It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LHC countdown along with 2008 olympic countdown

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
www.lhcountdown.com...
www.nbcolympics.com...

both clocks virtually counting down simultaneously in different time zones

just interesting to me. did some searching and didn't turn much up so hope its not a big deal.

maybe a countdown to the end of the world

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
And this has got to do with UFO's how? Am I missin something??

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
confused on where to put it sorry

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I guess not here! LOL

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Without having put to much energy into this subject here, and regardless of the fact that this topic isn't actually UFO related in any way, what are you actually trying to say here? I mean, perhaps it's just me, but I can't see any obvious connection between the two countdowns and how that should relate to anything?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
yea without trying to sound like a D, I already said that

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Ok so i guess what you are trying to say is that 8-8-08 is the end of the world for us. So doesn't this have to relate to the whole end of the world 2010 thing. Because it both has to do with China. Maybe they are gonna try to take control on everyone. I am only 16 but this really does have my interest.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Ok so i guess what you are trying to say is that 8-8-08 is the end of the world for us. So doesn't this have to relate to the whole end of the world 2010 thing. Because it both has to do with China. Maybe they are gonna try to take control on everyone. I am only 16 but this really does have my interest.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
forgive my unawareness but what is LHC and what does it have to do with anything. the most of the website linked was a giant beam of something and i tried to find info but just couldnt.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by IchooseFreewill

LHC = Large Hadron Collider It's a massive physics experiment that some people think will destroy the world. It's pretty neat - look it up.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I indeed looked it up and sounds like BS to me in my opinion it will not blow the world up, but thats from my own conclution tot he reading i am curious at what other people think.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
No coincidence the the two timers are pretty much synched - they're counting down to the same event - right?

If the LHC ends up destroying the world then I guess the Myans were wrong.

And why aren't the aliens making crop circles depicting the LHC instead of Planet-X?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I fail to see how the LHC could destroy the world. Some people watch too much TV, I swear. And besides, I think I remember reading that even after it's turned on, it will take a few weeks before anything really happens. So don't worry guys, seems we have a few weeks to live
. I suggest you use this time wisely (sarcasm).

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Just a note about LHC startup.

The big worry of everyone is not scheduled for Aug 8.
Aug 8 is when the first protons will be injected into the machine, effectively putting the machine 'online'.
The first partical collision will not happen, the best I've found, between 1 and 3 months after.

What is happening on the 8th, is tantamount to building a new engine for your car, then connecting the battery to the engine, but not turning the engine on with the key yet.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
if any blackholes are created by the LHC they will be travelling at near the speed of light hence will promptly exit the sphere of earth very quickly.but whatever path they happen to take whilst exiting earth may be devistated.

mmm france is next to switzerland......

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The LHC startup has already bagan with the cooling down process, i read somewhere that there was already an unpredictable problem during the process but for the life of me i cant remember where i saw it.

Was probably another scare tactic, but i have to admit, it does have me a little concerned, to many scientists have worries about the experiment, so much they took a petition to court to have it stopped, but i never heard the outcome, anyone know?

What worried me was one scientist involved in the project said that he wanted to find God, and thought this machine could produce what he called the God Particle, or something along those lines, they want to reproduce the universe in the nano seconds after the big bang, thing is the big bang was exactly that, and look at the destructive powers in the universe, and there is nothing to compare the big bang too.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
What worried me was one scientist involved in the project said that he wanted to find God, and thought this machine could produce what he called the God Particle, or something along those lines, they want to reproduce the universe in the nano seconds after the big bang, thing is the big bang was exactly that, and look at the destructive powers in the universe, and there is nothing to compare the big bang too.

the "god" particle is the higgs boson,it is theoriticly responsible for mass in massless elementary particles,
en.wikipedia.org...

sounds kinda funky.

[edit on 3-8-2008 by welivefortheson]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Not sure what countdown for the LHC that is....

Subject to everything proceeding as planned the LHC may begin collisions using relatively low energy (5TeV) beams towards the end of 2008.

You can find the LHC news here:

www.lhc.ac.uk...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Some of those pics look like they're building the death star. Here is the rest of the article with more images

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I watched an interview with one of the boffins on site and thing that really scared me was his statement.
"We don't even know what we don't know."
wtf if you don't know then fer fecks sake research some more before you go pissing about!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join