It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Testosterone

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I'm around body builders and "juicers" daily. I can honestly tell you that unless you were already a d!ck in the first place, heightened test. levels won't make you a raging lunatic. Most of those guys with "roid" rage are already a$$holes to begin with.....take it or leave it. If you have a hot temper with normal T levels then it will amplify that temper. Otherwise, there's not much to worry about......

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by Michael Paitalso testosterone is perfectly natural and i seriously doubt it will get you in fights, it will make you wonder what is wrong with people.

Testosterone is closely linked to aggression. Period. It may be "natural" but higher testosterone does affect behavior.

I am female and I have thought about taking it as an edge at work, I am in sales and would love to have the harder, push until you win attitude that many of the males have. But I realize the side-effects and risks would be too great, plus while docs can prescribe it, it would be too risky to try to buy something of that nature online without a script.

Look I was in Army, I know diffrent things affect people diffrently, Like if someone in the wrong midstate does drugs or something. When I would work out I was not aggresive I was more arrogant to others but self confident in my opinion. To me if you dont release that testosterone and world out continiously you will be alot heathier and in a better mind state. I have worked in sales a few years and I noticed that when I would wortk out before I went to work. That sometimes asking permission from a supervisor or trying to get things accomplished I was continiously pondering the idea "what the fxxx is your problem". and i do mean continiously.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
I'm around body builders and "juicers" daily. I can honestly tell you that unless you were already a d!ck in the first place, heightened test. levels won't make you a raging lunatic. Most of those guys with "roid" rage are already a$$holes to begin with.....take it or leave it. If you have a hot temper with normal T levels then it will amplify that temper. Otherwise, there's not much to worry about......
I have been to gyms all over the country and for the most part every person I have ever encountered at any fitness center has always been cool. I have taken steroids in the past and they did not make me wanna hurt anyone. They made me wanna kill myself though, not because I have emotional problems but if you only knew how white trash my family is you would wanna kill yourself too. its like the ruin the fun in everything. it otherwords testorone and steroids will make you on point and you realize what a drag everyone else is.

now my family thinks its cute to pump strange odors in the room to wear me down or mess with me. i have never heard of that before.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Michael Pait]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Michael Pait

That's pretty much how it goes. The one thing that pisses me off that the gym is when I'm in the zone, in the middle of my workout and somebody wants to come and chat with me or ask me to explain to them what they're doing wrong. My God! Saying hi, thats cool. But I don't wanna hear about what you think about Fasting Cardio or The latest Bosu ball technique while I'm trying to maximize frequency by decreasing rest between sets. I can't decrease rest if that hole in your face is running between my sets. Talk to me when I'm done.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by Michael Paitalso testosterone is perfectly natural and i seriously doubt it will get you in fights, it will make you wonder what is wrong with people.

Testosterone is closely linked to aggression. Period. It may be "natural" but higher testosterone does affect behavior.

I am female and I have thought about taking it as an edge at work, I am in sales and would love to have the harder, push until you win attitude that many of the males have. But I realize the side-effects and risks would be too great, plus while docs can prescribe it, it would be too risky to try to buy something of that nature online without a script.

Period? Really? Seems to me that a study of aggression would be entirely subjective and not scientifically sound unless you have a way to anger someone a specific amount and be able to repeat that level of anger consistently. The assumption is made based on; males are more aggressive than females and males produce significantly more testosterone than females; therefore testosterone causes aggression. Pretty weak argument.

As someone who's used anabolic steroids for years, including testosterone in doses multiple factors more than any medical study I've ever read, I can tell you that this is false. Testosterone as a cause for aggression is absolutely, 140% not true. The truth is actually 180 degrees; using testosterone in high doses causes a lifted mood and increased sense of well being.

Using testosterone for sex drive works for a while but the partial conversion to estrogen eventually will win out and you generally end up where you were in that sense. Think of it as a fixed ratio of DHT:Estrogen.

Of course while Test is the central hormone in the game, there are many other synthetic derivations that will make you quite an unpleasant person
Androgens that are more readily able to convert to DHT or others with a lower instance of estrogen or progesterone are the ticket.

I can't stress enough though, hormones do not cause people to do jack ass things; if you're a jack ass to begin with, you'll remain one. If you're not, they won't make you one. 9/10 people taking steroids, act aggressive because theyre told they should be and use it as a scape goat to be a jerk.

As for your question though, Tribulus works for some people.. Not me though. The FDA bans everything that would be useful so they can make more money classifying them as pharmaceuticals and selling them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join