It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do The Test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
DO THE TEST !

2 quick questions,

1) Did it get you ?

2) How easy is it for your perception or awarnes to be fooled? It got me, and got me thinking if this is used in advertising and films ?

Whats your thoughts ?

Lee

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Thats good...

I did notice something out of place but I did not realize what it was...

I'm sure this is used in advertising in some form....

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Thats good...

I did notice something out of place but I did not realize what it was...

I'm sure this is used in advertising in some form....

It is used as transit awareness in both the UK and Australia!

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I saw the "moonwalking bear" the first time but I though it was the grim reaper.
Frankly I'm still not sure what to make of it and it didn't really look to out of place amonst those freaks (still doesn't).
You can be aware of the stimulus but not evaluate it consciously. It will be picked up anyway and the mental attitude deterimines if an impression about it lasts.

The type of memory I have of stimuli that I don't pay attention to is qualitatively different to that which I do. It's closer in nature to childhood memory-- very sensory and lacking an intellectual aspect.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I saw the bear first time around but i only counted 12 passes, trade off?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
This is a great thread.

The lesson transcends to so much more...our thinking, actions, our current situation, etc...

"We don't see it if we don't look for it"- simple yet strong.

And it was done with humor.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
, i knew this sort of test before, i didn't even count and looked for something irregular so i really didn't know how much they passed the ball but saw the bear

Fun test btw

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Haha, if i would have took note of his opening statement "This is an awareness test" I should have thought to myself be aware. But instead i was just eager to count the pass's.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'eed
This is a great thread.

The lesson transcends to so much more...our thinking, actions, our current situation, etc...

"We don't see it if we don't look for it"- simple yet strong.

And it was done with humor.

Haha yeah this should be the video that acompanies that statment.
"We don't see it if we don't look for it"

Thanks
Lee

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by slylee

I've seen this many times before, but the first time I saw it, I didn't see the bear guy.

It just goes to show that things can be hidden in plain sight, and if you aren't looking for them or expecting them to be there, chances are you won't see them.

That can be a dangerous tool. If you think of just how much of our world perception is in pictures and videos, presented to us with distracting special effects on TV and in movies, rather than in person, its a little scary to think of how many experiments like this have been performed on us - and we wouldn't even notice it.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
lol watched this a while ago.

I remember when i first watched this did not even notice the bear. I however do not see how advertisers can use this technique. What good does it do if we don't even notice it?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Bear??? i still don't see it lol

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The universal answer to the question "how many passes did the team in white make" is plain and simple,

...all of them.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
I saw the "moonwalking bear" the first time but I though it was the grim reaper.

My thoughts as well. I was so busy counting (got 13 BTW) that I could have sworn I saw a stationary version of the Grim Reaper.
Too cool!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I counted 13, and saw the bear (I agree - it looked like Grim Reaper the first time!!
)

A good advert!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by movie-forumz

Ive been reading into derren brown, and he shows how it's possible to plant images and suggestions into the sub concience to influence your decision to his favour. So what good is it if you don't notice it? Answer is how can you tell you didnt notice it?

This clip should explain more

Thanks
Lee

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by slylee

That video reminds me of one about neuro-linguistic programming, where very subtle verbal cues influence people, on the first watching they are almost impossible to detect.

I totally agree that if you're not looking for something, or don't know what you're looking for, you won't see it. It's been proven that the subconscious mind processes stimuli that the conscious never even notices.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I wonder if you could set up a test somehow, get the people who didnt see the bear first time. Show them 3 pictures one a cat dog bear and see which they pick? I'd be interested in the results might be interesting... Fact might go get some family victims lol.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Thats a pretty cool video. I gotta admit I didn't see the moon walking Sasquatch and I was pretty shocked when it asked if I saw it.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

Just got two of my cousins, none of them saw it first time, to see there shock is cool. They even made me take it back to prove he was there the first time.

top topics

join