It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking : American army morality

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willbert
Says who!?!?

You sir and those in the military do not represent!

The US military does represent the US. We are usually the first American citizens a lot of countries see, either wartime or doing some sort of humanitarian mission.

Originally posted by Willbert You do as you're told!

Well, sort of. It's called "taking orders" but troops aren't robots.

Originally posted by Willbert Are we seeing an example of god complex in those who think because they have a license to kill they are above all else?

Step down and know your place sir.

You accuse someone of having a "God Complex", yet then say, "step down and know your place". Look who's sporting the "God Complex".

Thanks for the laughs. I love when someonet that's not a US Citizen makes judgments on US troops.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willbert

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
Besides the fact that we're supposed to be the ones that represent our country.

Says who!?!?

You sir and those in the military do not represent!

You do as you're told!

You were not elected by the people.

Are we seeing an example of god complex in those who think because they have a license to kill they are above all else?

Step down and know your place sir.

You are nothing more then disposable soldiers who follow blindly what your commands wish you to do. Nothing more and nothing less.

Thanks for putting a smile on my face thinking your all that...

yay another moron and another idiotic post address the issue at hand people... and just to clear this up anyone who dawns the flag or military uniform or goes to the olympics or is on international news represent america soldiers have a public face that does represent the us wherever they go yes they follow orders thats there job but they also represent our nation and do a damn fine job if you ask me some soldiers are bad people some cops are bad people some priests are bad people some journalists are bad people there are bad people in every institution and must be dealt with accordingly and they all good and bad represent america you saying dude is full of himself was ignorant he wasnt playing himself up he was playing down the unjust hatred of american military and from what i can tell from all these anti american posts the american public aswell and as for you persoanlly your just as disposable as any soldier and saying he is disposable is dispicable what about his family, his friends, no person should be viewed as disposable and your lack of respect will not garner respect for you

[edit on 6-8-2008 by constantwonder]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Depleted Uranium

There is nothing 'depleted' about depleted uranium. It gives off ionizing radiation which damages DNA and genes. The damage can be seen most readily with cells that are dividing and growing rapidly-like those in a human embryo. The deliberate decision to employ DU munitions is a crime against humanity, as the aftermath of DU dispersion was surely known to Pentagon planners. The intention was both genocidal and political in nature.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dubyakadubla

Depleted Uranium

I'm sorry, and this had what to do with the topic at hand, which was the rape of female US soldiers by male US soldiers?

Just wondering.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

In the military, we need female doctors, nurses, data personnel, communications personnel, and similar non-combat related specialties, but under no circumstances should a woman be anywhere in a combat influenced area.

There is one set of physical fitness standards for men, and a different standard for women. No, no, no! Standards are standards! We on't need women driving trucks in combat zones, or wearing Airborne wings! You have to be ****ing me!

Now we've all know some ugly-faced short-haired corn-fed women who could throw a 300-pound bouncer through the front window, out belch a beer-drinking rugby team, out-fart leather-faced campfire, bean-eating cowboys, out-spit the White Sox, and out-cuss first-generation longshoremen, but I certainly don't want to be stuck in combat with a woman.

Women who are taken prisoner will provide unnecessary leverage against other decent male prisoners. What if she is a mom to boot? Our enemies look upon women with contempt. Thus, they will especially treat female military prisoners with extreme contempt.

So, if I get shot and need to be dragged or carried to safety, is sugar-pants going to have the upper body strength to carry me and my weapon - without breaking a nail?

No, but I can tell you what I can depend on. Every month a little problem comes along, and without proper bathing facilities things get really ripe really fast!

No. Women can do a lot of things. Many things better than a man. But not in a combat zone.

And to the turdnuggets who think the military is some kind of machine, killing for the hell of it - you don't know anything about it. Not one of you has ever been in face to face combat. And it is my sincere hope that you know as much about fornicating, as I'd hate the thought of you reproducing.

Your comments make as much sense as me analyzing and commenting on the classical influence during the early days of the Rennaisance. I don't know anything about it, but at least I know what I don't know!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

No, but I can tell you what I can depend on. Every month a little problem comes along, and without proper bathing facilities things get really ripe really fast!

Dude, can you imagine a dozen pissed off female soldiers on ambush during "that time of the month"? No one is walking out of that ambush alive!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Are you sure it is Al Quieda doing those things? Maybe it is the family of the farmer being shot at, or the civillians being gunned down as they drive. Perhaps they are the angry citizens of a country we invaded and some of our men and woman are comitting such attrocities as to give them good reason to want to kill and drag our men and women's corpses through the streets. I am not justifying terrorism but if we were not doing horrible things to innocent people, they would have no excuses at all, but we hand them right over.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorningStar8741

Are you sure it is Al Quieda doing those things? Maybe it is the family of the farmer being shot at, or the civillians being gunned down as they drive. Perhaps they are the angry citizens of a country we invaded and some of our men and woman are comitting such attrocities as to give them good reason to want to kill and drag our men and women's corpses through the streets. I am not justifying terrorism but if we were not doing horrible things to innocent people, they would have no excuses at all, but we hand them right over.

You're spewing your anger at someone who has been banned. In the future you may wish to consider your targets more carefully.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I'm so glad our soldiers are fighting for our freedoms against the Iraqis and Afghanis that hate our freedoms. Those evil terrorists must be made to pay for the crimes they committed on 911.

Thanks to all our brave men and women who fight over there so we don't have to fight them over here because we've already got enough problems with Congress openly ignoring public will on the bail-out, passing warrantless spying, turning spy satellites onto domestic territory, allowing bush to violate posse commitatus, and basically destroy all the bill of rights.

Thank you, military and law enforcement officers. I salute you!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deson
[

You're spewing your anger at someone who has been banned. In the future you may wish to consider your targets more carefully.

I am not spewing anything. I am asking a question. If it bothers you, answer it. If it does not apply to you, do not respond to it.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by solo1
Morality is something that underpins Humanity.
when you lose it,your humanity is lost.
America's armed forces are not moral they have proven it from time to time
over and over again. This may reflect on Americans in general their humanity may well have gone down the drain.

As bob Dylan's song goes

My sense of Humanity has gone down the drain
every beautiful thing has seen some kind of pain
every bone in my body do so vacant and numb
I don't even know what it is I came here to get away from
I don't see why I should even care
it's not Dark yet but it's getting there

Sexual assault in military 'jaw-dropping,' lawmaker says
www.cnn.com...

Wow. Just when I thought my opinion of the American military couldn't get any lower.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Wow, this is an old thread. If you go back through the thread and read the discussions, you will see what a piece of crapola this article is. It does not report the number of sexual assult cases reported in hospitals in the civilian world. It doesn't discuss the demographics of the women being interviewed, it doesn't compare any statistics to the civilian world about the number of reports of sexual assault compared to the number of convictions, and it does not address the desparate ratio of men to women in the military that would also contribute to this factor, or take into account the stress factors of being in a combat zone, on both the odds that this would increase the number of assaults and false reporting of assaults.

This article is a tawdry hit piece written with an agenda. It disgusts me.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Wow, this is an old thread. If you go back through the thread and read the discussions, you will see what a piece of crapola this article is. It does not report the number of sexual assult cases reported in hospitals in the civilian world. It doesn't discuss the demographics of the women being interviewed, it doesn't compare any statistics to the civilian world about the number of reports of sexual assault compared to the number of convictions, and it does not address the desparate ratio of men to women in the military that would also contribute to this factor, or take into account the stress factors of being in a combat zone, on both the odds that this would increase the number of assaults and false reporting of assaults.

This article is a tawdry hit piece written with an agenda. It disgusts me.

Are you trying to say that rape is ok when there are lots of men, or when the general population does it at a higher rate? I really thought we had higher standards for the people we send over seas to sell freedom. Seriously, are you justifying rape by numbers?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Iraq never did anything to americans. How many people have america microwaved since ww2, without them doing anything to america. America is all about torture, and violence, so what gives you the right to talk about some people just trying to stick up for a country, where america had no right to be in.

Do not forget, anyone speaking out against america may be a terrorist, ffing morons, running the anglo american bull world. These guys have foked up so many countries, hardly helping any.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I'm with Morning Star on this one. It seems like you accept rape in combat situations because war is stressful. That doesn't make you look good.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Mister E]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

Not at ALL, I am saying that is extremely wrong to tar and feather the entire military for the actions of a few. That if all the facts were presented, that the incidents of sexual assault in the military are no more than the civilian populace, or if they are higher, it is because SOME people tend to act out more, and do things that they shouldn't when in extremely bad situations. Then, once again, you are blaming the entire military for the actions of a few bad apples.

You want to condemn the entire U.S. military, you need to come up with better reasons than this hack job of an article.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Oh, yeah, Iraq was such a great place before the U.S. invaded. Tell that to the Kurds Saddam gassed. No doubt Saddam and his boys are your poster childs for morality.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I guess you will have to point out just exactly where I condemned the whole or all of anything or anyone. I have never blamed anyone except for the parties responsible. I would certainly not tarnish the entire millitary name for the actions of a few. I also would not go on a paragraph long rant though explaining how that sort of thing is just bound to happen as if it is acceptable under any circumstances.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

I so pray to God that you are not in the US Military or associated with it in any way. It is ignorant people like you who give whatever organizations they are associated with a bad name. The original post was about soldiers raping fellow soldiers. Did you not understand that? Are you saying that whatever soldiers do should be OK because they are soldiers? They are called soldiers instead of gangsters for a reason. Soldiers are supposed to be tough and disciplined, not some namby pamby who cannot control themselves around women. Or some ingorant jerk off who thinks he has a license to do as he pleases because he is in a war zone.

I am editing to add that the sexual assaults against women in the military does not only occur in war zones. ALL THE US SERVICE ACADEMIES HAVE PROBLEMS WITH WOMEN BEING ASSAULTED AND THE CRIME BEING COVERED UP BY SENIOR CADETS, FACULTY, AND STAFF.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by groingrinder]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

I wrote a paragraph explaining why this article which paints the morality of U.S. soldiers as shocking is nothing but a piece of trash, that attempts to tar and feather the entire U.S. military. I think that by supporting this piece of trash article you are attempting to tar and feather the entire U.S. military.

Understanding why crime rates are higher in war zones and poverty zones is not condoning or excusing the crime, it is simply seeing the underlying causes, something which the article fails to do. The emotional grand standing that this article panders to is not something to overlook or accept. It is far too easy to throw around cheap shot accusations, and it is a very bad habit.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join