It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Height 611 UFO Crash

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Suspicions more or less confirmed correct. I've looked for Saladare on the maps of Ethiopia and Eritrea as well as other reputable sites. It only exists in reference to the account I referred to.

Chadwickus could be right in saying the road was flood damaged; I'm inclined to think it was damage due to the conflict between Ethiopia and Eritrea. Could be anything and the photos could be from anywhere.

Whatever the facts are, the whole thing is dubious.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

UK records of UFOs in Ethiopia FO 371/81093

Vallee and Hynek lend credence but there's nothing else to go on.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I haven't found more about it, but I think (from my searches) that the vilage's name may be Saladaro, Sela Daro or Selai Dairo.

Edit: It's probably this place.

[edit on 21/2/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks Armap. The map link is in the place it is alleged to have happened in. Also, the terrain looks similar to the photos. Road, houses and two areas of possible woodland.

I tried variations of Saladare and your suggestions too without result. Place names beginning with S seem to be unusual/non-existent in that area of Ethiopia and Eritrea.

Suspicion was your word and suspicious it remains

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I found Sela'i Da'iro in this map.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for the effort Armap, my heart wasn't in it yesterday.

Sela'i Da'iro does seem to be a likely suspect for 'Saladare'. It's in Eritrea and the houses do have similarities with those in the black and white image posted earlier...

It's a small place with nothing particularly distinguishing to anyone but those that live there. There's a short wave radio transmitter broadcasting the Voice of the Broad Masses of Eritrea station. They were part of a program in 2003 to cut down carbon emissions by using improved stoves. I feel quite guilty!Source

At the time of the alleged incident the 30 Years War with Ethiopia for Independence was into it's tenth year. Nearby Asmara was regularly under attack by Ethiopian forces due it's airport being key in maintaining supplies. Local areas may have been damaged also.

The incident caused a number of injuries and the death of a young girl.

At 11:30 a.m. in Saladare, Ethiopia a red glowing ball of fire swept through the village, destroying houses, uprooting trees, and melting asphalt. It seemed to hover in place and then back-tracked. It caused eight serious injuries and the death of a little girl. (Source: J. Allen Hynek & Jacque Vallee, The Edge of Reality: A Progress Report on Unidentified Flying Objects, p. 160)

Other than the links provided earlier, the account of Saladare/ Sela'i Da'iro originated in Hynek and Vallee's book; The Edge of Reality: A Progress Report on Unidentified Flying Objects. In the book the incident is described...

This is one of the few documented cases where harm has been caused by something we must regard as a UFO. It was certainly flying, it was obviously an object, and it certainly was unidentified.

Hynek classed it as CE2

Close Encounters of the Second Kind are those in which, additionally, the UFO has some tangible effect on the environment, for example by leaving an imprint in the ground where it lands or by interfering with the normal functioning of a car engine

In summary, I think it's a very interesting case on several levels. It wouldn't be unusual for a village to be damaged in a war torn country. Possibly a missile? Dr Attal Makk's presence could well be in a humanitarian capacity. His name is absent online. This is understandable given he was there in 1970 and may have ended his career before the WWW took off.

An area that had been at war for ten years should include people that have no problem in identifying missiles or other ordnance. That Hynek and Vallee were satisfied with the accounts authenticity adds to its interest but it still seems inconclusive. Then again, they always do

If anyone has the book please check it and post?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Excellant find... I guess that what happens to an ETV when hit by one of our lasers.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Excellent work Internos,Star and Flag from me.

some unknown radiations source, some unknown high voltage source, some unknown plasma source, some unknown powerful magnetic fields source, some unknown alloys.

I think the smiley face at the end of your statement about sums that all up.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I bet their parents' saucer insurance went up quite a bit.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
OP.... very interesting read.... again never heard of it like others... how come an event like this wasn't on the news back in the 80's, you would have thought so....

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
*tips hat*

I followed the link from your signature. An excellent read, another well presented gem amongst the "Obama's birth certificate is from Kellogs with 6 tokens and £3.95 p&p- AND I HAVE PROOF!!!!" type threads that I am becoming slightly perturbed by.

To echo a previous poster's question; what became of the object? Was is obliterated? Did it succeed in taking off again after the six attempts? Was it recovered? Or am I missing something?

I've been reading a few great threads recently, (posting links from my iPhone is a pain in the arse - apologies) they should be compiled and presented in a tutorial thread in the board forum to illustrate the dos and don'ts of thread posting.

And to anyone, shameless bumping of this thread is not bad form, at all, the mechanics of the ATS board requires it now and again. Well presented threads like this leave little room for discussion and thus fall from the active thread list, resulting in less readers.

Well done Internos, I look forward to more.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Bumping one of the best UFO threads ever made on ATS in my opinion. What a great case and what a unreal presentation of facts, detailed but yet to the point. This and other threads of internos should be a template for all.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Sightings Report

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Some days ago, one of the site owners has been so nice to move this thread to Aliens & UFOs: it was in another forum because of technical reasons: anyway, i bump this one because it has never been in this forum, and i wonder what you think about this strange story

Bump

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
Some days ago, one of the site owners has been so nice to move this thread to Aliens & UFOs: it was in another forum because of technical reasons: anyway, i bump this one because it has never been in this forum, and i wonder what you think about this strange story

Bump

what thread was it in?

This case has an enormous amount of trace evidence..it must be still sitting around somewhere. Have any of these materials ever made it into the commercial market or private contractor parts? It almost seems like a no brainer that someone would exploit this immediately.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

i bump this one because it has never been in this forum, and i wonder what you think about this strange story

I for one am so glad this got moved to the UFO forum, were it truly belongs.
Not really much to add here internos, you have covered everything.

General Reply

Now what I find interesting is the magnetic anomalies at the location. As well the reports of similar shaped objects being seen over the area, specifically the an event in November 1987, in which another "ball-like object" was seen over the Height 611 location "illuminating the ground". So I feel it is a logical assumption to at least give credence to the possibility that the magnetic anomaly in the area could have something to do with the 'orbs'.

My question is this; What is it that is being drawn to the area, if indeed all the reports are factual? A few possibilities come to mind for me:

1.) Some type of non-understood natural, magnetic related phenomena: Although this does would not seem to account for the apparent mechanical debris left in the Height Incident in 86'. Unless we are talking of some type of high energy collision with the ground that causes deformities and abnormal mutations within the plants, rocks, and soil. I find this explanation HIGHLY unlikely however.

2.) Some form of secret government craft: Well obviously this a logical theory considering the "unknown alloy" aspect of the case, as well every other aspect of the 'orbs' really. Although, I wonder what type of human made craft would need to be drawn to magnetic fields? For re-charging a propulsion or energy system? For testing certain things, like the magnetic anomalies? Then why are similar objects seen all over the world in non-anomalous locations, a lot of the times been seen in the vicinity of another, more 'conventional' shaped UFO?

Also, if it was a secret crash of any governments craft I HIGHLY doubt that whomevers government the object came from would simply let it be openly researched by public agencies and publicized. Even if one would further theorize (again, off of ANOTHER theory) that the object was forced to self destruct surely the owning government would have descended down upon that mountain and cleaned up ANY AND ALL evidence of anything, I mean that is only a logical assumption in my humble opinion. So while this theory seems possible I still feel it is highly doubtful considering the aforementioned reasons.

3.) An UE (Unknown Entity) craft: Well obviously this is the next logical conclusion given the progression of theories that do not seem to fit well AND the other occurrences of similar shaped objects and reports concerning said objects. Again, this is tricky here because it is yet another theory built upon quite a few other theories, which may or may not be true. But I feel it is important to look at all aspects of such events, as once you narrow it down to the logical choices remaining, ONE of them must be right in all likelihood.

So we have tests showing things seen in other incidents that have been postulated to be UE related, such as the odd internal damage to the plants, the shear heat and energy release by the object. Also you have what appears to be fragments from the object, which match no known alloy manufactured on Earth, as stated by the Russian analysis.

Finally, we have numerous other incidents concerning the same or similar shaped 'object', with many associated with alien reports. There are also many 'whistleblower' reports(disputed or not, they are still there and thus MUST be considered) concerning these types of craft. We also have the fact that given the other logical possibilities this case does seem to point towards a true un-Earthly origin.

Now what that means I can't say for sure. What I do see however, is that it appears by logic and what scientific methods can be used that it would be more likely to be of a true UE origin, rather than a secret government test, for reasons I stated in "theory 2". But again, there is just not enough evidence to know for sure, I am simply trying to use probability and logic to come to the more likely probability.

But still in the end and still to this very day this case and multitudes of others remain unsolved and truly unknown--The rare gems in ufology. In my opinion what crashed on Height 611 on that January night in 1986 can likely be attributed to one of the aforementioned possibilities.

Furthermore, in my opinion, based on the available evidence that this case presents (and also using peripheral evidence other aspects of ufology) I think that the Height 611 Incident was either some type of "Ultra Black" human craft or a UE craft.

Again, GREAT THREAD my friend, this is truly a gem amongst the many UFO related threads on ATS, and any reports throughout the world in my humble opinion.

[edit on 9/15/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
post removed

[edit on 30-1-2010 by byteshertz]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Bumpety-bump, just like a basketball.

Agreed, one of the best presented pieces on this site. And I've never seen it before. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Look at it go up the list...

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Outstanding presentation as usual Internos! Truly a fascinating incident to say the least...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I would like to see some of the "skeptics" I see constantly debunking the obvious easily explainable events on this forum take a stab at this one and others like it... Most of us here with half a brain already know the average crap posted in this forum on a daily basis is mostly fictional, therefore we don't spend any time reading up on it or researching it. This event has a massive array of evidence, eye witness events and documentation to get even the most wet behind the ears skeptic started.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
And that's about as much as I expected...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join