It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So how is John Mccain different from Bush???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Well I got to thinking about it...

Obama is certainly very different

Barr is certainly very different

Nader is certainly very different

But Mccain???

Iraqi war - I do not see a difference
Taxes - I do not see a difference
Iran? - I'm not even sure
Healthcare- I see little difference
political tone- I see no difference as of today...
abortion- I'm not sure where he stands anymore
supreme court- I do not see a difference
immigration - I do not see a difference
terrorism -I do not see a difference
education- I do not see a difference
environment - I do not see a difference
Government spending - I see a difference
diplomatic stuff -I see a difference
critical infrastructure- I see no difference
Afghanistan - I see no difference

Anyhow I often watch Mccains recent stumps and interviews...
Maybe I am wrong on some of these?
If I'm not, why not leave Bush in there?

You tell me...

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Mccain wants more wars and more taxes

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I cant find a diference either.. but its the lesser of two evils..

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smokinbbl
I cant find a diference either.. but its the lesser of two evils..

Your from AZ,,, How did Mccain perform in his duties IYO?
Is he a straight shooter?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

But Mccain???

You tell me...

There is a slight difference:

One is an ignoramus arrogant SOB, the other is short-fused, hot-headed, arrogant SOB...

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gateway

Originally posted by mental modulator

But Mccain???

You tell me...

There is a slight difference:

One is an ignoramus arrogant SOB, the other is short-fused, hot-headed, arrogant SOB...

Ya, I'm actually serious with this one... I really don't see much difference.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Well I have only been here for 7 years.. but from what I can tell he is a liar, and no he is not a strait shooter.. I say all this with a bitter face because I am a Republican.. I do not like, nor trust Mccain.. however being in the military.. I know he will be good for me.. just like Bush was!

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   

To answer your question honestly, no there is not much difference between the two. Both foreign and domestic policy is the same.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Well I have only been here for 7 years.. but from what I can tell he is a liar, and no he is not a strait shooter.. I say all this with a bitter face because I am a Republican.. I do not like, nor trust Mccain.. however being in the military I know he will be good for me.. just like Bush was!

Thanks for being straight...

What kinds of things did Bush do ( I'm not in the military )?

I have only heard bad things, closing VA's, cutting benefits, etc..., but I'm certain that is not the case on everything, care to enlighten me?

oh and I also understand that a lot of military are REP,,, could you explain why???

Thanks

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Well I cant explain why most military is Republican. but I can explain why I am..

I am big on gun rights.. and thats the main reason why I am republican. there are not to many dems that are pro-gun..

I would have to say that a lot of military members are southern boys, or fit the discription. I am not saying that most of the people that join the military are from the south.. just that the have the same mind set, they like guns, they like hunting, the like the freedoms that America represents. most city people are(what can you do for me!) most country people are (What can I do for you!)

Bush did a lot for the military pay.. I would have to say that the GI bil has almost doubled sence Bush came in to office, and Bush has made it a priority to Pay us corectly. before the militarygot paid below the average
household.. we still are below average, but I have seen atleast a 40% raise in 8 years!

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Well I cant explain why most military is Republican. but I can explain why I am..

I am big on gun rights.. and thats the main reason why I am republican. there are not to many dems that are pro-gun..

I would have to say that a lot of military members are southern boys, or fit the discription. I am not saying that most of the people that join the military are from the south.. just that the have the same mind set, they like guns, they like hunting, the like the freedoms that America represents. most city people are(what can you do for me!) most country people are (What can I do for you!)

Bush did a lot for the military pay.. I would have to say that the GI bil has almost doubled sence Bush came in to office, and Bush has made it a priority to Pay us corectly. before the militarygot paid below the average
household.. we still are below average, but I have seen atleast a 40% raise in 8 years!

Heck well good on Bush! I did not know that... I almost joined up... On sept 11 2001 -

Funny enough my high a school friend was a marine recruiter and he was going to try to get me the maximum signing bonus + a cheating messed up girlfriend inspired me to leave my "life" behind. I had made an appointment for the afternoon of the 11th but as we all know... Believe it or not my friend had told me to wait at least a month longer that Aug because he heard some crap may be coming down which deterred me for a good while... I was spared from??? I did ( still do ) want to serve my country but I think I could become a "monster" because of my personality... I do not like death but I might enjoy the act of killing... I'm glad I do have to find that out yet...

Anyhow I'm a Lib and I have no problem with guns as long as they are not being used by idiots... Thats probably the extent of my "rightness".... Oh and I could go for way better border security and rewriting NAFTA ( although I am not sure if being anti NAFTA is A REP or CON trait?)!

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I think McCain's a bit more liberal than Bush.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
I think McCain's a bit more liberal than Bush.

Well at least we can agree on that!
As far as actual positions?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Personally, I see no actual appreciable difference. What I do see however, is the fact that his campaign has made it a priority to draw flak from that by poking at Obama through ridiculous allegations. That for me was the nail in the coffin for the argument of "McCain is Bush's third term", same policies, same thought process, same screwed up logic, not what this country needs.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   

I hope you know that George Bush originally opposed the 21st Century GI Bill and threatened to veto it...he only signed it because it passed with a veto proof margin. Senator Jim Webb (Democrat from Virginia, also a Vietnam vet) deserves literally all, 100%, of the credit for getting the legislation passed. He wrote it and worked extremely hard to do so.

It's worth noting that John McCain opposed the bill but ultimately didn't even vote on it while Barack Obama voted for it too.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
They are both trained killers.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by nxcbfm]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
McCain fell for the Global Warming Hoax, Bush didn't.

McCain likes to pander to Democrats, Bush doesn't.

McCain is a negotiator, Bush is a leader. (Policy)

McCain isn't even close to Bush. Any comparison of McCain to Bush should be considered a compliment.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
excellent question!
i really dont know,
he is older? he has a diffrent first name? he actually served in vietnam?
other than that not too much!

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde
I hope you know that George Bush originally opposed the 21st Century GI Bill and threatened to veto it...he only signed it because it passed with a veto proof margin. Senator Jim Webb (Democrat from Virginia, also a Vietnam vet) deserves literally all, 100%, of the credit for getting the legislation passed. He wrote it and worked extremely hard to do so.

It's worth noting that John McCain opposed the bill but ultimately didn't even vote on it while Barack Obama voted for it too.

VERY important paragraph here!
One of endless things Bush and McCain have in common is LIP SERVICE in supporting the troops. They talk all day about it, but when it comes to taking care of the troops AFTER they've USED them, they both spit the troops out like chewed tobacco.

A vote for McCain is a vote for 4 (or 8) more years of Bush policy. 100% guaranteed.
A vote for Obama is a good chance that things will change for the better.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
McCain is no different than Bush neither is Obama,Clinton,Pelosi,or most Republicans or democrats.You think they are different(Bush,Obama) because of the things they give lip service to.Bush wants to destroy your fourth amendment rights and Obama votes yes?Pelosi talks a completly different agenda than Bush yet she blocks impeachment?So think about it the difference between McCain and Obama is McCain is a continuing puppet for Lockeed Martin and Obama is Boeings puppet.Almost all dems or repubs are corporate controled doesn't take much more than common sence to see that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join