It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why haven't we started this Revolution yet?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
"Why haven't we started this Revolution yet?"

Because we dont want to. Not because of fear or lazyness. We dont want to. It doesnt sound very appealing.

We are able to work hard every day week after week to support our families. After a long hard week, a Sunday BBQ with the family sounds a lot better than danger, havoc, and lunicy.

You all say we are a wreck, but I have access to great Dr.'s, emergency crews, food, clean water, great schools that educate my kids for free, and most of all safety. The most my kids have to suffer is cleaning their rooms and having to do dishes.

All of that goes down the crapper in a Revolution. SO, we dont want to. It doesnt sound like a very good idea.

NOW, if all that changed, then a revolution would sound like a good idea.

SECOND of all, besides the fact that we dont want to, A country wide revoult would not work. Changes with in your own state makes more impact than a march in Washington.

Changes within the individual states are already happening. If you are seeing a problem, then it is your responsibility to try to make a change in your state.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Why don't YOU do something to start the "revolution" then? Be like Rosa Parks and do something yourself that will in turn spark other things to happen. But that's right, you don't want to do anything, you want other people to do it because you know nothing will come of your actions. THAT is why nobody is doing anything. Because 1) we want someone else to do it 2) it won't matter.

How am I going to 'boycott' or 'rebel'? Not go to work? They'll just hire someone else. Sign petitions? That won't do anything. I could sign a petition with millions of others saying lower taxes and lower gas but it won't happen.

As much as we want to change the way things are, there really is nothing we can do. The 'system' is too strong for people to change. If people revolt then they are jailed and followers are scared by that. It might suck, but there really is nothing that people can do to change the government.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
So ill never talk of revolution again if 3 things could happen.
1: there needs to be a risk associated with the government. If the president or congressman doesn't do the job they are entitled to, they should be imprisoned or executed. This is the greatest nation and so those who lead it should be subjected to worst hell if they do not please the citizens.
2: there should be a public investigating committee. Kind of like jury duty, who's job it is to follow these top officials and keep the data on what individuals of the government have done.
It bothers me that we get wiretapped, well what about these ahols?
3: these people should get paid less, or on some kind of commision. I feel like they're on vacation all the time. If running our country isn't a full time job then why do I work full time? What was reported a few years ago, they madew 1700 an hour cause of how little they showed up? Yeah ...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ericds

I have been doing things to enhance this leap of faith. Though for the time being, there isn't much to do untill the right moment. And you wouldn't nor will it be on the news

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Hey everyone, this is my first post i haven't registered yet but soon will.

I think the only way to beat the system is abstinence. If these problems are as big as we think they are then these same situations happen in lots of other places more than likely. They happen because it works. It's a perfect system that self perpetuates.

There is only one way to beat the system and it is NOT bloody revolution.

Don't eat fast food.
Don't watch TV.
Don't pay taxes.
Don't believe anything anyone ever tells you.
Don't ever do anything you're told.

Of course these ideas lead to a "perfect world" scenario. This isn't a viable option imo. Mediocrity always wins. Whatever people want is what will happen. If you believe in religion and history even the most powerful people, good and bad, have had only fleeting results. Buddha was probably the most influential and he only converted about 300,000 people. Immediately after his death people started bickering and fighting again. Even the most successfull revolutions only last about 20 years.

The "bad" people will not quit if they lose a few battles. All you can do is improve yourself and therefore your surroundings.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
you know with the way things are in the world and the possibilities of an electronic prison being set up around us a watershed is approaching, the NWO has already said we go quietly or we go kicking and screaming, but we go.
The watershed is being afraid of living under this regime rather than being afraid of dying. believe me a quick death is far more comfortable than being starved or beaten to death watching those around you recieving the same treatment. How would you feel at this point? wishing you could do something about it.
Dying is not hard but living a life under a regime like the reich or khmer rouge,that is Hard, that is frightening.
dont be afraid there is nothing greater than the man (or woman) who will give up their life for their friends, this person is honored in my presence.
i cant remember which passage from the king james that is, but it is there. and to give up your life saving the world and your friends from satanists, honored indeed.
This is gods own country, teach yourself to live not in fear but with the knowledge that your fearlessness is a gift to those people around you who might need to see it.
in no way am i saying you should start a revolution, just that in these circumstances you need not be afraid of ANYTHING.
Take care of each other that is the way forward.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Why haven't we started this Revolution yet?

Considering most of the planet has a sheep like mentality, they are probably waiting for someone to follow like a shepherd. Unfortunately nobody is willing to be the shepherd, only sheep.

If you want to make a change in this world, it starts with you. Either go for it or go back to your comfort zone, the choice is yours

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
the revolution hasn`t started yet because the ball has only just begun to roll
just you wait until the first strike on iran...then the # WILL hit the fan.
the so called experts are predicting $400 for a barrel of crude in minutes of the first shot fired in anger(mr dinner jacket says more). the sheeple will start to panic... but not until the next day when they try to put fuel in their cars and this is when everyone will start to feel the hardship that is required to start not a revolution but some big big changes with regards to wealth and corporate ideology.
i am a betting man and i wil give you the punter a price on this senario.............1-1.5 odds on favourite my son.

all the best Jay

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

I like your answer so here's my question. If a shepard were to come about, how would you expect them to get the sheeps attention? Ill be a shepard, though as for gathering sheep, (hate that term) how would I go about doing that? Or should I just go and get executed on national tv infront of congress?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I LOVE THIS webSITE

i think we will all know when the good shepard arrives...call it rapture, ascension...gauging by the biblacle definitions of the event we should all get a good idea of whats goin on

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandomHero44
The Oklahoma City bombing was not revolt it was terrorism plain and simple. If you think killing innocent men, women, and children is an effective way to bring change. You are no better than the oppressors you claim to fight.

No body is innocent. Not even God or Satan is innocent.

Think real good about it. You're a mark in the way as if that is supposed to haddicap ppl away from revolting. For the sake of marks? Naw! Only the awake I hold in the highest honor to have the natural given permission to bypass any marks (ones you think are innocent) just to get the targeted. If we let the marks get in the way, then the marks are just as well aiding the foe unknowingly. That would keep the world from progressing if we actually think ppl are innocent when God isnt. No one is above God or Satan so no way is any one innocent. Anyone who hinders your revolt is not innocent just because they dont know jack about what's going on and cant be determined if for or against.

You speak like a hypocrite cause I bet you killed bugs just like the rest of us in your life. Why are you not deemed a terrorist for killing bugs? What? Are they not innocent in your book just because they airnt human? But they are an existence period just like humans. So there we have it. Ppl who want to act all good are hyprocrites. Ever ask yourself why didnt you just start off in paradise if you think thier is a paradise after this life era?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
bye the way i think you should join the queue with regards to being a shepard....have you seen mr shaylers announcement daveshayler.com...
i must admit though, id rather see this guy with david icke as deputy run the country, than the lame scum... that are in charge of it at the momment.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

You cannot start revolution just because you are poor slave. Revolutions are well paid business for responsible men. Are you that ones? Do you have a business plan?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mahasvin

Well I suppose you could say that. More like multiple plans or ideas, a plan is on paper and thus evidence so no plan. Though after 2 days of this post, I got the answers I wanted, and a little extra surprises in the meantime. So its better to not talk about revolution, instead act as if you already are revolting. Subtle, quiet, and carefully, on monthly or yearly incriments. Slowly chip back. And for the suprise, it is just odd where I keep finding this post when I look for it, the thread started a few hours after mine, "why would anyone .... revolt" seems to be getting better advertising for its post, and this one which is doing a little better, mostly getting pushed to the bottom. Not speculating, though interesting.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

In light of what this guy is saying, I want to say that I do not condone acts of violence that are warrantless. If you must defend yourself so be it. Never should you attack. So the correct way is pissing them off untill they attack.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Winners are never guilty. Bush and Co are the winners. You are guilty.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Myendica
I like your answer so here's my question. If a shepard were to come about, how would you expect them to get the sheeps attention? Ill be a shepard, though as for gathering sheep, (hate that term) how would I go about doing that? Or should I just go and get executed on national tv infront of congress?

What I really meant was walk your own path. The best thing anyone can do for themselves, is to stop being a sheep and become your own shepherd. A shepherd of truth, reasoning and common sense. Start by being the best person you possibly can be and try and treat other people with the same respect, even those people you don't like or what they stand for. Never take anything at face value, even when you think you know the truth, double or triple check just to be sure. Sometimes you'll never find out the truth no matter how much detetctive work you do. You'll then have no choice but to rely on your own intuition, common sense and reasoning. Trust your own instincts rather than someone else's. This way you'll be less susceptible to manipulation and lies.

The best weapon we have against those in power who don't have our best interests at heart, is that thing inside our heads that we call a tongue. Along with the truth, it makes for a very potent and deadly weapon. Never be afraid to wield it and on the world stage it's the only weapon we really need. Most people in power are crooked, god knows how many skeletons these people have buried under their patios.
Probably one of the main reasons why these people fear the truth above all else, because in the end it will be their downfall.

jay303
bye the way i think you should join the queue with regards to being a shepard....have you seen mr shaylers announcement daveshayler.com...
i must admit though, id rather see this guy with david icke as deputy run the country, than the lame scum... that are in charge of it at the momment.

I agree with some of things that David Icke talks about, but I would never follow anyone let alone David Shayler. The fact this guy worked for MI5, is reason enough not to trust him. I saw him the other night being interviewed and the way he was talking was totally weird. He looked and sounded like he was on drugs. Isn't that how we more or less got into this mess in the first place, by blindly following other people around like sheep and subscribing to their phony cause, lies and propaganda. It's time for people to walk their own paths and empower themselves. If you blindly follow others, then you are just completely leaving yourself wide open to manipulation. David Shayler can stick his messiah complex, it's the last thing this world needs right now!

[edit on 3-8-2008 by kindred]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mahasvin

Uh what? Your not making any sense. Yes occasionally tyrants get away with what they did, doesn't mean they are winners. And I'm not guilty of anything except responding to an idiot like you. And if gwb is a winner, I never wanna win, cause that's too much evil for me. Though all of us who have any iq, knows bush isn't a winner.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

I like you, you're cool. Very well spoken and down to earth. I must admit I knew what you meant all along, though getting executed infront of congress seems to be the only thing that could spark enough outrage in these people. I know what needs to be done to lead, though too many people wouldn't have a care to join.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Some people are already in the prosess of trying to save this country however they are trying to do so by peaceful means.

google we the people foundation

If they fail I fear the next step may well be armed revolution

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join