It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kucinich seeks to bar US oil firms from Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
rawstory.com...

I think it would be the best piece of legislation for Iraq and the US world image.
Lets not be fooled, whether or not contracts are going to US firms, price isnt coming down. Its not the american who are going to profit so better leave what belongs to the iraqis for the iraqis.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
It's a start. I do fear it's a little too late but one can always hope.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
well the oil firms are the whole reason the war happend in the first place. I appluad kucinich though. i dont agree with him on many of his views but at least he is a truly good guy, who is honestly trying to fight corruption. while this bill will never pass due to the corruption in DC it is good to see him fighting the good fight.

if he denies the contracts the price wont go down but at least the money would go to the iraqi nation, not some ceo sleeping on a mattress made of $100 bills having money fights with his coworkers.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It's a sad story when the only people we the people have in congress are beating thier heads against a brick wall and the people they are trying so hard to help are deaf,dumb,and blind to it.Go Dennis go Ron at least there's a few people who appreciate your efforts.

new topics

top topics

join