It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking : American army morality

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Originally posted by re22666
American Soldiers kill in war, not murder...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

really?

Sorry, pumpkin. Youtube videos aren't showing here. And when you close with and engage the enemy, it's killing, not murder.

well the last video is quite sarcastic as it backs your point. watch the first two, find them. you are right. unfortunately what is shown is not engagement with the enemy. it is murder of civillians. but thanks anyway.

and here i went and took it back out because i thought, hmmm maybe the people i am aiming for just wont be bright enough to see the irony. apparently you cannot even click a link. they play just fine for me.

[edit on 8/2/2008 by re22666]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Solo1, Re22666, Vasilis Azoth, etc:

Have any of you actually been in the military? Or are your opinions of the military only formed by youtube, the movies, and the Xbox?

If you had been, you'd know that your opinions are a bit on the flawed side. Yes, I know, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it pains me to see who don't have a clue about what they are talking about spouting off about war, combat, killing, etc, like they actually had a frame of reference to base it on.

Simply put, you don't murder the enemy in combat, you kill them. In fact, troops can be charged with murder if they do such a thing in a combat zone.

Guys in Iraq aren't raping and murdering everyone in sight without a care in the world. Sorry if you believe that, but you're wrong if you do.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

apparently you cannot even click a link. they play just fine for me.

Did you ever stop to think that the computer system I'm on might just block any videos from being played. Stupid IT department.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
i guess what you need to understand is the difference between murder and engaging the enemy.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

and what about that puppy? was that the enemy? did it engage the soldiers? or who cares, its just a dog?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Solo1, Re22666, Vasilis Azoth, etc:

Have any of you actually been in the military? Or are your opinions of the military only formed by youtube, the movies, and the Xbox?

If you had been, you'd know that your opinions are a bit on the flawed side. Yes, I know, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it pains me to see who don't have a clue about what they are talking about spouting off about war, combat, killing, etc, like they actually had a frame of reference to base it on.

Simply put, you don't murder the enemy in combat, you kill them. In fact, troops can be charged with murder if they do such a thing in a combat zone.

Guys in Iraq aren't raping and murdering everyone in sight without a care in the world. Sorry if you believe that, but you're wrong if you do.

i love how you assume i am not military because i do not agree with you. in COMBAT, ENGAGEMENT is NOT murder
a soldier just killing someone for no reason...
that is still murder in a time of war or not
and RAPE is always RAPE
there is NO justification for that during wartime is there????????

and if you cant get youtube videos, dont say they aint playin here. say i cannot get them. go home, watch the soldiers testimonies about MURDER of INNOCENT CIVILIANS and then get back to me.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

i guess what you need to understand is the difference between murder and engaging the enemy.

and what about that puppy? was that the enemy? did it engage the soldiers? or who cares, its just a dog?

Well, I can base my statements on killing the enemy on fact. How about you?

Oh, the infamous puppy video. I think that ass-hat got his butt nailed to the floor boards for his actions, and rightly so.

I think this thread was about the harming of humans, tho. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Murder rape looting

America your legacy is over the world now wants answers

These criminals turned a cake walk into a blood bath because they were told to
protract the war anyway possible.

The British were caught red handed dressed in Arab clothing carry IED's

[edit on 2-8-2008 by solo1]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

please remind me where i said everyone is doing it to everyone. all i said is pretending it is NOT happening at all is ignorant, blind, and NOT helping AMERICA at all. do not put words in my mouth. do not assume thing you could just ask. and do not confuse engagement and murder. a time of war, a warzone, do not make everyone that is not you the enemy, and does not mean anytime you see each other it is engagement.

you forget, there needs to be an enemy and engagement for it to be wartime killing
just shooting the people we are supposedly protecting for fun, that is MURDER. watch the videos. then i will hear anything else you have.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Well, I can base my statements on killing the enemy on fact. How about you?

Oh, the infamous puppy video. I think that ass-hat got his butt nailed to the floor boards for his actions, and rightly so.

I think this thread was about the harming of humans, tho. Thanks for sharing!

by your standard of retard ethics the Jewish people suffered only a war time event it was all ok that they were rounded up and systematically shot
this is what has happened in Iraq.
ARe you all there friend I mean you must be a drugs or something

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

i love how you assume i am not military because i do not agree with you. in COMBAT, ENGAGEMENT is NOT murder
a soldier just killing someone for no reason...
that is still murder in a time of war or not
and RAPE is always RAPE
there is NO justification for that during wartime is there????????

and if you cant get youtube videos, dont say they aint playin here. say i cannot get them. go home, watch the soldiers testimonies about MURDER of INNOCENT CIVILIANS and then get back to me.

Nope, I assume you're not in the military because you're making some off the mark statements.

Do civilians get killed in combat. Yes, and it's unfortunate. US troops don't go out and engage them on purpose for no reason.

I don't think that any general order given out OK'd such things as rape. Rape is rape, and is punished under the UCMJ. Maybe you want to read that and get back to me.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by solo1

Looks like the US Army is not alone. Read on...Rape Cases Shake Up The Army In Canada
- New York Times query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0DEED91630F935A25754C0A96E958260 - 35k

Or this one... Disciplinary charges soar since the push into Afghanistan Military charges against Canadian Forces members have risen dramatically in the years ... Courts martial for sexual assault, for example, increased from one ...
www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/story/2008/07/21/f-militarycharges.html -

And now those nasty Canadians are raping afghan children... Sketchy Thoughts: Canadian Troops Complicit in Rape of Afghan ChildrenJun 18, 2008 ... Canadian soldiers serving in Afghanistan have been ordered by commanding officers "to ignore" incidents of sexual assault among the civilian ...
sketchythoughts.blogspot.com/2008/06/canadian-troops-complicit-in-rape-of.html - 92k -

Do you see how easy it is to point fingers? Just remember, when you point a finger at someone, you're pointing three right back at yourself.

[edit on 8/2/2008 by TheRooster]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

What is the saddest part of this war was that DEm REp Martha (a veteran and war hero)warned them to retreat back to the afghan boarder and all of the politicians drowned him out
Even the politicians wanted to protect their investments in the Industrial war Complex and make the war a protracted war of terror and not on terror.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by solo1
by your standard of retard ethics the Jewish people suffered only a war time event it was all ok that they were rounded up and systematically shot
this is what has happened in Iraq.
ARe you all there friend I mean you must be a drugs or something

Wow, I was wonder why it was taking so long to get to some sort of Nazi reference.

I'm not sure when we started to chat about the Jewish people in WW2, but I'll give it a shot (so to speak).

So, you're under the impression that US troops are rounding up people, sticking them in concentration camps that have big signs over them that say, "Arbeit Macht Frei" and shooting them.

Are you on drugs? Where are you getting this info?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Do civilians get killed in combat. Yes, and it's unfortunate. US troops don't go out and engage them on purpose for no reason.

I don't think that any general order given out OK'd such things as rape. Rape is rape, and is punished under the UCMJ. Maybe you want to read that and get back to me.

let me say this again. watch the videos. watch the soldiers do these things. watch the soldiers talk about doing these things. you do assume alot and i cano only now assume you have no real association with the military or you would not try to cover up the fact that soldiers do and have gone out and purposely killed innocent civillians for fun. if you dont believe me, then just keep your head in the sand where it is. or you can look into it, watch the videos, oh and talk to anyone that has actually served in war. even the best soldier will tell you he knows this DOES happen, however rarely they may have seen it. that fact that you keep trying to deny it when the evidence is all over this page as well as the fact that it is just the expansion of a longtime practice. but hey, far be it for me for facts and proof and true military personnel's own words to contradict you. you seem to know better than us.

ps "these things" refers to going out and killing innocent civillians for no reason, just in case you did not understand the first 4 or 5 times i tried to say it and you seem to gloss over that i said it happens and just go back to stating "yeah but it doesnt." say it over and over, louder and louder. it just may become true.

[edit on 8/2/2008 by re22666]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

What is the saddest part of this war was that DEm REp Martha (a veteran and war hero)warned them to retreat back to the afghan boarder and all of the politicians drowned him out

Murtha? Isn't he being taken to court for defamation of a Marine NCO he falsely accused of murder and war crimes?

Sadly, somewhere in that douchebag lies the dead soul of a decorated combat Marine. I hope he regrets his statements and it ends up haunting him on his deathbed.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
good, you have found a suitable distraction to use your circular "logic" to run everywhere but the truth or the point of the OP. you minimized rape with statisitics. face up to that. tell us that you think rape is ok, sometimes. given the number of penises to vaginas and all its just one of those things. lets get back to that.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
no they rounded up and tortured them, that has been proven
I am refering to you, and your ethics, of its ok to shoot jews in the streets during war time just because they are Jews.

*** substitute any ethnicity for Jews ***

I see l a Neocon Zionist a mile away by their hate but when you substitute them in the place of others boy do they get rattled

As a Canadian I can be forgiven my spelling of Murtha as Martha what is your excuse for being a human being and not know the difference between murder and war?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

if you dont believe me, then just keep your head in the sand where it is. or you can look into it, watch the videos, oh and talk to anyone that has actually served in war. even the best soldier will tell you he knows this DOES happen, however rarely they may have seen it. that fact that you keep trying to deny it when the evidence is all over this page as well as the fact that it is just the expansion of a longtime practice. but hey, far be it for me for facts and proof and true military personnel's own words to contradict you. you seem to know better than us.

If it were true, the soldiers that killed civilians with no justification, just outright murdered the people, would be in confinement awaiting a trial and sentencing. How come these guys confessing on youtube aren't (if that's what's going on. I love having sources I can't see)? Last time I checked, there's no statue of limitations on murder, regardless of where and when it was committed.

And you know something, I don't have to watch a youtube video to see what's happening in Iraq. I've been there. How about you?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

no they rounded up and tortured them, that has been proven
I am refering to you, and your ethics, of its ok to shoot jews in the streets during war time just because they are Jews.

*** substitute any ethnicity for Jews ***

I see l a Neocon Zionist a mile away by their hate but when you substitute them in the place of others boy do they get rattled

As a Canadian I can be forgiven my spelling of Murtha as Martha what is your excuse for being a human being and not know the difference between murder and war?

You can call Murtha anything you want. As far as I'm concerned, he's a scumbag politician. If you want to join the "Murtha is a jerk" bandwagon, I'll make sure there's a seat up here for you with me!

Ok, I think my brain just crashed. "Not know the difference between murder and war"? If I remember correctly, that's what I've been posting for the past half hour. You kill the enemy in combat, you don't murder him.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
then you you believe all the people in Iraq is your enemy and should be shot
regardless of the situation.

That clears it up !
by your standard the Nazis did the right thing to round up the Jews the poles and the rest of humanity left in Germany and shoot them.

I beg to differ

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join