saying anyone in the government who accepts bribes should be publicly executed.

That would be GRAND.

And no big brother #. Theres no need for it at ALL.......

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Fight the system!! GROW WEEEED!!!! =D

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
People have VERY different ideas of what a revolution would look like, some believe that citizens would grab their guns and walk into Washington and commandeer the white house, but such thoughts are fantasy, they would all be fought, restrained or killed by police and military..Others think that tightly organized militias could start blowing up and gunning down federal buildings...well, we all know how that would go down.

Assuming that some process of cleaning the slate would work, you have another set of VERY different ideas regarding our own countries foundation. There is only one correct one (that of a "leave me alone" free republic) .I have the feeling that the decision makers would walk us right into a majority rule or worse, a "things as usual" order that would nullify the preceding fight.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by spokaneman1983
Fight the system!! GROW WEEEED!!!! =D

You must have it since you deredged up this old threadlol:

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Hello!

I have been wondering for a number of decades about what goes into the making of a revolution.

My limited understanding of history suggests to me that is has never been the sons of politicians,
business owners or land holders that are the meat for the battlefield during revolution.

It's seems to have been the sons(and daughters) of the poor that have little left to lose.

Have you seen the US prison stats?

Maybe are next generation revolutionaries are doing time on drug charges in a prison near you.

And when they get out are for the most part never free to own firearms.

If there 2 million ppl in prison today, with thousands being released and thousands more being imprisoned every day,
how many millions of potential revolutionaries are out and about minus gun rights?

Try if you like to find out the actual number. If you come up with one I sure would like to know

magpie

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
A question I have been asking for years.

I think its all just fear.
Fear of the unknown.
We've all come way too accustomed to our current way of life.

A revolution would change everything, and people have a bad habit of fearing change.
With good reason.

If we all started rioting in the streets for change, think of the chaos and destruction that would ensue?
Thats enough to make most people sit back down and wait for someone else to do it.

And there's also no saying what the world would be like afterwards.
I believe anything is better than what we've got right now, but there's always that chance that we'll end up worse off than we started.
There's fear of this, and then there's the fear of failure.
If we were to revolt, and fail..
It wouldn't be pretty.
And the US would use that as an excuse to start really using those fema camps I keep hearing about.

But!
I believe the time is coming for action to be taken.
And it will take more than just US citizens, it will take most of the world.

If I had better plans in mind, and more support, and preferably more funds, I would start this myself.
Unfortunately, not many people will listen to the insane rantings about revolution when its coming from an 18 year old pothead.
So, instead, I think I'm just going to go live underground:
[ www.abovetopsecret.com... ]

Anyone care to join me?
Or perhaps join me in actually creating this revolution?
lololo

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It is time for a revolution but you can't win with violence.

I made a thread about Gandhi recently because I think it's a model for a real successful modern revolution.

Eye for an eye leaves everyone blind.

What we need is a movement of the poor to grow their own food and make their own clothes and barter and trade and restore community and family and natural law and natural rights. We need to live apart from the world they control. We need to stop working within the system. We need to focus on nurturing the local system. Get involved in local politics and make your home a refuge from tyranny. Then grow outward from there. A green revolution not about carbon taxes but about restoring the agricultural spirit that has gotten mankind to this point through thousands of years.

I wish I had unlimited funds. I would do some real damage. I had this great idea to provide cell phones to all the homeless. There's reportedly about 800 homeless here in town. I would give the poorest among us a way to communicate to the world and set up websites like a twitter for bums. Every one of the phones would be set up with googlemaps too so they would know where to go, more about that in a bit. The world could see a day to day account of sleeping in cars and eating out of dumpsters on the website. They would hear the stories of how a human being in this day and age can wind up on the streets. The second level of my plan involves mobilizing them into a hardcore protest group. Politicians always talk about trying to fix the economic mess but never do anything about it. It's time that those who are directly affected, show up to confront those in charge. They don't have jobs so they can protest all day long. On top of that we could go to the protests and hand out food and water to support the protesters and help the homeless simultaneously. We could hand out signs too. Provide them with the tools to protest.

My plan involves going to the bottom of the barrel, picking up the lowest, poorest, most broken man I can find. Giving him the most important tool of the 21st century (a cell phone with internet access) and encouraging him with promises of basic necessities in exchange for his political action. The idea is to make the members of our society who have been cast away as human garbage, into the real force for change in the USA. Those who feel they could never contribute or be a part of this world, we make them the most important people in the movement for change. They want it more.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by missmusicalmilk
If I had better plans in mind, and more support, and preferably more funds, I would start this myself.
Unfortunately, not many people will listen to the insane rantings about revolution when its coming from an 18 year old pothead.

uh, you have no idea how old I am, and I believe I'm going to take that "pothead" as an insult. Maybe you shouldnt slander someone's fake internet name, and not assume how old one may be.

edit on 21-9-2010 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join