It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking : American army morality

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It should be said that the sexual assault numbers are inflated as they reflect the total complaints made.

I am in no way defending the actions of anyone who commits a sexual assault or a rape. I am just pointing out that the reporting system for sexual assault is set up in a way that allows the system to be abused by the "victim."

For instance, in my unit there was a female soldier that had made 3 false sexual assault claims. Every time it was determined that she and the persons accused were out in a bar or club drinking having a good time and led to sex back in the living quarters and she just regretted it the next morning. The system does not allow the unit to punish her for making these false claims and potentially ruining the career of the accused.

With that said I would also like to say that i have seen or heard of many legitimate cases. I also think that the military needs to take more aggresive steps to combat this such as lengthy jail terms.

Do not even try to link all members of the military as rapists. Many of us, myself included, would drag these lowlifes out to a conex and beat the everliving piss out of them.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smokinbbl

I apologize for this post.. I got heated last night, and I am sorry if I offended anyone!

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I was a military wife for 22 years until my husband retired as a marine, this type of "incidents" were happening even in the housing areas that I was living at during my marine wife years.

Rape has always been a disease of society no matter if it in the military or the civilian world.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Rape has always been a disease of society no matter if it in the military or the civilian world.

You're exactly right. Unfortunately, people are shocked when they hear about it happening in the military, yet when it happens next door, they don't bat an eye.

The military society is the same as the civilian world. You have your good guys, bad guys, etc.

They ought to think about this: Why should I fight for civilians in my country that rape, rob, and torture each other for the shoes off their feet or their cell phones?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by solo1

Blah, blah, blah, These people are trained to kill, of course they aren't going to live by your morals, this thread is stupid, military are military. They do their job and they do it to the best of their abilities, so what if a few innocents are killed, raped or dare I say it... bullied!!! Your way of life is safe so back off, I wonder what the world would be like with todays PC bull# in WW2?? I'm sure a whole lot of people where raped and killed, but had you smashed their moral to the level that todays troops have to absorb then the war would be lost.

Just go back to your day job and they'll go back to theirs

[edit] forgot to dot the i's and cross the t's

[edit on 2/8/2008 by spitefulgod]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by LateApexer313
You know what makes me sick about a thread like this? To name a few things...how about Al Queda dragging the corpses of our soldiers through the streets of Iraq, burned, battered and tortured?

When did Al Queda do that? Source please.

Unless you are referring to Fallujah...a few years back. That was not Al Queda. And they were NOT soldiers they were mercinaries told NOT to go into that area. But regardless, don't worry the U.S. got even, they took over and blew up every house worth looking at, hey they even shot the dogs and cats.

Unless you are referring to another situation where the corpses of U.S. soldiers were "dragged through the streets". I only recall Somalia.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by Sonya610]

I think he's referring to whatever he saw on the last Micheal Moore documentary he watched.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by solo1

They lost their morality, the day, they decided to join forces with the Zionist Deception....now they are even worse than the Zionist Butchers.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dubyakadubla
They lost their morality, the day, they decided to join forces with the Zionist Deception....now they are even worse than the Zionist Butchers.

Nah, I never had a sense of Morality or shame prior to joining the military.

That way, all my other senses were much more keener.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Ummm... what exactly are you talking about? The US military is the most self-restrained, moral, heavily armed force on the planet.

As far as I have reserached our military does not do the following:

1. chop the enemy into pieces when they are captured (rag-head in M.E. do this)
2. execute prisoners by chopping the heads off (rag-head in M.E. do this)
3. sell children as sex slaves (UN in Africa does this)
4. take monetary bribes from crime-lord and drug-lord (mexican, central and south american armies take bribes all the time)

This is just a small list, there are a lot more nations's military's that are corrupt and messed up then ours. The only problem our military has are those men/women in our military who would gladly go out and round up their fellow citizens and confiscate our privately owned weapons.

-Euclid

Originally posted by solo1
Morality is something that underpins Humanity.
when you lose it,your humanity is lost.
America's armed forces are not moral they have proven it from time to time
over and over again. This may reflect on Americans in general their humanity may well have gone down the drain.

As bob Dylan's song goes

My sense of Humanity has gone down the drain
every beautiful thing has seen some kind of pain
every bone in my body do so vacant and numb
I don't even know what it is I came here to get away from
I don't see why I should even care
it's not Dark yet but it's getting there

Sexual assault in military 'jaw-dropping,' lawmaker says
www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Those were not U.S. Soldiers dragged through the streets of Iraq,but Blackwater Mercenaries. My heart does not bleed for Mercs. Two Delta Force operators were dragged through the streets of Mogadishu in 1993. If there ever was an award given that was higher than the Medal of Honor then those two Delta Operators would be first in line to receive it. Those men were the truest of heroes and exemplified the finest traditions of the United States Army.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
With the current situation, the government has had to lower it's standards dramatically. Gang members and other low life criminals are now admitted into the military when they would not be allowed to join previously.

Shame on the so called good men in service for not sticking up and protecting the females. If I knew someone in my unit had raped somebody of the same unit I would shoot them myself. Ditto with known gang members.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by groingrinder]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Nice stereotype there by the OP. Just because Hitler was a mass murdering freak pshyco does not make all germans the same. I spent 21 years in the military and I can tell you 99.9% have higher morals than the majority of the U.S. population.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Well if you don't like threads like this, don't read them. Take a pill and for God's sake try to regain a sense of morality.
Your kind of thinking is destroying our country, I'll pray for you.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This is rich. I bet ya the majority of the folks in this thread who post negatively about our troops morals never served a second in their life. If ya did you would know that 99.9% of of our troops have higher morality than the majority of the U.S. citizens. There are always bad apples of course. Those usually get the most attention, as evident by this post. 10 bad troops out of 200k+ cannot be used as a measuring stick for everyone.

Keep the stereotypes down to a minimum.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Morality is in the eyes of the accusers not the actores. It's easy to analyze from the outside and deduce what should or could have been done differently but entierly different story to make the call on the groung under fire. Rape/murder/killing innocents never have a place in war but sadly its in the ultimate act of war that the bottom of all that is bad comes to the surface. In war everything that is wrong or evil seems normal and acceptable. take any soldier out of the war zone and they would be able to tell you that shooting at a bus full of people or randomly straiffing animals is wrong. Put the same kid in a war zone and month after month of killing and being shot at and seeing his friends die and the hopelessness surrounding it and something abhorant seems normal. Does it make it morally accipatable, no but it does explain why it happens. War is abhorant and absurb and in that all else becaomes the same.Morality is a view inside the window from the outside...

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
With the current situation, the government has had to lower it's standards dramatically. Gang members and other low life criminals are now admitted into the military when they would not be allowed to join previously.

Shame on the so called good men in service for not sticking up and protecting the females. If I knew someone in my unit had raped somebody of the same unit I would shoot them myself. Ditto with known gang members.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by groingrinder]

Gang members who actively seek out military service must be made of different fiber than the general populous of gang members. Since those supposed "lowlifes" arn't being drafted, they must have volunteered, therefore meaning they have had a change of heart and attitude. Everyone deserves a second chance. Just because they have a bad background does not mean they arn't redeemable. Look at the comedian Tim Allen, he was in prision for manslaughter. You think he is a moral inbread incapabie of compassion or rational thought?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Most of the women in the military I know would kick your ass if you tried anything.
They don't need anyone to protect them.

And about the gang members: I wish I could remember the guys name, but there was some gangbanger from LA that went into the Marine Corps. In his interview, he said if he could go back in time, he'd kick his own ass.

In Iraq, he took over for his wounded squad leader and was awarded the Navy Cross, second highest decoration a Marine could get, for his actions in the fight.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Who will rape the enemy even their own fellow woman soldiers will be raped
murdering the unarmed citizens
and probably murdering their own fellow soldiers.
torture civilians and laugh while they do it
This is not the mighty American army you would need a draft for that to materialize
this is the army of persons who sign up to kill for money hit men and gangsters
a very big difference

Here is a news flash for you. I work and help (In my own small way) train these so called rapists and gang members as you call them. I have looked into their eyes and seen their faces as they undergo training prior to their going overseas. They do not torture civilians. They do not kill each other. These are not hit men. These are not gangsters. These are young men and women who voluntarily join. These are not draftees. I don't know how you see fit to judge these people whom you have painted with such a wide brush. Like any part of society there are going to be good and bad.

Please tell me how you came to have such intimate knowledge of how these so-called "gangsters" think and act? Do you work with them? I do. Like I have said and I'll repeat I work with and have looked into the eyes and faces of these people. I do not see an army of Gangsters, paid Hitmen, torturers and rapists. And oh yes, I am also a veteran who served in that very Armed force that you have described as "Gangsters".

Edited to add:

By the way, I've re-read the article that was written and noticed one thing. The 40% is at one hospital, NOT military wide. VA medical systems typically cluster same type of treatment in one or two locals. For example I know of two Programs dealing with Sexual assault in the VA system specializing in treatment of assault victims. One is located in Texas (Temple) and the other in California (Palo Alto). How do I know this? A friend of mine recently underwent treatment for something that occurred 20 years ago. Therefore depending on where you look if you you could find such rather inflated numbers. I agree that one assault is too much but I don't think that there is a massive breakdown in Morality in the military.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by Deson]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
There are always going to be some bad Apples. Bleeding heart Liberals will take one incident and magnify it to gigantic proportions. If that isn't enough, numbers are always greatly exaggerated by these same people.

You'll often here "The US has killed millions of Iraqis". At first, Saddam made this huge exaggeration through the Oil for Food scandal which the UN, Germany, Russia and France were all getting large financial kickbacks from.

It was Saddam and his regime that took the money that was to go to the people in Iraq for food and medicine, but instead pocketed it and gave kickbacks. He then said the US had killed "Over 500,000 Iraqi Children".

What a load of BS - start looking at facts and how the real world works instead of believing everything everyone tells you and because it presses an emotional button.

It's called Psychological warfare .. that is to exaggerate numbers and make your enemy seem evil in the public eye.

[edit on 2-8-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join