It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help! Possible UFO Photographs!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I frequently take sunset pictures from the beach overlooking Lake Huron, and I think I may have photographed a ufo on May 22.
I became more interested in ufos after the Edgar Mitchell thread, and I watched some videos by David Sereda. He mentioned that many people who photographed ufos did not actually see the ufo until they examined their pictures.
Today I decided to look over my sunset pictures I've been building up, and found what may be a ufo. (I kick myself thinking of all of the photos I deleted, as I usually only keep a few of the best shots of each sunset)
The original photo's are 12 megapixels but I reduced them in MS Paint for ATS upload space. I can send the originals to you if you u2u me. They were also taken with a tripod. Visit the image link to get an uncropped view.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Well, it appears to be a UFO, in that it's unidentifed. Not to derail your thread, but that same location.... y'know you had a little elevation over the water, and a brilliant sunset, and you clearly have more than a little bit of telephoto..... perfect time to have tried to get a photo of the green flash. I've taken literally thousands of sunsets with an eye for the green flash, and have only captured four.

Okay, back on topic. It looks like something in motion, and really, depending upon your shutter speed, could easily be a bird. I took a series of photos of a fishing boat, and in the background of one was an almost perfectly shaped disk. I was pretty surprised and excited, until I looked at the previous and following photos (taken with a 1-second burst). It was a booby bird, but that ONE....... that one was really remarkable.

Not trying to debunk your photos, just relaying my own experiences.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
y'know...... I notice you have two objects in the photos. One, the streak, and then to the eleven o'clock position from that, a small dot of light. Interesting.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It indeed looks like a UFO, using its morphing technology to disguise itself as a whispy puffy cloud. Congrats!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the sarcasm onelife.. The entire reason I am posting the photos here is to get opinions on what it could be. It looks entirely different than a fluffy cloud I think.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I honestly have no idea what that is.

But I posted the following photo in another thread....and thought it might fit here as well...because it might appear a little similar.

In my photo of this sunset.....what is near the sun, are clouds. They appeared to move and then dissapear as the sun lowered.

Maybe this is what is in your photo?

Or maybe it is a high flying plane and that is the contrail?

Just some possibilities

Larger size: i80.photobucket.com...

[edit on 8/2/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Or maybe it is a high flying plane and that is the contrail?

Just some possibilities

That's exactly what I think it looks like. I see those all the time. Unless there was abnormal speed of flight or change of direction I'd vote: PLANE

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Sunset contrails. Don't think so? Just go out again another dozen times around sunset and see if you see the same things. I can almost guarantee you will. They're interesting, but not unusual.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
You got my opinion, nothing here resembles any UFO at all its fluffy and soft like a cloud. I wish you more ATS points though.

Originally posted by Trauma
Thanks for the sarcasm onelife.. The entire reason I am posting the photos here is to get opinions on what it could be. It looks entirely different than a fluffy cloud I think.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
OP is clearly only asking a question and not claiming that he has seen a real ET ship or making up stories. So I ask everyone to hold their horses, even if it only shows a cloud or more possibly a lens flare.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies all. The reasons this "object" originally caught my eye was because it is contrasted with the sun, appears to be much higher than the cloud line, and appears to have a possible disc shape form (assuming we are seeing most of the object)

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Trauma

Looks to me like a jet and it's contrail picking up the sunlight and glowing.

join