It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eagle Eye : What Would You Do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I've seen the movie trailer for "Eagle Eye" several times now, with and without people, and talked to them about how this is one of those types of things where the Government will push someone to do something in order to make an innocent person turn into the potential Timothy McVeigh (example with him, not that's what happened to him) and we've had some interesting conversations based on that premise.

For those of you who have not seen the movie trailer, I'm going to post it here, you watch it, and let's see where it goes from there.

Eagle Eye : Movie Trailer

In case that trailer doesn't work, here's a YouTube one :

So, after having watched the trailers there, what would you do?

I'm phrasing this in the philosophical and psychological sense here.

Would you take the cash from the ATM on steriods?

Would let them arrest you?

Would you jump from the building as per orders of someone you do not know?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I would roll over and die probably, i mean if you goverment with all it's resources and experience goes against you and sets you up there is not anything much you could do without some kind of organisation behind you to even out the playingfield.

The ony thing i can think of is when my ATM is going to puke out money like that i would get as much as i can, throw away my mobile phone, get in a cab and go as far away as possible and try to life of the grid , eventhough there is about much of a chance i would make it as there would be a chance of knocking through a concrete wall with only your head as a tool and survive. Although my family, friends and colleagues could be a alibi for 98% of my time in case of court.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by Harman]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

Interesting answer there, Harman. When I was watching the movie trailer each time I saw it, the first thing that came to mind was how many people would automatically see cash and think "set for life."

I'm going to wait to give the answers of what I would do until more people have had a chance to answer.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
reply to post by Harman

Interesting answer there, Harman. When I was watching the movie trailer each time I saw it, the first thing that came to mind was how many people would automatically see cash and think "set for life."

Well in any case i wouldn't think that because i don't buy tickets for the lottery or something so my first thought would be 'hm, mistake at the bank' I would call the bank and explain it, if it's legit money i would be more at ease but still not trust it completely. And without having seen the clip i would do the roll over and die thing, better luck next time. But after seeing the clip i would run like the wind.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Harman

Most people forget that all ATM's have a video camera watching the transactions for legal reasons. In case there's a customer robbed, as well as in case the ATM does exactly what the one in the movie does, so they know who to send the Police after once it happens.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I'd know something was up when the ATM started spewing money out! I don't have that kind of money. I'd gather it all up in front of the witnesses, count it, and try to get as many names as possible.

If I had a cell phone, I'd call the cops, and have them accompany me to the bank to return it. A signed receipt verifying that it had all been returned would be requested.

Would I let them arrest me? What option would you have? To resist would just get you another charge and possibly tazed. Resistence in this case would definitely be futile.

I'd never jump off a building for anyone as I suffer from acrophobia. Climbing on my own roof to do repairs is nerve wracking enough for me; I'd have no choice but to stand my ground.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Interesting thought there, going to the role of the "Good Samaritan" and returning the cash is an option. The question I ask to you in return, is how would you get everyone standing in line to cooperate with you, since statistically speaking there will be at least one out of ten people who will argue that you should take the money, or if you won't, that you should let them take it.

I can understand the answer to letting them arrest you, most people would react that way, and I respect your choice there. A lot of people might react differently and there is that option there as well.

Fear of heights is a valid reason for not wanting to jump from the height of the building they show within the movie previews. Quick question for you though, since I'm hoping you watched the movie clips I provided, would you think about the height that much, if put into all aspects of the scenario as the movie demonstrates?

I can only answer for what I would do. I got into instant survival mentality, personally.

I'm going to wait until more people have a chance to answer, before I go fully into what I would do.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I wouldn't return the money simply because I'm a good samaritan, I'd return the money simply out of fear of being prosecuted. Even if the accounting mistake was theirs, you still can be prosecuted for taking it and spending it.

All I'd want from the witnesses would be there names, not their opinions. I'd be the one responsible for paying it back when the mistake was discovered. If they wouldn't give me their names, I'd use the cops as witnesses.

Resisting arrest is a no-win situation. Even if you have done nothing, by resisting, you have then committed a real crime that they can prosecute you for. It's a no-win situation.

I did watch the clips, and even under those circumstances, I wouldn't jump. My fear of height is too overpowering for me to even consider it as an option. If I truly believed they intended to kill me, I'd resist to the best of my ability, and let the chips fall where they may.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I hope you didn't take offense to the comment about "Good Samaritan" there, it wasn't said in the derogatory sense, more of the perspective of what it would be seen as from other people's perspective.

When I referenced people not cooperating, I would see they might just get violent, and or begin grabbing the money. When it comes to most people when money comes into play, greed is a strong motivator.

I can understand the heights being a situational aspect that would make you hesitate.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

No offense taken. I'd probably make a similar comment if it happened to someone else.
Money does bring out the bad side of people, but as you said the ATM camera would be my witness in that case unless the bank was in on the conspiracy too.

I can't say if I were truly frightened enough I would never consider jumping, but sitting here in the safety of my home, in front of my keyboard, I can honestly say it would be a last option.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I'm liking all the different choices I'm seeing to this interesting question I've posed for ATS'ers. Let's keep this rolling.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'd take all the money I could grab but the last place I would go is home. I'd go straight to the airport and wave goodbye to that country forever.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sc2099
I'd take all the money I could grab but the last place I would go is home. I'd go straight to the airport and wave goodbye to that country forever.

Interesting answer you picked there, but would you have your passport on you already?

Most people keep their passports at home, and as well as that, what if they're watching for your passport to pop up?

I'll keep this rolling, I've got a lot more to put into this, but I want to see how other people answer.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

My passport is always on me

Never Unprepared.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'd pretty much wet my pants and ball up into a fetal position, sobbing uncontrollably. I don't know.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sc2099

My passport is always on me

Never Unprepared.

Always be prepared.
You'd like the Boy Scout thread I did on the Survival Forum.

Boy Scouts : International : Survival : All Scouting Organizations

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
I'd pretty much wet my pants and ball up into a fetal position, sobbing uncontrollably. I don't know.

You're not much of a survivalist, are you? I guess they would get you quick.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

top topics

join